Chapter 53

Christmas break has finally arrived making everyone, including Blake exited for their twelve day break from school.

Blake went home to her plain house that had no decorations for Christmas making her annoyed.

They didn't decorate for Christmas because since London is Jewish and grew up not celebrating Christmas they were going to respect her and not celebrate it.

It was all Susie's idea which Blake did not like. She loved Christmas time, she loved all the decorations, the smell of the real Christmas tree, the lights, she absolutely loved it.

Last year they all decorated the house with Christmas decorations while listening to Christmas songs but this year? Nothing.

Blake respected the fact that London didn't celebrate Christmas, but the fact that her mother didn't even ask her about it just told her they weren't doing anything, that she was pissed about.

It was her house too, she lived in it slightly longer than London has but yet she had no say.

Jace felt bad for Blake, that's why whenever they hung out recently, it would be at his house just because his house was so festive. But it only made Blake envy their family, for having everyone there to celebrate it with.

"Come here Sparrow."

She patted the spot next to her on her bed and Sparrow jumped up next to her.

Max, now goes by the name Sparrow. The first week she eased him into the name, and she kept calling him it and now he knows it's his name. He was a very smart dog and he got used to Blake, he knows she won't hurt him. But he does have nightmares some nights, he would be whimpering in his sleep and Blake would have to wake him up. She still loved him so much though.

"It's just you and me this Christmas bud" she sighed.

He looked up at her and she kissed his head softly, even after he slightly flinched.

"I already got you a gift, a new bone but act surprised when you get it."

She laughed softly at him and laid down next to him.

"Want to know what I got Jace?"

She felt crazy talking to her dog but it felt nice to talk to someone who she knows won't go away.

"I got him the pair of shoes he's been wanting along with him and his family a trip to Disney land. I paid for their hotel, with plane tickets there and back."

Sparrow didn't say anything and she rubbed her eyes.

"I felt bad, they all talked about it and how they really wanted to go. I'm too nice."

Blake snorted at that, knowing she is in fact not too nice.

To pass some time, she read. Sparrow's body laid up against her and she softly rubbed his stomach back and forth as she held her book with her other hand.

After a while, she heard her phone buzz but ignored it. She was too invested in her book. Sparrow shifted slightly and laid his head on her stomach as she watched her read.

"What? Do you need something?"

He scratched at her bed softly and she chuckled.

"Wanna go outside?"

He shot up making her grabbing his leash and hook it to his collar.

When he finished doing his business, he ran up to her room after getting a small treat and she grabbed herself some water.

"Sparrow seems to be getting used to you."

Blake hummed and scratched her nose.

"He's a cute dog."