Chapter 102

Bright and early he sat in his opened up car. His skateboard in his lap, wanting to go skating just like old time sake.

If he was being honest, the only reason he was up early is because coach has them do exercises every morning at five a.m. So he has been up for the last three hours.

He saw her take Sparrow out, a pair of sweat shorts laid on her lower half as her upper half was only in a sports bra. Her long purple hair was in a messy bun, it being lopsided and loose on the top of her head as her thick hair made it slant more to one side than the other.

He got out of his car and Blake looked up at his figure walking over to her making her groan.

"You seriously need to get the hint and fuck off."

"Just wanted to see if you're still here and you are, thought you were leaving?"

"I was but my mom is sick, her bitch boy is sleeping on my fucking couch and I don't trust him taking care of her."

"Oh she has a new boyfriend?" he asked, acting like he didn't know already.

"Yeah, he's a fucking high school chemistry teacher and is weird as fuck. She doesn't deserve that after who she was already married to" she grumbled.

"I'm sure he is a nice guy if you tried to get to know him."

"Yeah he is too fucking nice and it pisses me off, he tries too damn hard for acceptance from me like some insecure piece of shit. He made peanut butter cookies for when I got here and nearly had a fucking panic attack when mom told him I'm severely allergic to peanuts. Apologizing to me like he hit me with his damn car" she grumbled angrily.

She completely forgot about how Jace had broken her heart months prior. It was just so easy talking to him, so all the things were spewing out of her mouth. She hasn't talked to Chris in a while since whenever she texted him he never replied, if he did he was very dry with his responses. Figuring he was over her she just stopped texting him. She only really had Sparrow to talk to now.

"Well it's the thought that counts, if your mom likes him he might be sticking around for a while."

"Hopefully not, major downgrade from my dad" she mumbled.

If she was being completely honest, she was upset her mom had moved on. She was upset but also happy for her. Upset over the fact she had moved on from her dad but happy that she wasn't grieving like she was before. She knew her mom deserved to be happy, but the thought of her with someone other than her dad made her heart sink a bit.

"Want to go skating?" Jace asked hopefully.

It was like a switch flicked back on in Blake's head and she glared harshly at the boy, mostly mad at the fact she actually talked to him about her mom and new boyfriend.

"No, you leave me the hell alone."

"Blake, I'm really sorry. I want to be with you."

"Well congratulations to you because I didn't fucking ask."

She whistled for Sparrow and he ran to her panting.

"Go home Jace."

She turned around and walked up her porch steps with Sparrow following after her. But his next sentence made her freeze. "I want to be the one to marry you, I'm deeply in love with you Blake Arrow Sterling."

She stayed staring at her white front door for about ten seconds before slowly turning around. "You should really stop saying stuff you don't mean."

Her heart was beating rapidly as she looked at the boy she was still so in love with. She couldn't forget about almost two in a half years within a month like he had.

"I do mean it, I really, really do."

"No you don't."

"But I-"

"No you don't, you can't be saying you fucking do when you don't" she hissed. "You told me that before and I believed you but then you broke up with me. You broke up with me because of distance which is a completely stupid fucking reason when you wanted to do this distance shit to begin with! You can't say I'm the one you want to marry when you threw our whole relationship out the window for another girl."

"She meant nothing to me."

"Cool, use a girl just like you did with Taylor back in high school. Definitely does not make you look like a fucking douchebag."

Jace winced slightly at her statement. "After my mom feels better I'm leaving, but don't worry. I'm sure once summer is over you won't be lonely anymore. Have fun with your cheerleader" she said, quoting the Instagram caption she had read. The same caption under a picture of the two of them kissing to rub in her face that he was in fact done with her. The same caption that made her feel like complete shit the week after.

"It's not like that, please just give me another chance" he begged.

"You broke my trust Jace, I refuse to have you use me like some fucking toy. I know my worth and I know how I should be fucking treated. You said wait until college is over so okay, but right now it does not fucking seem like you're done with college."

She went to go inside bud Jace spoke again. "After college I'll find you Blake, will you wait for me?"

Blake shrugged carelessly, even though deep down she knew she would wait for Jace. She knew that she really could never date a guy like him. She didn't even want to try looking.

"I'll wait for you Blake and I promise you that."
———
4-12-21