Chapter 40

"You wanna go to this party with me?" Jace asked Blake the following Friday.

"I really don't."

He sighed and she moved away from him when he stood too close to her.

"We are friends and seeing as I always do your things you should do mine. Ethan is throwing another party so you should come with me. A lot of people will be there."

"Fine, but when I get bored I'm leaving."

"But I will be your ride" Jace said with a smile.

"Which is why I'll bring my board."

He didn't get to say anything before she sauntered off to class.

"So, I'll pick you up around nine, make sure to be ready" Jace said after school.

"Yes mom, I'll be ready by then."

Jace rolled his eyes and jogged off towards his car.

§

Once it reached nine Blake stood in the same clothes she went to school in.

Which was just black ripped jeans, a long sleeve black shirt with her black leather jacket over it. She had layered chains around her neck and some on her belt loop on her jeans and rings on her fingers as her hair was put into braids so it wouldn't be in her way. Her makeup is the same as always and combat boots rested on her feet.

"You ready to go?" Jace asked her.

"Yup."

She held her skateboard tightly in her hands and put it in his backseat.

When they arrived at the party, Blake put the board underneath his car as he locked it up.

"Why'd you put it there?"

"When I want to leave I don't have to come find you for your keys."

He nodded and grabbed her arm as he pulled her into Ethan's house. They made their way to the kitchen and Blake got herself a beer and so did Jace.

"I didn't know you drink" Jace said as he popped open his bottle.

"I used to go to parties a lot."

He nodded and they wandered around the loud, busy house.

"Let's play never have I ever!"

"Jeez, what are we twelve?" Blake asked Taylor.

Taylor glared at Blake as the people who wanted to play all sat in a big circle in the basement.

"I'll start."

"Never have I ever, had a threesome."

A few people drank their drinks and it continued counter clock wise.

"Never have I ever had sex."

Everyone besides four people, took a sip of their drinks including Blake and Jace was shocked. Although she is the way she is, Jace had thought she was a virgin.

"Slut" Taylor coughed towards Blake.

"Oh I'm sorry, since I'm not a virgin anymore it makes me a slut? Well jee, I guess that makes you a huge slut seeing as you sleep with anyone with a dick."

A lot of people laughed and Taylor turned bright red but the game continued.

"Never have I ever gotten a tattoo."

Only two other people besides Blake drank and then it was Taylor's turn.

"Never have I ever dyed my hair purple to get attention from everyone because I'm a freak and have no life since I try and steal other people's boyfriends" Taylor said in a sweet voice as she stared at Blake. It got deathly silent in the room as people saw the stare down the two girls were having. "Go on Blake, take a sip."

"Is it my turn? I'm gonna go."

Even though there was still seven people before it was Blake's turn.

"Never have I ever been so desperate for a boy to like me that I have to go after a girl who is friends him. A boy who I had a sex agreement with only soon to become obsessed with him and the same boy I try making jealous by sleeping with so many guys, including guys in relationships in hopes he gets jealous and confesses his undying love for me even though everyone knows it won't happen" Blake said as she stared at Taylor the whole time. Everyone stayed silent and Blake sent her a wink. "Go on Taylor, take a sip."

Blake smirked as a few people snickered and Taylor screeched as she shot up and left the basement in embarrassment.

"I'm getting another beer" Blake announced to Jace.

She left the basement and others continued the game as he followed after her. But he got distracted when he saw Tony, he slapped his back and his best friend laughed loudly.

"Hey man! Where've you been?"

"Basement with a bunch of others."

They began talking and drinking more as Blake sat in the cold backyard. Since it was so cold, there was only two other people outside besides Blake.

She sat in one of the chairs and finished her beer while staring up at the stars before standing up and heading towards the front of the house.

Blake noticed Jace laughing loudly with his friends, she couldn't help but notice how drunk they all were. They were all obnoxiously laughing at nothing and screaming louder than the music for no reason. She knew he'd end up crashing at Ethan's place so she didn't have to bother driving him home.

"Later skater" Blake whispered in Jace's ear.

A few people watched their encounter as she walked away. Jace stood up and tripped over his own two feet before catching his balance and rushing off to Blake.

"Are you leaving?" Jace asked with a pout as she grabbed her board from underneath his car.

"Yeah, have fun."

She sent him a small wave and Tony put his arm around Jace's shoulder as Blake hopped on her board.

"You see her?" Jace asked his best friend as he pointed at the purple haired girl skating off down the dark street alone.

"Yes Jace I see her" Tony laughed as he guided his friend into the house.

"I'm so in love with her."

Tony's eyes widened and he let out a small smile. He was happy for his friend.

"I know buddy."
———
12-17-20