Chapter 41

Blake was leaning against the lockers outside of her first period class waiting for the teacher to arrive before school even started.

It had been two days since Friday's party and a lot of people gave her a smile and nod when they first saw her. Probably because Blake was the only girl who had the guts to befriend Jace without being scared of Taylor all over them.

Taylor really wasn't scary to Blake. Blake was taller than her and she knew how to defend herself.

Blake couldn't lie though, Taylor was insanely beautiful. If it wasn't for the fact that her personality was awful and she was obsessing over Jace, she could in fact date any guy she truly wanted. Well besides Jace of course.

Jace walked up to Blake, and stood in front of her.

"Hey beautiful" Jace smiled.

"Are you trying to flirt with me?" Blake asked as she looked up at him slightly.

Since she was wasn't wearing her combat boots today, she was an inch shorter than him.

"Maybe" Jace shrugged.

Since he admitted he loved Blake to Tony, he had this urge to make her his. So if blatantly flirting with her did the job, so be it.

Blake laughed with a snort and shook her head.

Jace admired her. He knew when she let out a true laugh because she always snorted when she laughed. Her eyes also become somewhat brighter when she is laughing to show she is happy.

"You have a cute laugh."

"Okay John, why are you trying to flirt with me?" Blake asked with a raised eyebrow.

If she was being honest, she didn't mind him flirting. If that was his way of saying he liked her then so be it.

She felt she would end up having to make the first move though.

"You just look extra cute today" he said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Referring to someone as cute is like comparing them to a puppy. Although I'm flattered never call me cute, I'm not cute" Blake said as the bell rang just as the teacher arrived and unlocked the door.

"Then what do you want me to call you?" Jace asked with a smile.

"Anything but cute, you could even call me ugly if you truly wanted to. But you and I would both know that you're lying because I'm not ugly" Blake stated confidently.

She patted his shoulder and walked into class.

Jace was totally head over heels in love with this confident, beautiful girl.

§

After school Jace stood outside of Blake's classroom out of breath. After every one of her classes today, he was standing outside of it out of breath the minute the bell rang.

"Okay so this is creepy, you know my whole schedule and are somehow here when I come out?" Blake said as Jace followed in sync with her.

"I wanted to walk you to class and walk you home."

"Again, I'm flattered but I drove here and it's fucking freezing outside" Blake said as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"I can give you my jacket" he said as he pointed at his football hoodie.

"Hard pass."

"Why don't you like taking my jackets?" he asked her.

"At my old school, when the guys gave the girls their sports jackets it was like they claimed them as theirs. No other person was to try and take them because they are already claimed. So ever since I saw that, I won't take any guys sports jacket. I am my own person and won't be claimed" she explained.