Bonus chapter 1

*TW: Mentions of suicide. You can skip this chapter if you want, it's not important to the story line*

Blake sat in the living room debating whether or not to tell Jace.

"Foods ready" he smiled down at her, carrying two trays of food he had just made for them.

He placed it on the coffee table and looked at her. "What's wrong?"

"Can I talk to you about something?" she asked him.

"Of course you can, you know you can talk to me about anything."

She nodded and turned to face him as he put his full attention on her. He can see that whatever she has to say was important so he wanted his entire focus on her.

"I just wanted to talk to you about this, I feel as if it's important for you to know although I haven't done anything in years."

He nodded, not wanting to speak. His eyes stayed on her as he held her hand, encouraging her to start whenever she was ready.

"When my dad died, I was devastated you know this" she stated making him nod. "Well, just a week after he had past I tried to do something."

His eyebrows furrowed and she sighed. She needed to just say it, act like she was just ripping off a bandaid.

"I was taking a bath but I was staring at the wall, I was so hurt and broken that I tried drowning myself.."

His eyes widened and his heart ached.

"I almost did it, I wasn't going to let myself up but then my mom flashed in my mind and I couldn't do it to her so I got up."

She watched his facial expression, his eyes dancing all over her face as he processed the information he just heard.

"Is there more?" he asked softly.

She nodded slowly making him gulp, "can I hold you while you tell me?"

She nodded again and climbed onto his lap so he can hold her, his chin resting on top of her head.

"The second time was three months later and I was going to cut myself... I uh- I had a kitchen knife in my hand. I remember- I know that I was terrified but I was also relaxed at the same time if that makes any sense. I wanted to join my dad so bad but right as I was about to do it, my mom had came home drunk again. So I helped her and I told myself I would try again some other time but I never ended up doing it."

He stayed silent for a few minutes, his hold on Blake tightening being thankful for everything that she never ended up going through with it.

"I- I thought about doing it a third time, it was a week before we became friends. I- I was going to take a bunch of pills and end it that way. But I never acted on it, it was just a thought I had."

He processed what she said and gave her head a long kiss.

"You don't have those thoughts anymore right?"

She shook her head, "haven't had them in a while."

He nodded, not knowing exactly what to say. How was he supposed to reply to that?

"I'm so glad you're still here Blake, you don't understand how happy you make me."

She smiled and gave his shoulder a soft kiss. "If you ever feel that way again tell me okay?"

"I will."

He held her even more to his body, his hold being slightly tight. He was glad she was still alive. He was glad that she was in his arms in their apartment that they shared together. If she ended up taking her life he knew he would have never known what true love was; what true happiness was. Because Blake showed him what true love was and what pure happiness was. All thanks to her, he was able to be the happiest he could ever be.

He will forever be thankful that she was still with him. He will thank God everyday for not taking Blake away from this earth. He knew she had a purpose to fulfill. He was eternally grateful.
———
4-12-21