Chapter 60

The next morning Jace sat in his car watching the clock on his radio. Visiting hours start in two minutes and he was impatiently waiting to see Blake.

As soon as a minute was left he shut his car off before rushing into the building as the cold wind hit him. He brought Blake a pair of sweats along with one of his hoodies with slip on vans and fuzzy socks so she would be comfortable.

"I'm here to see Blake Sterling" Jace smiled at the receptionist.

"Sorry but visiting hours haven't started yet."

"There is only twenty eight more seconds and by the time I finish this sentence it will be shorter and when I get to her room it will be visiting hours."

The lady laughed at him and she typed on her computer.

"She was moved to a conjoined room, room two-thirteen"

"Thank you" he smiled at her.

He rushed up to the second floor and found room two-thirteen. He knocked gently and pushed open the door to see Blake with an annoyed look on her face.

"What's wrong baby?" he asked her.

She pointed to the curtain where it flew open to see a boy around their age.

"Ah so you're the boyfriend?"

"Uh yeah?"

"He is so damn annoying, can I leave yet?" Blake asked while grumbling.

"I'll ask the doctor."

Jace walked over and kissed her lips before smiling.

"Did you sleep well?"

"Not really, I wanna see Sparrow."

"He's at my house, we took care of him last night."

She nodded and looked up at him.

"I love you."

His heart began beating faster, "I love you too."

He left quickly to get the doctor so they can check to see if she is all set to leave. When everything seemed fine, she signed herself out and Jace handed her, her clothes and she changed in the bathroom.

"I'm Jared by the way" the guy said.

"Jace."

Jared nodded and grabbed a cup of water.

"How long have you two been dating?"

"About a month."

"A month and already saying I love you?"

"We've known each other for months and we only made it a official in December."

Jared nodded and chuckled, "you got yourself a good one."

Jace smiled widely, "I really did."

Jared sighed, feeling extra single. He hated being single but it wasn't his fault no one really liked him.

Blake walked out in comfortable clothing and Jace smiled at her.

"Ready to go?"

Blake nodded and grabbed her clothes from before and Jared smiled.

"Bye Blake" Jared smiled at her.

She flipped him off and Jace chuckled before sending a wave to Jared and leaving.

"My place?"

"Just to get Sparrow, I'm still feeling a little tired and sore."

"Okay, I'll run in and get him."

She nodded and they drove to his house. She stayed in the car as she drank some water, her throat still being a bit sore from when they and to pump her stomach out.

The passenger door was opened and Sparrow jumped in while wagging his tail happily.

"Hi buddy" she smiled softly at him.

He licked her face and sat in her lap as Jace drove them to her house.

Sparrow ran inside as the two teens walked up and into her room.

"I'm sleepy" Blake mumbled tiredly.

Doctors kept coming into her room every hour to do check ups on Jared and run some tests. She woke up each time and hated it.

"Let's get to bed yeah?"

She kicked off her shoes and threw her fuzzy socks somewhere in her room as she curled into a ball. Jace climbed in after her as Sparrow laid with his head facing her stomach.

"Goodnight baby" Jace whispered in her ear.

"Goodnight."
———
1-1-21