Chapter 83

Blake once again wasn't celebrating or decorating for Christmas at her house this year because of London. Her mom and London were doing the eight days of Hanukkah but Blake did not want to participate.

She was upset about it but Jace had begged her to spend Christmas with his family, she finally agreed after he kept going on and on until he finally gave her a headache so she agreed.

"Get up! It's Christmas morning! Get up! Get up!"

Michelle jumped up and down on Jace's bed. Blake wanted to rip her ears off but she tried to hide her anger at the fact it was seven thirty in the morning and it was Michelle.

"Elle, we'll be down in a few minutes. Give us a bit to wake up" Jace said softly towards his little sister. He could tell that Blake was getting angry, she really was not a morning person and he of all people knew that.

Michelle rushed off to go wake up the rest of her siblings as Jace rubbed her shoulder softly.

"Merry Christmas bubba" he whispered in her ear.

"It's too early, why wake up so early?" she asked grumpily.

"Michelle is just excited, come on be happy."

Jace sighed, seeing the sad glint in her eyes still. It was her second Christmas without her dad and he knew she would never truly be her happiest on any holiday or birthday.

"You know he's proud of you."

"Yeah everyone always fucking tells me that, that's all they ever say" she grumbled. She hated that everyone always tells that to her now because they have nothing else to say.

She sighed, before holding onto Jace tightly feeling bad for snapping when he was only trying to make her feel better. "I'm sorry, Merry Christmas."

"It's okay."

He gave her forehead a kiss before they both got up. They took a quick shower together and Jace changed into the matching pajamas him and his family wear every year.

When they got ready Jace and Blake sat in the living room waiting for everyone.

Once everyone came down and sat in the living room Blake immediately felt left out. They all were wearing the same red and black matching pajamas as she wore a black hoodie and black leggings. They passed around gifts for a while, Blake shuffling uncomfortably next to Jace as she watched them all open their gifts.

"This one is for Blake!" Gracie announced, it was the very last gift under the tree.

"Huh?"

"We all got you a gift" Tammy smiled at her, pointing her phone towards Blake like she had done with the rest of her kids.

"You didn't have to do that."

"Just open it."

Blake opened it up to reveal a painting of her dad. It was one of her favorite pictures of him, when he won his very first Emmy. He had the biggest, happiest smile on his face that Blake had ever seen on him making it her favorite picture that was ever taken of him. But instead of the stage he was on when he got it, he was surrounded by a light blue sky and some white fluffy clouds. He had a halo above his head and white angel wings coming out of his back. It was truly the best painting she'd ever seen.

"Do you like?"

She nodded, not wanting to talk at all as she felt her eyes blur up a bit. This one of the best gifts she had ever gotten. The details on it were insane.

"Thank you" she sniffled out to them, a smile coming onto her face.

They all smiled at the girl, and Jace pulled her into his body to comfort her. The family slowly left, making their way up to their rooms to put their gifts away so they can leave them alone.