Chapter 29

Blake sat alone like she always does. She sat on the carpeted floor of the school library during lunch as the librarian took her lunch break.

She never was one to eat breakfast or lunch. She never really was a person to have a huge appetite anyways. But when she ate, she usually ate a lot of food depending on her mood.

The teen girl worked on a song she has been writing for about a month now, she needed to finish it so she could record it. Her dad's music company he worked for let her have this opportunity and was glad she had called. They were honored to have yet another Sterling be able to record with them.

As she finally finished her song, the bell rang indicating the end of lunch and the beginning of senior lunch and sixth period.

She stood up with her bag and walked to her class.

§

"Hey!"

Blake turned to look at a smiling Jace.

"Do you want to stay for my practice? We can hang out after if you'd like" he said hopefully.

He hated that he was ditching his other friends for Blake recently but he so much rather hang out with Blake than them. He really didn't have much in common with them anymore besides they all love football.

"I can't I'm busy" Blake said.

Which was true, she was going to the recording studio.

"Oh, what do you have planned?"

"None ya."

Jace gave her a look but Blake only crossed her arms over her chest.

"Later skater."

Blake rode off on her board and Jace sighed before going to the locker rooms.

"So you going to ditch us again or actually hang out with us today?" Tony asked Jace as they got ready for practice.

"I'm free today" he said.

"Good, we are going to Ethan's house and are inviting tons of girls. Taylor being one of them" Tony said and gave a smirk towards Jace.

"Taylor and I aren't a thing, I don't like her like that and I stopped our arrangement. You know this."

"Yeah I do but I don't know why."

Tony looked at Jace and the teen boy only shrugged as he laced up his shoes.

"Seriously? We have been best friends since we were in diapers and you can't even tell me why you stopped your thing with Taylor?"

Jace glanced around the empty locker room. He really didn't feel the need to brag about how his friendship with Blake is going and how he was falling in love with her. But Tony has been his best friend for years.

"I'm interested in someone else."

Tony's eyes widened slightly. He really didn't expect that.

"Who?"

Jace shook his head and walked out of the locker room.

"Bro come on! You have to tell me!" Tony said as he ran after him.

"No because I know how you are. You will tell the entire football team and I don't want them bugging me or her about it."

"I won't! I promise!"

Jace gave him a look and Tony sighed.

"Don't make me say it."

Jace shook his head.