Chapter 18

It was officially Halloween time, seeing as it was October twenty-fourth.

A lot has happened in the past month but nothing big has really changed.

Jace got better at skateboarding. He was still bad but he was definitely better for doing it every single day for the past month. He has been trying hard to be friends with Blake but she just kept walking off.

Blake on the other hand is not on good terms with her mom like she was before. Susie's new friend, London from her yoga class moved into the spare bedroom they had. She was very nice and always looked after Susie which made Susie not need Blake like she had before.

So Blake had been crashing at Chris' house for the past week. His son Jack who is seven was in the kitchen eating breakfast as he was brought to day care before school.

Chris gets Jack every other week.

"I'm off to school" Blake said as she laced up her combat boots.

"Alright, bye sweetheart" Katherine smiled.

"Bye Blake!" Jack beamed at her.

Blake always thought he was cute with his little glasses.

"Bye Jack" Blake said as she ruffled his blonde hair.

Katherine smiled at the two.

Blake always wished she had a sibling. But it wouldn't be the same if her mother had a kid from another guy.

She grabbed her skateboard and rode off to school.

Since football season was coming to an end, everyone was getting ready for the last home game that was November eleventh which was the homecoming game. It was eighteen days away and they had a lot of practice to do seeing as they lost the last two games.

Blake ignored the conversation of the students around her as she listened to her music. She looked around the poster filled walls talking about the homecoming game, homecoming dance and some random clubs that need more members to join.

She wasn't interested in any of that.

§

Once school was out Blake waited because Chris said he was picking her up from school today.

"Hey Blake."

She rolled her eyes at Jace's voice and watched him sit down next to her from the corner of her eye.

"Shouldn't you be at practice?"

"Yeah but I wanted to talk to you for a second."

She rolled her eyes once more before turning to him.

"What do you want?"

"I wanted to know if you were going to the homecoming dance" Jace said.

He was nervous, he wanted to ask her to the dance. He knew she would reject him, he prepared himself but he still wanted to at least try.

"Nope."

He thought that her not even going to begin with was slightly better than her rejecting him.

"Oh, why not?"

"Because they are lame dances with stupid decorations. It's just a poor version of prom."

"Not necessarily."

"Well they are still lame and everyone who attends is too preppy for me so no I am not going."

Blake was over their conversation and wanted Chris to hurry up before she started skating to his house.

She already planned on going home today. She didn't want to bother Chris and his wife even though they told her they loved having her. Blake just felt out of place and didn't want to overstay her welcome.