Chapter 26

Blake didn't feel like dressing up for school the next day. She was too lazy and tired to do anything.

So she threw on a pair of dark red joggers and a black baggy hoodie. She threw her hair up into a messy bun and just put foundation and concealer on to coverup a few acne spots that were coming in. She put black socks on before putting her slippers on her feet.

"Bye mom!"

When Blake got to school she kept her head down and music blasting in her ears. She bobbed her head slightly to the Beatles as she made her way to class, shrugging off the hand that was placed on her shoulder.

§

She sat in the room, staring at the picture of her dad as she wrapped her arms around her legs. Blake had her head resting on her knees as she played back the service they had for him.

All his actor friends came for it along with his family, singer friends and close non famous friends. Susie's side of the family came to support her during the hard time. But Blake felt alone.

The actors stuck together, the singers stuck together, Adam's family stuck together, and Susie's family stuck together. She was alone holding her sobbing mother as people made speeches about her father.

Then someone called her up.

She didn't want to give a speech, but she pushed back her tears and walked up confidently to the microphone.

"If you didn't know me, I am Adam's daughter Blake."

Blake didn't know how else to start and she glanced at Chris who gave her an encouraging smile. She glanced at her mom to see her crying again.

"He was an amazing actor, singer, brother, son, uncle, friend and most importantly an amazing dad."

She breathed out quietly to herself and glanced up at the sky for a few seconds before staring at the open space on the dead grass.

"He is my best friend, we did so many things together. He taught me how to skate, we would go skating all the time and he taught me how to not be afraid of what people think of me."

Blake folded her arms over her chest when wind began to blow softly.

"His nickname for me was princess, he always said I was his little princess. He always made sure I was okay and when he stayed at work late shooting a movie or a show he would always call me and sing our song. It was our tradition since I was born. Adam is a true hero, he helped everyone around him and was always able to put a smile on anyone's face."

Blake blinked her tears away and glanced at the picture of her dad smiling happily.

"His smile will always be my favorite. He is now watching over us in heaven like our guardian angel."

Blake stepped away from the microphone and whispered to the picture as she passed it.

"Fly high my angel."

After she gave her speech Chris walked up to give his. It made Blake want to cry but she didn't, she held her mother as she sobbed at Chris' words.

"Adam was like a brother to me. He was always there for me whenever I needed him. To when we were on set and I had Jack he would watch him whenever I had to film a scene. He was a kind hearted man, always willing to help others who needed the help."

Chris then looked at Blake and Susie before continuing.

"If you weren't close to Adam you wouldn't understand how much he talked about his wife Susie and his daughter Blake. He worshiped the ground they walked on. Whenever they asked him to do something he would do it that second. He was always talking about how in love he was with Susie and how much he loved his little princess Blake. He always said that they were his world and would do anything for them."