Chapter 69

It's officially summer time. Which was amazing in Blake's book.

During mid-March, they had taken their SAT's which made Blake and Jace argue.. a lot but they were all good once they had taken it. It just put stress on all of them.

They were going strong and since they officially finished their junior year last week they had nothing but time to kill during the last summer break of their high school years.

Which meant going with some of Jace's friends to a beach house for the week.

It would be Jace, Blake, Tony, Ethan, Jonathon, Skylar, and Taylor.

Blake really did not want to go, especially since Taylor would be there but she is putting up with it because Jace was really excited to go and she didn't want to ruin it for him.

"You sure you have everything?" Jace asked for the millionth time.

He wanted to make sure she had packed everything because it was a three in a half hour drive to the beach house and he really did not want to drive back to her house then back to the beach house. That is just seven hours wasted.

"Yes I'm sure, three bathing suits, clothes even some extras, bras, underwear, tampons, socks, shoes, camera, laptop, toothbrush, toothpaste, acne cream, retainer, makeup, perfume, deodorant, phone charger and skateboard. I have everything now can we go?"

Jace smiled at her and nodded before lifting up both their bags and bringing it down to the car. Blake carried her skateboard as her sunglasses rested on top of her head, slipping some hair ties around her wrist just in case.

"Are you sure you're okay with watching Sparrow? I can bring him if you don't want to watch him" Blake said as she saw Sparrow begging for the food her mom was eating.

"I really don't mind, plus London is having her nephew come over on Tuesday and Wednesday and he is really excited to meet Sparrow."

Blake nodded and hugged her mom.

"Everything he needs is on my dresser."

"Okay, bye sweetheart be safe."

"I will mom, bye."

Blake left after saying bye to Sparrow, skateboard in hand as she walked towards Jace. She put her board in the backseat and climbed in the passenger.

"I'm so glad Ethan is giving Tony a ride, if I had to spend two in a half hours with him I would have thrown myself out of the moving vehicle."

Jace laughed at Blake's words and leaned over to give her a quick kiss before putting the car in drive.

Jace knows Blake really doesn't like pretty much any of his friends. He appreciates her tolerating Tony most of the time seeing that's his best friend but he really didn't mind her not liking the others. He doesn't like them half he time himself. He just knows she won't start anything with any of them unless they start something first. Jace is just hoping Taylor doesn't start anything. He hated that she was going but Ethan had insisted she came along.

By the time Jace and Blake arrived at the beach house everyone was already there and claimed their rooms.

"Sorry guys, since you got here last you get the smallest room with the twin size bed."

"You're kidding, there are two king size beds" Jace groaned at Ethan.

"Yeah me and Skylar took one of them, and Taylor took the other. Tony and Jon are taking the room with the two twin beds."

"It's your place, why didn't you just tell Taylor to piss off and get the small room. There isn't enough space for me and Blake on the bed."

"Sorry man, she's your ex not mine. I'm not messing with her."