Chapter 62- Im listening

"Arise." My voice echoed through the silence of the trees. The dead bird in front of me soon started to rise, but not it's body, it's shadow. In an instant memories began flying through my mind.
  The flying feel of freedom, the sky and mountains below me as I circle. Feeding my children as they hatch from their eggs. Looking at my wife, who smiled at me lovingly at the children we created. Then the storm came. I lost them, all of them. They died while I was out hunting for food. But the storm came and I had to take shelter...I had to...I had to! But...why did they have to die. My wife...my kids....my home....
  The feeling of despair, hunger, sloth-fullness. The loss of will. The passing feel of death.
  "AGH!" He grasped his chest as he gasped for air. He felt it. The birds pain as he passed. As he lived. His stomach churned at the thought.
  "So it is true." He whispered to himself as he looked at his hand. He reached it back out to the birds shadow. He had simply tested his power, he did not need the bird in his army. "Rest," he said. The bird closed its eyes and its shadow dissolved into the air.
  He could feel the birds relief as it passed away into the final afterlife with no pain. A small smile came to his face and a tear fell down his right cheek.
  This is why power is...what his power is. There's so much he can do with this, yet so much he shouldn't. Playing with the dead isn't a game. He decided he would stick with the Grimm in his army, not taking anything else into it.
  He looked up at the sky in thought, his mind going to many places. He knew that this power, the truth of it, would scare the people he knows. He was a part of Salem, or his power was. But the fact that it chose him....
  He put a hand to his chest. "If...I'm connected to Salem, it would make sense that she was able to summon me to her..but...she didn't know who I was, so...she couldn't have summoned me." He talked to himself.
  Maybe because they are connected they sometimes get brought to each other, summoned to the other. And the reason Salem never goes to him is because...she is the original, he is what was left behind. But...maybe if he focused....
  He blinked and when his eyes opened he was in Salem's palace. She was sitting on her throne when she noticed him.
  "You!" She hissed.
  "Shut up," he sneered as he walked up to her. "I need to speak to you."
  "About what? Stealing my pets? Or betraying me. Oh wait, those go hand in hand." Zakai rolled his eyes and rubbed his temples in annoyance.
  "Salem. Listen to me. For one second LISTEN!" His raising of his voice made her flinch slightly.
  "...I'm listening," she replied.
  "So...I just learned that me and you," he looked her in the eyes. "We are connected." He put his Grimm like arm to his heart. 
  "Connected?" She raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean, connected?"
  "I only exist because of you." He replied. "But at the same time, I don't need you to exist. But at the same time, you are me because I am you."
  "You're not making any sense, boy! Stop speaking enigmatically."
  "Remember when you fell into the pool of blackness, or rather, jumped in."
  "How do you know that? How do you even KNOW about the land of darkness?"
  "Because I have been there, and I've spoken to the Gods. Both of them."
  "They are back?" She hissed.
  "No. Just listen to me. I learned that when you jumped into the pool, you were split in two. The...being you turned into, and the other you, the one that was left behind."
  "What...are you speaking of? There are two of me?"
  "In a sense, yes. But no. You were transformed into a being of darkness, of evil. The other you stayed kind, innocent, but they manifested powers of darkness itself."
  "And...you are the me that was left behind?"
  "In a sense, yes. I don't understand how it works, but the best way to explain it is like Ozpins reincarnation. However, we don't take over our new body's mind with our own. We pass on, but the power goes to someone new.
  "I've gained the memories of Leo, the one before me that held this power, but he didn't even know about it, as he was the first one to be cursed by the God of Darkness many, MANY years ago."
  "So...you are the new wielder of this power?" She asked. "And why are you telling me this. I'm your enemy, not your friend." She frowned.
  "I just feel that you have a right to know." He stated.
  "Okay," she sighed softly. "And what is this power?" She asked.
  "The power to control the dead." Her eyes widened as he spoke.
  "What?!"
  "You heard me," he looked in her eyes. They were filled with hate, yet riddled with confusion. "Anyway, that's all I wanted to say," he turned around and began walking off. At least until someone else walked into the room.
  "Cinder!" He hissed, remembering the woman who almost killed Weiss.
  Cinder kept walking, eventually walking through him, as if he wasn't there.
  "Salem," Cinder started, to which Salem raised her hand, silencing her. She was eating for Zakai to leave, which he did just that.
  He opened his eyes and found himself back in the forest, his eyes heavy and body slumping. He was exhausted.
  "Kai?" He could hear Jeremy calling for him, but his voice was getting farther and farther away, until finally darkness overtook him.