Chapter 14- Event Horizon

"Come on, girl, we need to get going," Zakai said as he picked her up by an arm. "Grimm are attacking."
  "Yeah....lets go." She followed him as he lead the way out the arena. The Grimm attacked the barrier around the arena, causing everyone to panic.
  'It's gonna break!' He thought as he saw a crack spread. "Change of plan, we need to stop the Grimm." He said as he ran to the middle of the arena. He stole the sword from a nearby student who was panicking. "Hurry!" He said as he rushed to the arena ground and look up at the Grimm.
  "I don't know what's going on, but I'm ready to kick some butt!" A girls voice sounded from behind him. He turned around to see a blonde haired girl and other people behind her.
  "We're here to help, Zakai." A girl with black hair said.
  "Even if you don't want it," a white haired girl commented.
  'Who...are these people?'
  "No, I'm happy for it," he said as he saw another team come up. One guy had a buster sword, one other girl had a brief case and the other girl a camera? He didn't have time to look at the other guy as the Grimm broke through the barrier. "I need all the help I can get."
"You're talkative," the white haired girl stated as she unsheathed her rapier.
"I have no idea what you're talking about," he said as the sword he took unfolded, going from a hilt to having a blade.
They all started attacking the Grimm as the girl called Ruby attacked with the blade of the dead robot. She stabbed the Grimm and was knocked back. He caught her before she hit the ground.
"Call your weapon. You need it," he said as he got up.
"T-thanks. I will!" She called her weapon.
"Good, now lets-" he was interrupted as a griffon grabbed him and lifted him off.
"ZAKAI!" He heard Ruby call before they where all out of sight.
He twisted and fought its grip. "Let go!" He struggled to escape. "Damn it! I said-" the sword in his hand became covered in electricity. "LET GO!" It transformed into a a buster sword as he twirled and cut off its feet, releasing him from its grip.
'Crap,' He thought as he began falling. He fell through a roof, breaking it as he landed on the ground, the wind knocked out of him.
"AGH!" He gasped for breathe as he writhed in pain. "Stupid Aura, never doing its job." He complained as he got up slowly and walked outside. He was in the city, which too, was infested by Grimm. "The hell!" He said as people ran away screaming. He picked up the sword only to realize that it was broken, and now only half of a blade.
"Good enough," he grumbled as he charged into the side of a Beowulf that was chasing a woman, stabbing it in it's neck and killing it.
"Run!" He yelled at her as he slashed at another one that jumped at him. She did as told and ran away.
'Tsk! The city is infested with them!' He thought as he kicked off the head of a Beowulf to leap higher into the air and cut the wing of a griffon, sending it crashing to the ground. On his way back down he stabbed the broken sword into the Beowulf's skull, and immediately turned around to stab the throat of the Griffon that tried to sneak up on him.
People ran past him as he protected them from Beowulf's and Griffons that tried to attack them.
'It's like a never ending horde!' He thought as he slashed at more.
By the time he finished he had killed at least 40 Grimm. He was panting and bleeding from wounds he had received. His Aura was still a third full.
"Tsk!" He walked forward. Everyone got away, but he had to head back towards the academy. He had to help everyone there.
It didn't take to long for him to get back to the academy. And when he got there, all he saw was chaos.
Grimm and students where fighting, as well as robots who were attacking the students.
'What the hell?' He dodged a bullet from a robot who shot at him. He ran towards it, dodging the bullets shot at him and stabbed it in its center, it sparked and died.
"What's going on here?!" He spoke to himself as he ran, slashing Grimm and robots, and helping students who needed it. He was looking for someone...but he didn't know who, or why. But he knew he'd now when he saw them.
A gunshot to his back sent him to his knees, dropping the broken sword. He went to reach for it, but it was shot away and he was surrounded by robots and Grimm, all ready to kill him.
He did a sweeping kick, knocking some of the robots down, he curved stomped one of their heads in, and went to do another, but he was slashed by a Beowulf and fell to his knees again.
"Gh!" He grabbed his side where he was slashed. It was bleeding. Another Beowulf pounced on top of him and went to bit him, but he moved his head away last second and kicked it off of him. He stood up slowly and realized he was surrounded, by both Grimm and killer robots.
He flinched at the pain he was feeling, all the blood he was loosing.
"Is this...how I die?" He laughed to himself softly as the enemies closed in on him. "Pretty pathetic..." he whispered.
'NO! WE HAVE TO HELP HER! DON'T GIVE UP!' A voice yelled in his head, making his ears ring. 'Fight! If not for yourself, for them! Your friends!'
"Who? Who are you? Who are you, what are you talking about?" The voice sounded like him, but it sounded...sadder...like he had been through pain and hardships.
'Please...don't give up...'
"I won't...I'll fight...," electricity surrounded his entire body and spread to the ground. The sky seemed to switch from the night sky to a rusty red. "Even if I die. I will fight for my life!" The electricity flashed and the world around him changed. He was surrounded by hundreds, no thousands of weapons, and he didn't seem to be at the academy. He was in a waste land, surrounded by swords to axes to bow staffs to nunchucks. They seemed old and warm down, like they were used in a battle that was lost long ago.
Swords appeared in the air behind him and aimed at the enemies, one by one, the weapons flew at his enemies, killing them, stabbing them full of blades.
The last thing he remembered was killing the last Grimm before blacking out.