Chapter 11- Alone again.....

"You.....surrender?" Weiss sounded confused. Zakai stayed silent, keeping his hands raised in a surrender.
  "It seems that's Zakai has surrendered to the opposing team, making team RWBY the winner!" The announcer spoke as the crowed went into fits of confusion and disagreement.
  "I knew we could to it...," Yang spoke through gritted teeth as she got up slowly. Zakai reached under her arm and helped get her up.
  "Sorry about that," he muttered. "I didn't mean to go that far."
  "What do you mean? That was an awesome fight. I totally didn't expect you to be able to dodge that fast, let alone have the speed to twirl your blade around and hit me with the hilt. But I'll be expecting that next time," she smirked. "So I wouldn't try it again."
  "Thanks for the advice," he smiled softly.
"Wow, you actually smiled," Weiss commented. He realized she was right and he went back to a blank expression.
"Aww, don't stop, you look better when you're smiling," Yang poked his cheek. He replied by swatting her hand away from his face.
Ruby, who was quiet until now spoke softly.
"Why?" She asked.
"Hm?"
"Why did you surrender so fast? You didn't even try!"
"Tsk!" His pupils shrunk. "Why the hell does that matter to you!" He demanded more then asked.
"Because that's not how a real battle wo-"
"THIS ISN'T A REAL BATTLE!" He yelled. "A real battle is when your life is on the line! One where a simple screw up gets you killed! Gets everyone you love killed!"
"So your saying that if this was a real battle, you would have kept fighting?" She asked, her voice shaky.
"Yes, I think I made that clea-" he dodged her scythe mid attack and jumped back a few feet.
"IT SEEMS TEAM RWBY HAS REJECTED THE SURRENDER! THE BATTLE IS STILL ON GOING!" One of the announcers yelled with excitement.
"I don't understand, he surrendered, why is it still on going?" The other announcer asked.
"These battles are supposed to simulate a real battle. And in a real battle you can surrender all you want, but if your enemy rejects the surrender, it's a fight to the death! Or in this case, until Aura is depleted."
  'The hell?!' Zakai thought as he kept dodging everyone's attacks. His semblance had stoped working and he didn't have the luxury to draw out his weapons.
"What's going on?" He asked as he took a slash across the check from Weiss's rapier.
"You said you'd only fight if it was to the death, so..... fight," Ruby said.
"Why are you so hell bent on making me fight?" He asked as he dodged a punch and a round house kick from Yang, grabbing her leg that was in the air and shoulder ramming her sending her about a foot back.
"Because...I don't want anyone to die. I want them to fight as hard as they can, practice fight or real fight." She replied as she swung her scythe at him. He dodged under it and used the opening to kick off the ground and propel himself in front of her so they where face to face, nose to nose.
She starred him in the eyes and he started back.
"People like you," he said coldly. "Really piss me off." A punch from Yang sent him flying back and bouncing off the ground several times times before he skidded to a halt and slowly got to his feet.
"Why do people like me anger you?" She asked. "Is it because I'm being optimistic and not wanting people to die? Because I want to be a hero? What's so wrong with that?"
"Everything!" He yelled as electricity surrounded him and the ground around him. The sky seemed to go dark and flicker between day and an old dusk colored sky. "You try and protect everyone even though you can't, and then when you fail you feel likes it's your fault. You blame yourself for being useless, being to weak, to scarred. But people die everyday, you can't stop that, you can't help them, you can't help everyone! So just stick to helping those that are close to you."
"That's selfish," Ruby said softly. With a hint of sadness in her voice. "I know people die everyday, and I know I can't help them all, but I'll try, I'll try and help everyone I can, not just the people around me and close to me. I was taught that long ago.....," she seemed to stare off in the distance. Blake and Yang charged at him from both sides and both went to attack him.
"Yeah? Well I learned long ago that when there's a significant difference in skill, there's no saving anyone. Which is why, all of you will lose right here, today." A black sword appeared in his right hand and a white one in his left and blocked their attacks.
"That's some big talk coming from someone who's losing," Yang said cockily.
  He looked up at the Aura board. Zakai was at half and everyone else was at a quarter full from the previous fight, except Yang who seemed to have one Aura left.
He pushed them away with the blades and leaned toward Blake, turning one blade backwards and spinning in a circle, the blades slashed her, depleting her Aura by quite a bit. He quickly twirled the blade back to normal and did a spin kick at the same time, blocking a kick from Yang. He did the same thing again, but this time with his other leg.
She went to punch him, to which he just ducked underneath and head-but her gut, which depleted the rest of her Aura.
A loud buzzer went off.
"It seems Yang is out of the fight!" The announcer seemed to be bursting with excitement.
He looked over at the remaining three, his eyes cold and empty. They seemed to look at each other nervously as he twirled the blade in his right hand in a circular motion.
  He slowly started to jog, with the blades dragging on the ground behind him, and slowly his jog turned into running, when he was a few feet away from them he saw them brace themselves for an attack.
  He jumped in the air and did a front flip, brining the swords close together and above his head, and slamming down once he became upright in the air.
  Blake attempted to block the attack, but the propulsion sent her skidding a feet back. Before his feet hit the ground, he did a tornado twist and threw the sword in his right hand at Weiss, who thought she could use ice glyphs to shoot ice at him, but his sword knocked her rapier out her hand.
  "Since when was he so skilled?" Blake said as she got back into defense position as Zakai lunged at her.

  Ruby's POV

  All Ruby could see was Zakai. Her entire focus was on him. The look he gave them a second ago, the cold empty one, it struck her as.....terrifying. He scared her, yet she liked it?
  She saw him attacking Blake, he was on the offense and she was on the defense. He even seemed to see past her tricks that she uses with her Semblance. As soon as she would vanish and leave a fake copy, he would turn toward where she was coming from and block her attack and go back to attacking.
  "I don't know," Weiss said as she grabbed her rapier from the ground. "But I'm about tired of this," she pointed her rapier and white glyphs surrounded Zakai like a dome.
  "Wait, Weiss, not that!" Ruby reached out to her but she wasn't listening.
  Weiss jumped on top of the highest glyph and rotated it so she was on the inside. She jumped at high speeds, slashing at Zakai from glyph to glyph.
  "Wait! Sto-" she froze at what she saw. Zakai had summoned another sword that looked like the last one in his right hand and was deflecting Weiss's attacks.
  "How is that even possible?" Blake said as she stood next to Ruby, both of them had looks of shock on their face.
  The crowed was in chaos and cheering and gasping. The announcers were even surprised.
  "WHAT IS THIS?! IT SEEMS THAT MR. SNYDER HAS BEGUN DEFLECTING MS. SCHNEE'S ATTACKS THAT ARE COMING FROM EVERY DIRECTION AT HIGH SPEEDS! HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE! WHAT HAS MR. SNYDER BEEN HIDING!"
  Ruby was watching intensely when she noticed something.
  "It looks like he's about to move," she was referring to his feet. He was slowly spreading his left leg farther from his right, and in one move, he side stepped last second from Weiss's next attack, she flew to the side of him, allowing Zakai to knee her in the gut before she flew past, causing the glyphs to disappear and Weiss to be knocked unconscious. He didn't even stop for a second, because as soon as he kneed Weiss he began running toward Ruby, his swords at his side.
  "Ruby look out!" Blake steeped in front of her as Zakai swung. She went to block it with her sword, but as soon as the two blades made contact, Zakai's blade shattered.....

  Zakai's POV

  'Huh?' Was all he could think as the sword shattered in his hand, causing blue sparks and metal pieces to fly past his face.
  His eyes widened as he saw Blake coming in for an attack, he went to block it but the other sword shattered as soon as her sword made contact, and her momentum stayed the same. Her blade made contact with him and with quick slashes she attacked him, not letting up. Ruby joined in, spinning her scythe around and sending hm flying back.
  He got up slowly, preparing for more attacks, but he wasn't fast enough, or rather, Ruby was to fast. She was coming at him at high speeds, rose petals trailing behind her.
  'I can't dodge!' Her fist made contact with his face and sent him crashing out of bounds.
  "TEAM RWBY WINS!" Everyone began cheering as soon as it was announced. Zakai looked up at the screen. His Aura was still a quarter and a half till depleted.
  He went to get up and used the wall as support. Everyone was cheering for team RWBY as the stage vanished leaving a perfect view for them. He leaned against the wall slowly as a hot liquid dripped down his arms and face.
  His vision blurred, and the last thing he remembered, was being alone.