Chapter 60- Door to Darkness

1 Week after Arrival

"Kai," Mina walked up to him as he came back from hunting. Not animals, but Grimm. The village had a party of hunters that would go out and hunt the Grimm that decided to wonder around the villages outskirts. There were never any dangerous ones.
"Yes?" He replied.
"My momma said you want to become a Huntsman, is that true?" She looked sad. "I heard Huntsman go on dangerous missions that put their lives in danger."
"Well, yeah," he replied. "But to be honest, I'm not 100 percent sure if I want to be a huntsman anymore," he looked at the ground. "I think I'm fine just being a rover."
"What's that?" She asked.
"Basically someone who travels around just to see the world."
"Oh, well that's cool. As long as you don't go on any dangerous missions," she smiled.
"Haha. I won't." He smiled kindly.
  "Hey Kai," Jeremy called from behind him.
  "Yeah?"
  "Remember that guy from a week ago, well, scouts said they spotted him again."
  "What?" He narrowed his eyes defensively. Although that mean didn't seem threatening to Zakai, he still got a bad feeling about him. He didn't seem dangerous but rather....suspicious. He definitely wasn't here for good intentions.
  And how did he even know about Zakai? He had pointed out 'she's close to you?' Why did that matter? And why did he ask? It was obvious Zakai was his target in some way.
  "How close is he to the village?" Zakai asked.
  "Just on the outskirts of our border." Zakai had helped create a border that was more of self-sustaining fort that prevented any harm from coming to the village.
  "Mmm. Well, just keep an eye on him. If you or the scouts thinks he's plotting anything tell me."
  "Got it," Jeremy walked off to speak with the scouts. At the same time Marco came flying down, letter tied around his talon.
  He had been speaking to Silvia and keeping contact with her the past week like this. But he had made her something that he was to give her on Christmas, which was only a few days away, that would make their communication much more fast and easy.
  He looked at the letter and sighed heavily with a smile. He had asked her what she wanted for Christmas and she had written back one word.

You

  "What am I gonna do with this girl," he rolled his eyes as he put the letter in his back pocket.

3 Weeks after Arrival

  His scroll buzzed, waking him up. "Mmmm. Why is she texting me at...." he blinked slowly as he noticed that it was 4PM. "Oh...."
  He looked at his scroll to see 14 texts from Silvia. Most reading; "Are you still asleep?" And "Wake up" several times over. He wrote back apologizing and asking how she was. He hit send and got dressed, put the scroll in his pocket, and headed out.
  He walked through the door to find himself in a strange area he'd never send before. He turned around to find the house was gonna and instead there was a cave.
  "What the hell," he clicked his tongue as he looked around. He had enough of this teleport to a new area mojo-jojo shit. He just wanted peace!
  "You!" A voice spoke from the cave, making him jump. In reaction, he also pulled out one of his swords and got it at the ready.
  "Reaper..." the voice called out to him. He blinked and found himself back in the middle of the village, sword in his hand.
  "Kai?" Jeremy asked worriedly. "You okay?"
  "Y-yeah," he replied as he sheathed the sword and put it back in his pouch. "Just thought I heard something is all..."
  "Oh, okay. Well we're about to go scouting, if you want to come."
  "Totally." He answered as he walked next to Jeremy.
  He didn't want to talk about it, but he had been seeing things recently....Shadows moving in the trees. No one else has noticed though or feels in danger. Even Zakai himself doesn't feel in danger. But he was uneasy for sure.
  He'd even been having weird dreams lately, making him wonder if anything was real, or not? The area he was in a second ago, it was unfamiliar yet at the same time he's seen it before. But it wasn't him who had seen it. Leo perhaps?
  "Let's get going, Kai." Jeremy called to him as they were making there way Into the forest.
  "Ah, coming!" He ran after them.

  "We must bring him here." The being stated to the others as they hovered over the fire. "He has much to know about the power he possesses."
  "But we can't bring him here," another being spoke. "We've tried many times, but his ties to the mortal world are to strong and they keep pulling him back."
  "Should we cut his ties?" One more being suggested.
  "No!" The first being that had spoke hissed. "That will make us his enemies, and trust me when I say you do not want to be on his bad side. Instead, we need to peak his curiosity and make him wish to come here."
  "But how?" The second being asked. "He doesn't trust anyone besides the people in the village, the Ruby girl and her friends, and this Silvia character that he for some reason has an interest in."
  "She looks like Yue, but not his Yue. Leo's Yue," the first being answered. "She has the same personality and looks. I wouldn't be surprised if Silvia was this Yue girl Leo had fallen in love with."
"You're saying she was reincarnated?"
"I wouldn't be surprised. The God of Darkness loved playing games with Leo. Imagine the pain he would feel seeing a girl that looked like his lover and acted just like her." No one said anything.
"So how do we get him to come here willingly?"
"Simple," the first being smiled. "We make him walk through the door."