Chapter 28- Close your eyes

He'd been running for hours. No break. He knew that the sooner he got to the town, the better. Although the sun was know fading. Even he knew it was foolish to keep running in the dark. And even if he kept going, it would still take him a day or two to reach the village. So he made shelter in a abandoned and destroyed village. It looked like it had been burnt to ash.
Marco was resting on Zakais shoulder as he was starring at the fire he made.
"I wonder what happened here." He mumbled as he looked around. Marco just looked at him and tilted his head. "I know it was burned down," Zakai frowned. Although Marco couldn't speak, seeing as how he was a bird, he could still understand the looks and movements Marco made.
"But still. This entire place was destroyed. I wonder if it was bandits." He looked around at the village that was burned to ash. Nearby was a rock formation that looked out of place, catching Zaikai's attention.
He made his way over there, making sure as to not step on any debris that was left.
As he got closer he noticed that there was a hole in the rock. "A cave?" He said. He made his way inside. He didn't feel anything dangerous in it, so he felt no need to be on guard.
The farther in he got, the darker it got. Marco had stayed outside, seeing as there was barely any space for Zakai himself, who was squeezing just to get farther in.
"This was a dumb idea." He muttered as he pulled himself further in. "I might get stuck in here. Darn it, I'm such an idiot! Why would I-" he went to pull himself in once more, only to grab nothing and land flat on his face in an opening.
"Ow!" He said as he sat up. He looked around and immediately his eyes opened wide.
Above him were glowing crystals that illuminated the cave. They would flicker on and off, like a dying flash light. "This is beautiful...." he whispered to himself as he looked around in awe. He reached up and grabbed one of the crystals. They were defiantly some sort of gem. He grabbed several more and put them in his pockets.
"Welp, I've seen enough and got what I wanted. Time to leave." He made his way out the cave and back into the open.
He stretched, popping his back, and sighed. "Well...time to sleep I guess." He had a long road ahead of him.

"What do you mean, 'No'!" A man yelled out. "I told you to give us the supplies we ask, and you'll be fine. And you still won't give it to us?!"
"S-sir. We're running low on supplies. If we give you what we have left then we'll die." Jeremy stated.
  "Yes. And if you don't you'll die by our hands. So give us everything!"
  Zakai had been watching from the bushes for some time now. Yes, it was bad to just watch, but he had to wait. And he knew it. He couldn't just charge in. He didn't know how many people there where, or where they were keeping Mina.
"You have an hour to gather everything. And when we get back, if you haven't, we'll kill all of you, including the little girl!"
Zakai's grip tightened on his handle. "I'll kill you," he whispered darkly to himself. "I'm gonna kill all of you."
As the man walked away, Zakai followed him through the trees to where they were camping out. They were inside a nearby cave.
The man walked in and vanished. Zakai walked out the forest and to the entrance of the cave. He couldn't see a thing, meaning they took shelter deep in it.
"Smart bastards," he sneered. "But still." He unsheathed his weapon and headed in. "It's not gonna stop me."

"Please. Don't hurt me anymore!"
"Shut up!" One of the men slapped Mina. "If you keep talking, I'll kill you myself!"
She wept loudly. "Shut up!" She kept weeping. "I'll give you to the count of three. One...two...th-?"
Blood splattered everywhere.
"AGHHHH!!!!" The man screamed as he grabbed his wrist where his hand use to be.
"What the hell is going on! Bart, are you okay?"
"M-My hand!! It's missing!!"
"Who the hell! Show yourself!"
"I'm right behind you." Zakai said coldly. He was behind Bart, the man he had just cut the hand off of. He put the blade to his throat and looked at Mina. "Close your eyes and don't open them until I say. NOW!" Mina flinched but closed her eyes as told. In one swift movement he cut the mans throat. "You made a mistake raiding this village," Zakai began as he walked forward to the next man.
"What are you all waiting for?! It's 3 of us and one of him. Get him!" Everyone charged at him. Zakai smirked. His hair covering his eyes. He vanished and appeared behind the man who gave the orders.
"Kill the queen, and the ants will surly die slowly on their own."
"Wha-" blood spluttered from his throat and he collapsed to the ground. Everyone else began to panic.
"W-Who are you?!" One of the men asked in fear. Zakai didn't answer him. Just slowly walked towards him with his hair covering his eyes and a sinister smirk on his face.
"H-Help! Please, somebody help us!" He called out. But no one came.

After Zakai had finished, he turned to Mina. "You can open them now," he said. She slowly opened them. "Are you okay?" He asked worriedly. She just sniffled and began to cry as she ran into his arms.
"Kaiiiiiii!!! Waahhhhh!!!" He held her tight.
"I'm sorry you had to go through that." He whispered as he held her head close to his chest. She just kept crying.

"Thank you so much Kai." Jeremy cried out as Mina ran into his arms. Tears were falling down his cheeks. "Thank you so much!!" He held her tight.
"We all owe you a great debt," Julia, Jeremy's wife, said.
Zakai waved his wrist in dismissal. "It's fine, really. This entire village is like family to me. How could I not help?" He smiled softly.
"You're too kind," Julia whispered. Zakai just smiled.
"Are you gonna leave again?" Mina asked.
"Yeah," he sighed. Causing her to pout. "But not today. I think I can help y'all rebuild what was destroyed and get back what was taken. It'll probably take a few days." He sighed. "Man, what would y'all do without me?" He grinned and winked.
Everyone smiled.
"Well, lets get to it!" Jeremy reared in excitement, causing cheers to come from everyone from the village.