Chapter 72- The dance of death

Darkness surrounded him. Cold and empty. He was alone, once again. He could feel himself, but he couldn't see.
  He was lost. He was...dead? But how? That can't be, he drank the potion, he was sure of it. There's no way he could d-
  A vision of Silvia drinking the small amount of potion went through his mind. He hadn't drank the whole bottle. Does that mean...he really is-
  "Dead?" A voice echoed around him. "No." It seemed to answer the question he was thinking. "Well, actually, yes, but not forever." A bright light flashed before him and he saw him, Leo.
  He looked like he had when he was younger, and his eyes were full of kindness-as if the horrid things he had went through never happened. He looked at peace.
  "Then....what happened?"
  "You died, yes. But not forever."
  "I'm confused," Zakai stated. "I....am dead but not forever?"
  "You drank the curse, so you are immortal. It doesn't matter how much of it you drink, once you do, you gain the curse. However," Leo walked in a circle around him as he spoke. "Because you didn't drink all of it, you 'die'" he did air quotes around the word.
  "I'm not following."
  "Immortality is...defined differently, depending on the curse. Take Ozpin and Salem for example. Both immortal, yet in different ways. Salem can't die, no matter what. Ozpin can die, but his soul reincarnates into a new host. Your curse, it was like Salem's, but only if you had it all. Since you didn't get all of it, you are subject to death-but only temporary."
  "So...I die, but I come back?"
  "Yes. Since you drank the majority of it, you will also revive faster. Probably in around....I'd say 5-10 minutes you'll resurrect good as new. But for the girl who took the rest, if she dies she'd be dead for about 6-8 hours."
  "Huh...." Zakai blinked slowly. That was...a weird way for the immortality to work, but there was no changing that now.
  "And speaking of resurrection, you'll be waking up.....now."

  GASP!!!
  Zakai shot up from death, gasping for air. His sudden gasp caused everyone to jump, and their attention turned towards him. They were all looks of shock, except Salem, who now had fear in her eyes.
  "Is that what death is like? Damn, that's was scary." He stood up and dusted himself as if nothing happened. "Is that what happens to you Oz? Or do you like, instantly wake up in a new host?"
  "Er....." Oscar looked confused. Who wouldn't though? He just came back to life. As for Salem, like he noticed, she looked scared.
  "Well, whatever." He sighed as he scratched the back of his head. "Salem," he looked over at her, his eyes glowing blue. They were cold and serious. "You killed me, so now it's my turn to kill you."
  "You fool, have you learned nothing! I can't die!"
  "Neither can I, but I'll tell you what did happened when I was dying." A dark, sinister smile came to his face. "I felt pain. I felt you grab my heart and crush it. I felt everything, like my body was on fire." He grabbed Kensetsu, the name of Leo's sword, and twirled it in his hand as fire made up the rest of the blade. "So I know you, too, feel pain." He slowly started walking toward her. She took a step back in turn. "And since you come back to life." He laughed manicly. He was loosing himself to the darkness. "I can have fun, hurting you over and over again." He ran at her  and slashed several times at her. She dodged, but that was okay. He didn't care.
  "Look, we're dancing." He laughed. "The dance of death!"
  "Silence boy! You don't scare me!"
  "Ohhh, that was a lie." He chuckled as he slashed, her hand was cut off. He used that moment to grab her other hand, yanking her towards him so his mouth was by her ear. "Can you tell me, you're body regenerates, so what happens if your head is cut off? Will you grow a new head, or a new body? If you grow a new head, will you still be you, the same Salem? And what if I prevent your head from being able to regenerate a body? Would you be just a head? I can't wait to find out."
  A shiver ran down Salem's spine, and fear overtook her as she screamed, using all her power to send an explosion, making him fly back. He hit the wall and the air was knocked from his lungs.
  "Ow, that hurt." He gasped as he looked over at her. Fear was in her eyes, and it made him smile.
  "Zakai!" He was hit on the head by a cane.
  "Ow!" He rubbed his head. Oscar, no, Ozpin, was frowning at him.
  "That's enough from you. You can't let the darkness take over."
  "Tsk." Although annoyed, he knew he was right. He simply just wanted Salem to feel the fear and pain she's made others feel. He couldn't help it. "Sorry." He muttered.
  "It's fine. But now, I need you all to get out of here." He pressed a button on his cane and he saw it starting to power up.
  "On it." He didn't have to be told twice. He felt the power coming from that thing, it was-literally-going to explode. He grabbed Onto everyone. "Get ready for this, it may make you dizzy."
  "Wait, di-" but before Jaune could finish, he teleported them to a safe location.