Chapter 21- First kiss

(Hey guys. I'm back. I've noticed that I'm not getting a lot of reads on most of my new chapters, which tbh idc, but for all of you who have stuck with my story all the way through, chapter by chapter, I want to thank you. So, Thank you so much! And now a scene we've all been waiting for!!)

"L-L-Like me?! F-Feel the same?!" Ruby's face became flustered and red as she stuttered for words. "Wh-whats that mean?!"
Zakai shrugged. "I don't know," he grinned as he took the cookies out of the oven. "Why do we cook bacon but bake cookies?" He asked out of no where as he put them on the counter to cool down.
"What?" Ruby asked with a slight chuckle.
"Hu-" his vision went black.

Zakai opened his eyes to find himself in a small house full of furnaces. There was a woman shaping dough, and a man baking bread.
"Oh, my little Kai," the woman smiled. "Finally awake?"
He simply nodded a reply.
"Good, cause I have a question for you," she continued speaking as she pulled some cookies out of the oven and rested them on the counter. "Why do we cook bacon but bake cookies?"
"Huh?"

"Zakai?" Ruby shook him softly.
"Huh? Oh, sorry. I..just had a flash back..." he said softly as a tear fell down his cheek.
"What of?" She asked. "If you don't mind me asking."
"My parents..." he replied. "My mother use to ask me the same question I just asked you."
"The cookie and bacon thing?" He nodded. "Hmmm, well, what's the answer?"
"There isn't one." He replied. "It's a...rhetorical question."
"Well it's funny, I'll give your mom that," Ruby chuckled. He simply smiled at her as she laughed. "W-what?" She asked as her face turned red.
"Oh, nothing," he shrugged with a smile. "You're just.... to much sometimes," he laughed.
"Oh really? And is it good or bad?" She asked.
"I don't know, I like to say it's a good thing."
"Oh really?" She raised an eyebrow and stepped closer. "Tell me what exactly it is that makes me to much." As she got closer his face became red.
"Uh-well...," he looked around as if searching for an answer. "Well, you're annoying, obnoxious, loud, clumsy-"
"Oh okay," She interrupted as she frowned and went to step away. He grabbed her hand quickly.
"Let me finish," he frowned. "Yes, you're all of those. But I don't hate any of it," he smiled. "You're annoying, but it makes me smile and laugh. You're loud, but it lets me hear the truth in everything you say. You're obnoxious, but it keeps me aware that you're always near me. You're clumsy, but it makes me happy to know that I'm the one there to always catch you." Ruby was blushing deeply. "And then there's the good parts of you," he continued.
"No please," she said weakly, her whole face red. "I can't take any more sweet talk."
"Your smile, I swear it's not like anyone's, it makes me smile, makes me happy. Your voice, it's like honey to my ears and I could listen to it on repeat everyday all day. Your laughter, it's my medicine when I'm sick. Your presence, it what gives me the will to fight, and to protect. To keep on going."
"Zakai....," she said weakly. He leaned down a little and rested his forehead on hers.
"There's not a single flaw about you that I don't like. There's always something about you that makes m-" she interrupted him as her lips made contact with his.
"Stop talking, Zakai," she whispered.
"Understood," he whispered back as he kissed her again. She wrapped her arms around his neck and he held her waist.
"You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that," she whispered softly as she broke the kiss.
"I...actually don't," he laughed softly. "But I've wanted to do it since I, this Zakai, has met you."
"Really, that must mean the other Zakai liked me too." She smiled triumphantly, like she made a great accomplishment.
"Haha. Yeah," he smiled brightly. "So even if I do vanish, you'll still have the other Zakai, who likes you, but hides it."
"You won't vanish," she said softly.
"How do you know?"
"Because, it's not a personality change, it's a memory. You'll get your memories back, and you'll remember everything. But it won't change who you are."
"But...we're two different people."
"No, you're not," she replied. "You are the same person. You're just as much as him as you are you." He raised an eyebrow.
  "That...makes no sense," he laughed. "But okay. I believe you." He looked at the ground.
  "You're lying," she said.
  "Huh?" He looked confused.
  "Do you know that when you lie you look down?" She asked.
  "I uh.....,"
  "Just trust me on this, okay?" She asked as she hugged him. "I know that in the end, everything will turn out okay." He sighed and hugged her back.
  "Okay." He held her for a while. Just feeling her warmth.
  "Aww, how touching," an unfamiliar voice spoke. They both looked where the source of the voice came from to see a girl with blonde hair standing at the entrance of the kitchen. "Oh, sorry. Am I interrupting something?"
  "Y-Y-Y-Y-Yang?" Ruby stuttered.