Chapter 3- That's a stick

As Zakai sprinted through the woods, he made sure to keep his eyes low, he wasn't trying to get stuck with a partner, though he also knows that without one, you forefit the exam and get kicked out of beacon.
  A gang of Beowolves jumped out in front of him, without slowing down, he unsheathed his sword and sliced one striaght in the middle, cutting it in half. Another one attempted to attack him from behind, but Zakai could feel it's precense. He did a backflip over the Beowolf, cutting the arm it attempted to slice him with off, and upon landing on the ground behind it, he stabbed it in its stomach and slashed to the left, cutting it half open, killing the Grimm.
  He immediatly twisted in a 180 slicing the hand off a third Beowolf, he jumped forward and started cutting it in quick slashes, killing it slowly. He smirked and his pupils shrunk. He stood up straight, his arms at his side, all muscles relaxed. The last of the Beowolves seemed reluctant to attack him.
  He smiled and tossed his sword in a bomerang style, cutting it's head off. The sword stuck in a nearby tree behind it. "Coward, coward, coward!" He repeated, his face in his hands. His vision became blurred with the scene of fire. He stepped back several times, landing on his bottom. "No...no...." he covered his ears, hearing the screaming of his dying friends.
  "-p!.....et up! GET UP!" A voice knocked him out of his trance. In front of him was another Beowolf. He reached for his sword but realized he had thrown it seconds before. The smell of rose's consumed all his senses, and right before his eyes the Beowolf lost an arm, leg, then it's head.
  "Are you okay?" Ruby reached her hand to help him up. He looked at it. "Oh...right." She put her hand down. Zakai stood up and scratched the back of his head. "What happend to you there?" She asked, as she asked this, a white haired girl appeared behind Ruby.
  "There you are! You can't just go running off like that, Ruby!" The girl scolded.
  "Sorry, I just saw him in trouble." Ruby pouted.
  "Tsk, I didn't ask for your help." He said rudely.
  "Hey, even if you didn't, if not for Ruby you'd be-"
  "Nor did I ask for your opinion!" Zakai interupted the white haired girl.
  "Hey! I don't know who you thi- where are you going! I'm talking to you!" But Zakai wasn't listening to the annoying white haired girl. He was walking off, grabbing his sword along the way. It had a chip in it, making him frown. It was already breaking. He continued on his way to the ruins.
  Fifteen minutes after the incounter with Ruby and the annoying girl, Zakai found his way to the ruins, and he seemed to be the first one there too. He looked at the chess pieces in front of him.
'Ironic....that's all we are in life...just pawns to the destiny set down before us, wether we wish to be king, queen, or even a knight, you will always be a pawn in this game of life.' He looked at a white chess piece, it was the knight. He grabbed it.
"Any one that doesn't get a chess piece will be kicked out, as well as anyome without a partner." Ozpins voice echoed in his head. He frowned and went to put the chess piece down but stopped as he heard someone scream "Nevermore!" He turned around quickly, putting the chess piece in his pocket. He looked around and noticed several others had made it to the ruins, but he hadn't noticed at first since he was lost in thought.
"Ruby! How could you leave me?!" A voice from the sky scolded. Zakai looked up to see the annoying white haired girl holding on to the Nevermore's feet. She let go, or lost her grip, he couldn't tell, and fell to the ground.
Not even two seconds later a girl came running with a Deathstalker behind her. 'How'd I get caught in this mess....' he scratched the back of his head and sighed. He looked at his sword, it had dulled slightly and was chipped in several places but he just shrugged. 'You get what you pay for.' Around him was eight people, including himself, making nine. He saw Ruby and lightly jogged over to her.
"Oh..Hey, Zakai." She said, her voice sounded apathetic, like she wasn't expecting a reply. But if there's one thing Zakai hated, it was people assuming stuff.
"Hey, Ruby." He replied. She looked up at him, her eyes slightly wide in surprise. "So, what's the plan?" He asked.
"Oh, uh....charge!" She charged at the Deathstalker and started attacking it, but her attacks where usless against it's armor. The Nevermore shot several of it's spear like feathers, one hit Ruby's cape, pinning her down. The Deathstalker raised it's stinger, ready to pierce her.
"RUBY!" A blonde haired girl reached for Ruby, but it was useless. Zakai sighed. He put his left foot in front of him and his right foot in the back, gripping his sword tightly in his left hand he kicked off at a high speed. In seconds he was in front of Ruby and blocked the stinger with his sword, causing it to snap in two.
He stumbled back a bit and the Deathstalker went for a second peirce. He grabbed Rubys cape and yanked her free just as it's stinger stabbed into the ground where she was. She landed on top of him.
"You okay?" He asked, he had her in an embrace.
"I-I'm f-fine!" Her face was red.
"You're stuttering. Where you that scared?" He asked with a mocking tone, though he was being honest, he thought she was stuttering from fear.
"Wha- ye-yeah...I was scared." She muttered, gripping on to his jacket. He patted her head.
"It's okay now." He said softly. "You're safe." Zakai may be rude and seem cold hearted, but he actually deeply cares for people. Who wouldn't? A life is a life, no matter how annoying it is. And he doesn't want anyone to die, not if he can do something about it....
"Come on," he let her go and sat up. "They need our help."
"So you CAN say more than five words." She smiled. He tsked and looked away, but he wasn't annoyed, and she knew that. "Wait, your sword, it broke." She said, looking at the broken sword in his left hand.
"Yeah...Guess I'll have to improvise." He grabbed a stick.
"Zakai, that's a stick." She said, looking at him like he was stupid.
"I know," he scratched the back of his head and stood up. "Well, you coming?" He reached his hand down to her. She looked at it and smiled, gladly taking his hand as he pulled her up. Looks like his days of being alone are finally coming to an end.