Chapter 58-Goodbye

The fire cracked as they sit on the couch closest to it, holding their hands out for warmth. Neither of them were talking and they hadn't for a while either.
  After the incident with Zakai's shadow and the Grimm almost killing Silvia, they both were at a loss of what to say and do.
  "So...what was that thing," Silvia finally broke the silence after quite some time.
  "The thing that came out of my shadow?" He asked. She nodded a response. "Well...it was a Grimm, but it was my Grimm."
  "What does that even mean?" She asked confused.
  "Well, I'm what you would call a Necromancer, at least that's what I call it."
  "Okay, and what does this Necromancy allow you to do? Summon Grimm?"
  "Well, yes, but no. I'm allowed to take control of Grimm that willingly choose to help and side with me."
  "Oh? So there's more than one?" She tilted her head. "How many do you have...hiding in your shadow?" He scratched the back of his head for a moment, in thought.
  "Er...I'd say 300 or so." He wasn't one hundred percent sure. Ironwood had him doing a lot of...hunting and capturing when he was testing his power.
  "Three hun- what?!" She appalled. "That's a lot of Grimm."
  "Yeah," he smiled. "It is. But their cool, I promise."
  "Well, if you trust them then so do I." She rubbed her thumb on her hand. "After all...one of them saved me...you saved me." She leaned onto his shoulder. He said nor did anything. He just let her lie her head on his shoulder.
  She....reminded him of Yue. His heart hurt at the thought. Then he remembered Ruby, and he felt a little lighter.
  "Did you know that no number from 1-999 has the letter 'a' in its word form." He said out of the blue. Silvia chuckled a little bit.
  "You're stupid," she stated. "Why would anyone know that or need to know that?"
  "I don't know. Fun facts I guess." He chuckled.
  "Well did you know that there are 32 muscles in a cats ear."
  "Pfft. Who's the stupid one now," he laughed softly.
  "Well you were stupid first, so...." they both laughed softly.
  They both went silent after awhile and just sat there. That scene with the Grimm behind Silvia, it kept playing in Zakai's mind. He had saved her, he knows that, but...that fear, that feeling of loss. It scared him, and he was scared to lose her.
  He looked to his right to see that she had closed her eyes and fallen asleep while leaned on his shoulder.
  His vision changed and he saw Yue leaning on his shoulder before it went back to normal. His heart squeezed at the sight and thought. He looked back at the fire.
  The crackles of the fire were soothing to him, keeping it from being silent. He soon closed his eyes to think, and when he opened them he was in a canvas of white.
  "Hey," his voice called out to him. He turned around to see himself, but a younger him.
  "H-hey...." he said, looking at his younger self.
  "You won't believe it," his younger self smiled at him. "Mommy and daddy are here."
  "What?!" His eyes widened. Behind his younger self, two silhouettes appeared and walked towards them. They soon came into sight and he saw them. His mom and dad.
  "Oh my," his mom said as she approached him, putting her hand to his cheek. "You're so handsome."
  "Mom," a tear fell down his face as he grabbed her hand with his. "I-I missed you...so much." More tears began to fall.
  "Don't cry," his father said as he squeezed his shoulder. "You have to be tough, you know that." He pulled Zakai into a hug.
  He felt the warmth of his father, the smell of fresh baked bread still lingered on his clothes. "What are y'all doing here?" He asked. This place was a mindscape, at least that's what he got from it. It's where he meet the older Zakai that gave him power...but....that can't be right... he looked at the younger Zakai and his parents.
  "We've always been here," the said together.
  "We just got locked away."
  "Why? I wouldn't lock you away." He said sadly.
  "We know, it wasn't you. It was the other you..."
  "The other me...."
  "Yes. The Zakai that promised you power and whispered all those things in your ear, it was part of the curse you were placed under."
  "All of that was...fake.." he looked at his hands. "So when he was giving me power...."
  "He was increasing the affect of the curse. Speeding up your Grimmification." His father stated.
  "Tsk. I've been lied to and manipulated so many times." He squeezed his hand into a fist.
  "It's okay, Kai," his mother patted his head with an smile. "My you sure are tall too," she had to step on her tip toes to touch the top of his head. Zakai just laughed softly.
  "Now, we need you to do us a favor..." they smiled sadly at him.
  "W-what is it?" He asked worriedly.
  "After this, you won't see us anymore. We're going to be gone," his mother started.
  "And we want you to know that we love you, and we wanted to tell you something, something we've wanted to tell you since the day you turned 10."
"The birthday where you all-"
"Yes." His mother interrupted, knowing that bribing it up brought him pain.
"Well, what is it?"
"The secret recipe we were going to tell you," they looked at each other. "It wasn't a recipe. It was the secret of who you really are."
"Who I....really am?" He was confused.
"You aren't really our son," his father said. "We found you in the forest, alone and crying."
"What..."
"You were so young. A newborn still, covered in blood, though not your own. We took you in."
"We don't know who your real parents were, but from the moment we saw you, we knew you were special."
"When you were around 3 years old a Beowulf attacked the village," his mother started. "And you walked out in front of it and raised your hand up like it was a dog and you wanted to pet it."
"We told you to stop and to get away, but you didn't listen. But...you befriended it. We remember vividly you touching your hand to its nose and the Grimm changing. After that it dissolved into your shadow and we never saw it again."
I...befriended a Beowulf... he thought to himself. That was what came out his shadow and saved Silvia...but, was it the same Beowulf from back then?
He remembers seeing its eyes at it shot past him. It looked at him with recognition.
"So you-" he went to ask a question but noticed they were misting away like fog. "M-mom, dad?" He reached his hand out to them.
"We have to go now," his mom said with a sad frown.
"We love you, Kai," his father said one last time before they both vanished and he was left alone, once again.
He opened his eyes and noticed that the fire had burned out. He picked Silvia up and lied her on the couch. He smiled softly at her.
This was the last time he would see her for who knows how long. He decided to leave her a note.
It basically said that he was sorry he left without a word, but that he would finish off the last of the Grimm, and he knew exactly what he had to do to do that.
He left the note next to her and walked outside. As the door shut behind him he closed his eyes and opened them again. They were glowing a bright blue.
"Alright," he started. "You know what you need to do, right?" An Army of 50 Grimm came out from his shadow and stood in front of him. "Hunt them down, all of them!"