Chapter 8- I guess she's kinda cute.....

Its was a Monday morning, and as Zakai made his way to his class, he basked in the sun, it's warm heat on his skin. He hasn't slicked his hair back today and it fell just above his eyes. A soft breeze blew, bringing the sweet scent of fresh air and dirt, with a small hint of....Roses??
  "Hey, Zakai," Ruby's voice from behind made him jump. "You on your way to class also?"
  He nodded.
  "I can't wait to see what we learn today," she sounded excited. "Maybe we'll be able to fight and hunt some Grimm!"
  "You really like to hunt Grimm, huh?" Zakai said.
  "Totally!" She chirped.
  "Why? You a psycho and just like to kill things?"
  "Wha- N-No, I don't mean it like that," she stuttered for words.
  "I was kidding," Zakai waved off her flustering. "You just want to be a hero, right? Rid the world of as much Grimm."
  "Y-Yeah. Grimm killed my mother, and I don't want anyone else to die. So I'll fight to kill as many as possible and prevent them from killing anyone else!" She raised her fist in the air.
  "Tsk! You're a little to optimistic, it's annoying," Zakai said as he walked, hands in his pockets.
  "No, you're just a pessimist and only see the bad in things," Weiss's voice sounded from his right. "It's kinda annoying actually, more so than Ruby's optimism."
  "Hey," Ruby pouted.
  "Fair enough," Zakai said.
  They continued walking, Ruby and Weiss having a conversation, which was mostly Weiss correcting Ruby on several things. Blake and Yang has joined them not soon later, followed by team JNPR. At this point Zakai did his secret skill, cloak. He slipped to the back of the group and his presence vanished. It wasn't really a skill, more of just him slipping into the shadows and being ignored. It was a loner thing.

Class was just as boring as ever, it was about Fauness, which Zakai didn't care to hear about, though he doesn't hate them, in fact, he accepts them.
Class ended and Zakai was waiting for everyone to leave so he could be on his own, but his plan was foiled by none other than Ruby.
"What do you want," he asked Ruby.
"Umm....well, we wanted to know if you would hang out with us, we're going to town and where just going to walk around."
"Who is 'we'?" Zakai asked. "The others don't like me, it's just you. So let me guess, you just want me to go out if pity, cause you think I'm lonely."
  "What? N-No!" She waved her hands in surrender. "That's not it, it's-"
  "Leave him be, Ruby," Weiss interrupted. "He obviously doesn't want to come." Zakai narrowed his eyes.
  "I never said that, I just said don't lie to me," he said.
"You never said that," Ruby stated.
"No, but I called you out on your bluff, that's means the same things as 'don't lie to me'" Zakai said as he walked out the class. "Where are we going? Just walking around? Cause I need a new weapon anyway," he said as he stopped at the door way and looked behind him. "Would you like to help me?" He asked.
"YES!" Ruby squealed.
"I don't see why not," Weiss muttered.
"Then let's get going," he said as he continued walking.

"What's your style?" Blake asked Zakai. She was referring to his preference in weapons.
"I think you're a fist guy, you're a punch guy, right?" Yang questioned constantly.
"I think he likes swords, seeing as how he had one at the exam, and the stick, which can be a substitute for a sword," Blake added.
"He looks like a gun guy to me, like he doesn't like to get close," Weiss stayed.
"Do you like guns?!" Ruby asked as she jumped up and down.
"I can use anything," Zakai said. And he wasn't lying. He had survived most his life by taking the weapons of fallen Huntsman and Huntresses which ranged from swords, to guns, bowstaffs, and even to gauntlets and maces.
"So you're an all around kind of guy," Weiss said as she held her chin. "Interesting." Zakai shrugged.
"How about this?" Yang grabbed some black and white gauntlets. Zakai blinked slowly.
"He doesn't like them," Ruby said to Yang.
"How do you know?" She asked.
"J-just a hunch..." she stuttered.
"Well how about these?" Blake pointed at two swords. One was white and the other was black, they came in a duel pair. He narrowed his eyes slightly.
"I guess they're kinda cool," Ruby said. "But I don't think he likes the look of them."
"Again, how do you know?" Yang asked once again, her hand on her hip. Ruby just laughed nervously.
"Well what about this?" Weiss pointed at a black rifle that has streaks of red on it. Zakai raises his lips in a snarl.
"He hates it," Ruby said.
"Let me guess, a hunch?" Yang asked. Ruby smiled shyly.
"Well what about this," Ruby grabbed two smalls swords off the wall. The grip was long with short blades, but that's because they came together to make a double sided blade staff. Not only that, but the blades could fold in on them self and could be stored Behind his back.

He didn't say anything or make any expressions

"So that means you like it?" Ruby smiled.
"You're creepy," Zakai said as he took the two pieces of the staff and put them behind his back in an X shape, similar to where Ruby held her scythe. "How you can tell what I'm thinking."
"Yeah? I just pay attention a lot and notice your different reactions and associate them with a certain thought or emotion," she said.
"So you stare at me all the time," he narrowed his eyes.
"Hey, she can't help it. You're a good looking guy, Zakai," Yang winked. Once again, Zakai blinked slowly. "Isn't there someone you'd like to stare at all day? That you think is cute? Like Ruby, would you stare at her all the time if you could?"
"W-wait. What?" Ruby became flustered.
Zakai looked at Ruby. "Being cute and being attractive are two different things. I can say proudly that all of you are cute," Zakai continued as he went and paid for his new weapon. "But I don't find any of you attractive."
  "Wait, what?" Yang was confused, and by their faces, everyone else was too.
  "I wouldn't date any of you," Zakai said calmly as he walked out the store, hands in his pockets.
  "I don't need you to find me attractive, I already know I am," Weiss said proudly as she flipped her hair with one hand. Zakai tsked as she continued. "Besides, a mere poor boy like you could never understand true beauty. All you know is ugly things, and those are the things you find att-"
  "Shut the hell up," Zakai said coldly, his pupils small and eyes wide. He blinked and took a step back. "Sorry....that was uncalled for," he muttered as he looked at the ground.
  "What was that about?" Yang asked, slightly surprised at the sudden wave of darkness he had emitted.
  Zakai stayed silent, continuing to stare at the ground. He hadn't meant to snap like that, but he didn't like the way Weiss acted. It was unnecessary.
  "Are you okay?" Blake asked. Zakai shook his head.
  "No....," he muttered as he walked away.
  "Zakai," Ruby went to follow him.
  "Leave me alone," he said softly. "Please, just leave me alone."
  "Why? So you can drown in self pity? I don't think so," Weiss frowned. "I apologize for going a little over bored with what I said."
  "I don't care about that,"
It's the fact that I snapped. It's to dangerous to be around me.
  "Look, we don't care about that," Yang waved off his nervousness. "We all snap every once in a while, it's a normal thing."
Zakai said nothing. He just continued to stare at his feet.
"We all have something to hide," Blake said quietly, but loud enough for everyone to hear. "It doesn't make you bad or evil. It makes you human. We don't expect you to explain yourself or the reason you do things the way you do or react the way you do, that's who you are, and we won't judge you for that."
"Don't get motivational on me," Zakai said. "It's annoying."
"Well you seem to find everything annoying," Weiss stated.
"Not true, I don't find being alone annoying, I don't find silence annoying." He said.
"How can you experience anything annoying if you're by yourself?" Weiss asked.
"That's the point," he looked at Ruby. "You don't."
"That's rude," Ruby frowned. "Calling me annoying."
"Well it's true," Zakai shrugged.
"She's annoying, definitely," Weiss said.
"Yeah, my sister can be annoying, but she is cute," Yang said as she squeezed Ruby's cheeks.
"I mean...., I guess she's kinda cute," Zakai said.
"W-WHAT?!" She covered her face with her hands.