Chapter 51- Hello there

It was late and the sun had set already. Zakai, Ruby, Nora and Ren were walking on their way to Robyn's victory party.
A truck drove past them, honking its horn, with people standing in the bed holding signs, which say "HILL IS HERE" and "HILL 4 COUNCIL".
"I understand Weiss' point though. A victory party does seem a bit premature." Ren stated.
"Yeah, it's also lame." Zakai added as they continued walking.
"Aw, let them have one sure thing," Nora chimed.
"Probably the last sure thing before Amity Tower goes up and everyone learns about... what we're fighting." Ruby's voice slowly quieted near the end of her statement.
"But what we're fighting doesn't know what it's fighting." Zakai added, trying to lighten the mood.
They walked past a group of people watching the live election results on a TV screen. Jacques had 33% of the vote, and Robyn had 67%.
"We spent so much time worrying about how Ironwood would react to the truth about her, but have any of us considered how we're even going to beat her if we manage to work past that?" Ren asked.
"Jinn said she can't be beaten." Nora stated.
They walk by two people who were sitting beside a heating element, trying to warm up.
"She told Oz that he couldn't destroy her," Ruby added.
Nora looked at Ruby. "But maybe someone else could?"
Silence befell the group, but everyone was looking at Zakai. "What?" He put his hands up to his chest and closed his eyes and stuck his tongue half out. He looked like a cat.
They all blinked slowly and looked forward again before continuing the conversation. "I don't know." Ruby continued.
"We should be training right now." Ren stated.
"We've trained enough! Take some time to--"
"We don't have time!" Ren interrupted Nora before she could finish.
Ruby slowed down and watched as Ren and Nora angrily walked on ahead.
"Hey," Zakai nudged her softly. But he caught her off guard and she lost balance. He caught her before things got to serious. His reaction speed was fast, along with his awareness being heightened. He didn't realize it however.
"Ah-T-Thank you," she looked him in the eyes as she held onto his arm. "D-Did you want to say something?"
"I can tell your down about what just happened."
"What do you mean?"
"The stuff between Nora and Ren." Zakai blinked slowly. "Don't pretend you don't know, what's the point in that? You're only hurting yourself." He sneered softly at her.
She looked him in his eyes, a smile coming across her face. The smile soon grew to a grin before she burst out in laughter.
"Hahahaha. That's the Zakai I remember." She wiped a tear away from laughter. "The one that was pessimistic and only cared about himself while at the same time not caring about himself."
"Ack! You're making me sound bad," he scratched the back of his head.
"No, it was cute." She grabbed his hand. They both stopped walking."I knew that wasn't who you really were, and deep down you knew it also."
"....Well, I'm still pessimistic, but I don't only care about myself anymore, I care about you." He put his head to her forehead. "And everyone else too." He smiled brightly. She blushed deeply and buried her face into his chest.
"Yeah. I know." She said softly. They held hands as they walked on.

A large crowd of people gathered inside a small auditorium for Robyn's victory party.
  "Tsk. I hate crowded places," he growled as someone bumped into him. He shoved them away and sneered at them. They backed up, apologized, and ran off.
  Zakai sighed and looked around the building. Wires were taped up along the walls, and there were Robyn Hill campaign posters decorating the walls. Above the stage was a giant hologram screen showing the live election results. Jacques had 36% of the vote, while Robyn had 64%.
  A pair of camera drones floated around the room, one of which has a "Kick Me" sign taped to the back of it and the other which had a gift ribbon stuck to it.  Ruby, Nora, Zakai, and Ren enter the building and the vote percentage shifted to 37% for Jacques and 63% for Robyn. Penny made her way through the crowd and saw her friends.
  "Ruby, Nora, Ren, Zakai!" Penny yelled as she ran towards them. But before she reached them, Zakai jumped up in the air and spin kicked the drone that had the "Kick Me" sign on it. It smoked and spun out of control before crashing into the wall. Several people began cheering.
  Penny and the others were looking at him. "What?" He asked with a shrug. "It said kick me."
  "Right, well, hey Penny?" Ruby smiled
  "I am so glad you made it. It's just Marrow and I tonight, so more friends means more fun. Where are the others?" She asked.
  Nora and Ren were still in a bad mood. "Weiss is out with the boys, and Blake and Yang are off doing their own thing... again." She grumbled.
  "At least they're back to being friends." Ren remarked.
  "Friends, huh? Just friends?"
  Ruby takes on a somewhat fed up expression and sinks down to the floor, while Ren turns to Nora. Zakai sighed and smiled softly at her.
  "What else would they be?" Ren spoke slowly in confusion
  "Two people who've gone through that much? I think there's more going on." She said.
  "Well maybe one of them feels that way but the other might be worried."
  "About what!?"
  Ruby stood back up next to Penny, still fed up with the conversation. Zakai looked at her, his eyes dull. He was upset for her.
  "It's just, there's a lot of things going on right now." Ren stated.
  "Well, how can they figure things out if they don't talk about it?" She remarked.
Penny leaned in towards Ruby and Zakai. "I believe I may be confused. Who are we talking about again?"
  "I'm not really sure," Ruby answered.
  Nora and Ren continued talking while Penny gets communications from Marrow through her earpiece.
  She starts to leave but Ruby clinged to her arm in a panic. "Please don't leave me!"
Ruby and Penny go backstage together to meet up with Marrow., leaving Zakai with the bickering couple.
  "Hey," he interrupted the two. "How about this." He put his hands on top of both their head. "They aren't together, but they are definitely more than friends." He looked Nora in the eyes. "But one of them is scared." He then looked Ren in the eyes. "And the other is a bit to Gung Ho about it, but there isn't anything bad about either of those, right?" He smiled softly at them both. They both sighed and mumbled to themselves. "Glad we got that settled."
  At that, Fiona taped on the microphone, causing loud feedback, much to the crowd's displeasure.
  "Ha-ha, well, that worked." The live election results now show that Robyn's vote percentage is 57%. Joanna walks away, and Marrow groans in annoyance as she walks away towards Penny and Ruby. The crowd began chanting "Robyn".
  "Scram kid, we've got a job to do." He gestured to them.
  Marrow left the backstage area and Ruby hops out and blows a raspberry at him, which Penny giggles at. Ruby and Penny wave to each other, as Ruby walks away into the crowd. Ruby's smile grows larger when she looks over and notices Ren and Nora were no longer fighting, with Zakai standing between them as they all talked.
  The live election results now say that Jacques had 41% of the vote, while Robyn had 59%.
Ruby turns back around and heads to the front of the crowd. Fiona has begun giving a speech, and the live election results show Jacques now had 43% of the votes.
  "I want to thank everyone for going to the polls today. This is Mantle's moment. I know that, like me, you're all thrilled that we chose Robyn as our voice in Atlas. No one has fought harder for Mantle than she has. And..." She covers her mouth, trying not to cry, and then wipes a tear from her eye with her palm. Zakai sneered at that.
  "I know Robyn will continue that fight on the Council. Will you share a few words?" She turns to look at Robyn, who is off stage, and the crowd begins chanting Robyn's name again. She walked onto the stage, causing the crowd to cheer. She takes the microphone, and Fiona excitedly talks to her for a few moments, before walking off stage.
  "I've never been much for public speaking, probably wasn't my best idea ever to go into politics." The live election results show Jacques has 45% of the votes and Robyn has 55%.
  "Thank you so much, everyone, for choosing me. You said you believe in me. But I'm the one who believes in all of you. You've proven to me that as individuals, we are strong. But together, we're unstoppable."
Nora looks at Ren. The live results shift to Jacques with 46% and Robyn with 54%.
  "So no matter what happens tonight, win or lose, we will continue to fight for our city, because it is this city that brings us together."
The crowd cheered and upbeat music began playing. Nora reaches out to touch Ren's arm, but he turns away from her. Zakai frowned at that and noticed Robyn walking off stage, smiling and waving to the crowd. She turns her head away from the crowd and looks nervously up at the screen.
  "We're in the final minutes now, and it's looking to be a closer race than anticipated." The news reporter stated. Robyn just stood with her Happy Huntresses. Zakai saw Robyn smile faintly but then look nervously at the screen again. The results change again, showing Jacques with 47% and Robyn with 53%. She looks away, frowning, noticing Zakai staring, a small smirk on his face.
  She frowned at him and he waved kindly, yet sarcastically. To the right of him he saw Nora grab Ren's shirt and pull him to her, planting a kiss on his lips. At first he was surprised, but then he closes his eyes and kissed back.
  Zakai backed away slowly, only to be stopped someone. He sneered and turned around to see Robyn.
  "Oh, hello there."
  "General," she replied.
  "Actually, it's Commander," he corrected as he flicked his badge that was pinned to his shirt.
IronWood told him that if he wouldn't wear Atlas uniform, he would have to wear a golden pin that stated his rank.
"What's one of IronWoods commanders doing here?" She frowned, almost menacingly.
"Calm down, pipsqueak," he said.
"Pipsq-"
"I may work for IronWood, but I'm not his." His pupil shrunk as he looked her in the eyes. She shivered before sighing. That's when she noticed his right arm.
"..."
He noticed her staring and reached the arm out towards her for her to see.
"Cool, right?" He said. "I don't know why it happened, but it's pretty cool, yeah?"
"I mean....I guess. What does IronWood think about this?"
"Haha. Nice try. Your not getting any kind of information about him from me." He lowered his arm. The crowd began counting down.
"Ten, nine, eight...Seven, six, five, four, three--"
"Watch out!" Ruby's voice echoed through the crowd. At that, the power for the building cuts out. The crowd murmurs in confusion.
In the dark there was a faint sound of blood spatter, followed by a woman screaming. In a panic, someone elbows Ruby, knocking her down and causing her to hit her head against the side of the stage. Tyrian begins swiftly moving through the crowd, kicking people's legs from under them and slashing them with his blades. He stabs one person in the torso and continues his rampage, running and spinning through the air.
"We have to leave!" Robyn goes to grab Zakai, but he was gone.
He was making his way through the crowd. He didn't know how, but he could see in the dark just as well as he could in the light. It may have had to do with his Grimm like transformation. Either way, he was making his way towards Tyrian.
That's when Penny drew her Floating Array and pointed the blades at Tyrian. "Put down your weapon and surrender!" She demanded.
Tyrian looked at her and vanished in the crowd.
"Huntresses, to me!" Robyns voice echoed in the building.
Fiona looked back at Robyn, unaware that Tyrian had ascended the stairs and was running toward her on the stage.
"Come on, we've gotta get you outta here!" Fiona stated. She turns and looks just in time to see Tyrian charging toward her. His right arm begins glowing purple with Aura, and his eyes glow purple, as well. He drags his fingers across her stomach and side, causing her Aura to dissipate from that area, as if he ripped it open. Immediately afterward, he swings his left arm, cutting Fiona with his weapon. Fiona cries out in pain and drops to her knees, while Tyrian leaps over her and Robyn. Hearing Fiona's scream, Penny turns to the stage.
"Robyn!" Penny activates her jets and flies toward the stage. Tyrian rises up behind Robyn, giggling to himself, but Zakai grabbed him by his throat.
"I hope it stays dark a little longer." He whispered "after all, things are scarier in the dark, don't you agree?" Penny ends up tackling Zakai and Tyrian leaps up into the air. Robyn gasps and turns over, aiming her weapon at Penny, who slowly levitates her swords around her and scans the area for Tyrian. 
The power comes back on, momentarily blinding Robyn. Once her eyes adjust, Robyn sees Penny standing in front of her with swords drawn and Zakai on the ground face down next to her. Penny looks around, upset and confused. Behind her, the giant screen displays a photograph of Jacques, with the word "VICTORY!" below it.
"And the winner of the Atlas Council election is... Jacques Schnee!" The news reporter on the screen stated.
Penny stares out at the bloodied civilians lying on the floor. The rest of the crowd is standing back from the massacre, crying and yelling hysterically. Ruby looks around at the scene in horror, while Marrow looks at the bodies in shock. One of the citizens, who is putting pressure on a fallen civilian's wound, points at Penny.
"It's Ironwood's robot!" A random civilian yells.
"Penny," Robyn started.
Penny turns to see Robyn staring at her with distrust. Penny folds her swords and puts them away.
"I... I didn't..." The screen begins displaying live footage of Jacques standing at a podium in front of the Schnee manor.
"Oho, thank you, everyone, thank you. It's all because of you. It's a new day in Atlas." Jacques said over the screen.
Ruby climbs onto the stage, runs over to Fiona and puts pressure on the wound, Robyn watching her as she does so.
"We've won, we did it!" He continued on screen.
Robyn glares at Penny and growls angrily. Ren and Nora run over and climb onto the stage.
"What happened?" Nora asked.
"It was Tyrian! Tyrian's here!" Ruby stated.
Ren draws his guns and deploys their blades, and Marrow climbs onto the stage. May, Joanna and the rest of the crowd charge toward the stage. Marrow points at them.
"Stay!" Narrow states. The crowd slows to a stop.
"Get Penny out the back, now!"
Nora encourages Penny to go backstage with her, and Ren follows them. Robyn aims her weapon at them the whole time, then folds the crossbow away once they are gone. She gets up, hurries over to Fiona, shoves Ruby away and begins applying pressure to the wound.
"I-I'm okay, I'm okay." She stated.
At this time, Zakai began getting up with a groan and a muffle.
"What happened..." he groaned as he rubbed the back of his head. He looked around at the massacre around him. "No...." his vision went static for a second before coming back. "No...." he grabbed his head as his vision went static once again. This time he saw flames, blood, bodies. It went normal again and he saw the bodies on the ground. "No! Nononono!" His eyes began to glow blue. His shadow started to move, almost like something was trying to break free from it.
Useless...I'm useless! They died because I couldn't do anything! It's my fault! Innocent people died again because of me!
"You are not useless, my Knight." Salem's voice echoed in his head once again. "Trust me. Help me, and you will see." He blinked several times as he slowly started to calm down, controlling his breathing. He looked once more at the bodies. His vision again went static, but this time he didn't look away.