Chapter 48-You think I'm scared of you?

"So....you just took control of the Grimm?" Parker asked as he walked up to them, getting closer to any Grimm than anyone before him without being attacked.
"Mmm, seems that way." Zakai replied. He still wasn't fully sure how he did it, nor did he understand why or how he could hear and speak to them.
"That's...kind of scary," Sophie mumbled as she looked at the Grimm. She still looked on edge, like they may attack her at any moment.
"I think it's fine," Riley added. "I mean, look at Parker. He literally is on top of an Ursa Major."
"This is so cool!" Parker laughed as he softly stroked the Grimm's flank.
It was hard, yet warm. Not cold like the Grimm before.
"So, does this mean that we completed our mission?" Sophie asked?
"I believe so," Zakai replied. "I mean, the Grimm aren't attacking anymore. So I say we return back to Atlas."
"How? Our truck is destroyed and it's about a days walk in the co-"
Sophie was interrupted as the Griffon that first spoke to Zakai walked up next to him. It bowed, lowering its wing, signaling for them to climb on board.
"Is it-"
"Asking us to get on? I think so," Riley answered Hanji before he even got the question out.
Zakai was the first to get on. He sat with no hesitation, petting the Grimms rough feathers. "Well," he started. "You getting on or not?"

*time skip back to Atlas*

"So...you're reporting that you already took care of all the Grimm?" The soldier guarding the door to IronWoods chambers repeated hesitatingly.
"Yeah. What? Don't believe it?" Zakai questioned, his eyes narrowed. "Think I couldn't handle it?"
"I'm not worried about you, but about...them." He looked towards the others. "They're new recruits. There's no way they helped you take all the Grimm down that fast unless...." the soldier looked at him, his eyes full of fear. "You took them all down yourself?"
A grin came across Zakais face. "I mean, I guess you could say I took them down, in a sense." The soldier backed up quickly before turning around and opening the door quickly.
"Go right ahead."
"Thanks," he said as he walked through the doors and up to IronWood.
"Zakai, you're already back, along with Everyone else." IronWood stated, surprised to see him back so soon. "You already eliminated the Grimm and took control of the border?"
"Haha, yeah...," his shadow shifted slightly. "Eliminated. But yes, we took control of the border again."
Riley and the others didn't say anything, knowing Zakai wanted to keep it quit from IronWood. And they trusted Zakai.
IronWood narrowed his eyes, but sighed soon after. "Well, that was definitely faster than I expected." He walked over to Zakai from his seat. "So," he began. "How does it feel?"
"How does what feel?" He asked.
"Being part of a team. I heard Ozpin kept you from having one at Beacon."
"Mmm. Indeed," his eyes narrowed and began to glow blue slightly. "What's it to you?"
"Calm down," IronWood raised his hands in surrender. "I was simply stating the truth. Anyway, will you answer the question?"
"...I feel nothing, to be honest. I feel the same as I did in Beacon."
"So you doubt care about them at all?"
"I never said that. I don't want them dying, especially on my watch. But I don't count on them to help me fight, they should be able to fend for themselves."
"Mmm. So you feel the same that all leaders do, all though kind of selfish- if you ask me."
"Yeah? Well I didn't ask you."
"Watch your tone with me, Private."
"Private?" Zakai laughed softly. "I'm not one of your soldiers." As he said this Ruby and everyone else walked in the door behind him.
"Not yet you aren't." IronWood grinned. "You will be one of my soldiers, weather you want to or not."
"What's going on here?" Qrow asked.
"Like hell I'll be one of your pathetic soldiers. You make me sick." He was completely ignored, along with everyone else.
"Don't worry. You'll build a tolerance, that's how it works."
"The only way you'll be able to make me one of you lackies is by forcing me."
"I guess you could say it's forcing. But it'll only be because you lose." IronWood grinned.
"Lose?" Zakai narrowed his eyes.
"Yes," IronWood pulled a gun out, pointing it at him. "You will lose." The click of the trigger being pulled made Zakai's ears twitch. He dodged as it flew past him, just passing Blake.
He reached into his pouch and immediately went for his dual wielding stance, his more powerful one.
The crystals expanded and became swords. He twirled them around, making them spark as they twirled past each other.
"You think I'm scared of you." Zakai laughed softly. His Grimm like arm pulsed blue instead of red. Blue like veins reached from his arm up to his face, reaching his check. His left eye began to glow blue and his right k9 teeth sharpened.
IronWood's grin quickly vanished and his eyes widened. He quickly pulled his second gun out and just blocked as Zakai vanished and appeared in front of him with a hard and powerful slash.
Zakai looked in his eyes as a powerful shock wave shattered the window behind him. "You really wanna do this here?" Zakai asked as he pressed harder, slowly lowering his blade closer to IronWoods face.
With one powerful push, IronWood shoved him back and began taking shots at Zakai.
Zakai deflected them to the best of his abilities. That was when he caught sight of IronWoods eyes.
What is he- his eyes widened as he realized what he was looking at. He dashed for Sophie, tossing his blade in his left arm to deflect the last bullet that was flying towards Yang. He reached Sophie just as the bullet reached her, deflecting it.
"What the he'll is wrong with yo-" he got hit in the back of his head and everything went black.