Chapter 45- Thank you, Your Highness

"The visions?" He repeated, slightly confused.
"Yes. You said they were like memories of someone else. Tell me everything you can remember."
"Okay....well...." he began to think and reminisce. "This man, named Leo, he and his sister visited this strange land. There was a pool of darkness. His sister fell in and she died. That's when Leo saw him. The God of Darkness, is that what you call him? He said that her death was his fault and Leo tried to kill him. It didn't work out. Then the God of Darkness decided to make a deal with Leo. If I remember correctly, I think it went 'You will give me your power, and in return, I shall give you mine.'"
The woman sat listening. She nodded as he spoke, letting him know she was actually paying attention.
"He woke up the next day in his home and his entire village was on fire. The purple dragon did it. He killed everyone he knew right in front of him. Leo went to hunt him down, using the powers that the God had given him. He couldn't find him for a while, but he killed anyone he thought was evil."
"The God drove him to madness." She interrupted.
"Huh?"
"He gave him power, but in return the God played games with him. He knew that the power he gave was his own, and he knew that this Leo character could never control it. So he used what he knew drove the power to send him into madness."
"...."
"Continue." She finished.
"Well....it gets a bit fuzzy here. But I know he met a girl and fell in love. He got her pregnant. That's when the God came to his new home. He once again burned it to ash, this time bringing monsters with him. He killed his wife and the child inside of her. It sent him over the edge for real this time, I guess."
"Love saved him, yet it was also his downfall...." she went silent.
(A play on her love for Oz that ended up with the reason she is the way she is now)
"I guess....but that's about all I remember. Oh wait!" He remembered something else. "The dragon told him that he was playing some game of cat and mouse where Leo was supposed to hunt him for all his days. And that's why the Dragon took everything away again. He broke the rules. He then made Leo immortal to make him suffer for all eternity."
"Immortal? There's another immortal person?" She seemed intrigued by this. "Is this all?"
"No....there was something. Something to do with that once Leo's time was over that the power would pass on and cause suffering for the new wielder."
"And that new wielder is you." The woman finished.
"Yeah....I'm pretty sure it is...."
"That's why your becoming Grimmified."
"What do you mean?" He asked. "Because of the power I have? Leo never became a Grimm."
"That is because he was immortal." She stated. "His immortality prevented him from getting any negative ailment from the power." She walked up to Zakai. "And you are not immortal. So you are being affected by this corrupt power."
"So....is there an actual way to fix it?" He asked, his words carried fear.
"I....do not know," she answered. "But I can slow it down for you."
"Really?!" He shot up real fast. "How? Can you do it now?"
She blinked slowly at him. "I don't believe I can do it right now. After all, I can't tou-" she reached out to him and her hand touched his chest. "Huh..."
"What?" He asked.
"I wasn't able to touch you before. Why can I touch you now? Are you....actually here?" She asked. Her eyes narrowed.
"Don't look at me like that. I didn't break in nor did I sneak past anyone. So don't get mad at them."
"Oh, I wouldn't be mad. I wouldn't mind if someone like you broke into my castle just to see me. After all, it sounds rather...romantic does it not?"
"...Umm...." She simply smiled and laughed.
"I'm just joking. But, if I were to guess. I can touch you now because you've become more Grimm, so your powers are more out of control. So whatever power that makes you come here is stronger, so now you have a physical form here."
"I see....I guess that makes sense."
"You think so? The power makes you appear here out of nowhere, and that makes sense? You're rather strange."
"Yeah, I get that a lot." He scratched the back of his head.
"Hmm. Well, anyway. I'll help you out. But don't forget our deal."
"Of course not," he smiled softly. "I'll let you see through my eyes." He had no idea what he was doing, let alone the trouble that would come from this strange woman.
"Good." She stepped closer and put her hand on his cheeks. "Now, begone." With that she pressed her lips to his.

"Zakai?" Ruby waved her hand in front of his face.
"Huh?" He looked at her.
"Are you okay? You spaced out for a second.
"Y-yeah...I'm fine..." he put a two fingers to his lips. "I...I'm just not feeling good..." he said, feeling rather sick to his stomach.
"I can have some guards escort you to a vacant room to get some rest," Ironwood offered.
"Yeah...I think that'd be a good idea...." he put a hand to his stomach.
Ironwood ordered a guard to escort him and the guard did as told while the others stayed behind to talk to Ironwood.
He'll just ask what happened later when they get back.
The guard opened the door for him and then left. Zakai closed the door and immediately he knew he had to throw up. He ran to the bathroom and began barfing in the toilet. Black ooze came out. He threw up more of it until his stomach felt better.
Even after he finished he lied against the wall.
"What the hell was that stuff...." he asked himself. He felt sick just knowing that had came out of him. That's when a voice spoke in his head.
'I told you I would help you.'
"What?! Who?! Where?!" He looked around to see no one.
He heard a sigh before the voice spoke again. 'It's me imbecile.'
"Oh. The lady from the castle."
'Stop talking out loud. Just speak in your head. I can hear you just fine that way. Also it will look weird talking to yourself. Wouldn't it?'
'I guess...' he thought. 'How are you talking to me in my head?'
'Simple. When you gave me access to your eyes it allowed me access to your mind as well. Don't worry though. I can't play with your memories or see any of them either. It just allows me to communicate with you.'
'Oh...cool. So what should I call you?' He asked.
'Just call me Queen.'
'Okay, Your Highness.'
'Oh? I like that as well.' He laughed softly at that.
'....thank you. For saving me.'
'I didn't save you. I merely put the transformation to a halt. However if you use your power you will slowly start turning into a Grimm until you stop.'
'So you're saying I can't use my semblance?'
'It is no semblance. It is a dark power. Your true semblance, whatever it may be, hasn't been unlocked yet. And you may not be able to because of that dark power.'
'Huh...so that's why I can't actually control my Aura.'
'Indeed.'
'Well still. Thank you. You're amazing, Your Highness.' That got a chuckle out of her.
'I'll be leaving now. You stay safe.'
'Will do.' He made his way to the bed and lied down. He soon passed out.