Chapter 49- What are you?!

"I know that you are all new recruits," IronWood began his speech as he stood at the pedestal addressing the hundreds of new recruits, Zakai being one of them. "But your training will be harsh and intense. Something dangerous is coming, I can feel it, and I want you all to be ready."
  Hypocrite.
  Coward.
  Liar.
  Deceiver.
  Fraud.
  "Be quiet," Zakai thought to himself, or rather, to the Grimm in his shadow. Of course, no one else could hear them, but he could.
  His eyes were no longer red, and he could feel that Salem was no longer watching him. It's almost as if he cleansed her away, and she can't even see them through the Grimm he controls.
  "...Any questions?" Zakai had spaced out for the last fifteen minutes or so, missing all IronWood had said. No one replied to his question, so they were dismissed.
  On his way out, he was tapped on the shoulder.
  "Zakai," it was Winter. "IronWood would like to have a word with you." She flicked her head over to wear IronWood was standing, waiting.
  Zakai sighed softly before walking over to him.
  "Hello, Private Snyder," IronWood smiled.
  "Tsk. Yes, General?" He asked.
  "Well, I know you have more...well, talent, than the others that are being trained. So I'd like to offer you a chance."
  "A chance to get out of here," he jumped at the thought.
  "No," IronWood began. "To become a Commander, not a Private."
  "....so I can skip through the ranks?"
  "Yep."
  "Okay....what do I have to do?"
  "Simple. You just need to beat Winter in a one on one duel. The battle will take place tonight in front of all the new cadets. Plus Ruby and her friends will be watching as well." IronWood smiled
  "Oh?" Zakai looked over at Winter. "That should be do-able then."
  "Don't underestimate her."
  "I'm not." Zakai looked IronWood in the eyes. "You underestimate me." At that, he walked off to his room, waiting for the one on one to start.

  Knocking on his door woke him from his sleep. "Gah! Who?! What?!" He looked around. The knock happens once again and he grumbled as he got out of bed and put his shirt and jacket back on.
  He wasn't wearing his military uniform. He never did, and IronWood made an exception to that.
  The door opened and he was greeted by 2 soldiers. "We're here to bring you to the stadium," one of them stated.
  "Alright then, take me there." He smirked.
  They led him to the stadium, where he stood in the middle. Winter was walking up to him, meaning the battle would start soon.
  "Now, before this beings. I want to state I want no dirty play. Just fair, heart to heart fighting." IronWood said over the speakers. The Hundreds of cadets in the stadium cheered.
  "I'm gonna wipe that dead look out of your eyes," Winter sneered.
  "Dead loo- that's kinda rude," Zakai frowned. "But your gonna need to focus on my eyes; It's the only way you'll be able to keep up."
  She steered at the remark. "Let the battle....begin!"
  Immediately her blade was drawn and thrust toward him. He jumped mid air and landed on the top of it, balancing with one finger.
  "Nice thrust, but predictable," he twirled and tornado kicked her, sending her flying back.
  "Tsk!" She thrust her blade into the ground and a summoning glyph appeared behind her.
  "Oh, pulling out the big moves already?" He laughed softly as he dusted off his color and then his pants. "Guess I have to get real too, huh?" One eye was half closed and the other fully open. He seemed to be smiling.
  Lightening surrounded his arm and down to his hand. His Grimm like arm pulsed blue, and blue veins once again spread up to his cheek from his right, Grimm like arm, like the battle with IronWood.
After a few seconds, the veins retreated, but his k9's stayed sharpened. He felt a rush of power, and he felt the movement of his shadow.
  Not yet He thought, waiting for the perfect moment. The guardian that Winter summoned was not complete, and it was large. Around 2-3 stories tall.
  It charged at him, along with Winter, who swung at him the second she was in reach , the guardian attack with her. He could o it block one of them, or so they thought.
  A large, black and blue figure appeared out of Zakai's shadow, catching the sword of the Guardian, while Zakai used the hilt of one of his swords to block Winter.
  The Grimm like figure hovering over Winter caused her to scream and back up, causing her to fall on her bottom.
  The fear in her eyes spoke thousands of words. "I know, right?" Zakai began, as her guardian vanished and the Grimm went back into his shadow. "Scary, right? But I think it's a rather neat trick."
  "W-what was that?" She asked. "What are you?!"
  "Huh? Oh, well, actually. I don't know what I am, but I thought of a name for this weird power." He smiled. "Just call me a Necromancer."