Chapter 42- This world...must burn

The smoke filled my nostrils, making it hard to breathe. I held a rag over my wife's face, not wanting her or my child to be hurt in anyway.
  "Why are you so afraid?" She asked me through the cloth as I quickly and fearfully made my way through the crowd of terrified people.
  "Because," I said. "He's here....and he's the one the destroyed my home."
  "Wait. He?" She asked. "You mean someone is the cause of this?"
  "No....not a someone....he's a monster...he's made of pure darkness. And he wants to kill me and everyone I know!"
  "W-why?" Her voice was now filled with fear.
  "Because...he gave me some power or something. And I wasn't using it to try and kill him. And now he wants me dead, along with you." I said.
  "W-What are you talking about? None of this makes any sense. He gave you power? What kind of power?"
  "The power to kill him. He wanted me to hunt him down like a game. He said that I would always fail. And I would only get more angry and spiteful towards the world. He wants me to kill. He wants me to be like how I was when I first met you." I looked her in the eyes. "But I don't like that me."
  "Leo...." she whispered fearfully.
  "I'm sorry," I said. "I didn't mean to drag you into this. I hate it just as much as you do. And I'm just as scared."
  She squeezed my hand tightly. "It's going to be okay." She smiled softly. I smiled back. And for a while a felt like she was right...but I couldn't have ben more wrong.
  Dark creature ran around in the town. Slashing and killing humans before my eyes.
  "What the hell are those things?" I grabbed my sword from my back as one came and charged at me.
  I attempted to stab into its flank, only for my blade to break in half.
  "W-What the hell!" My sword had no affect. And that was when I remembered the power I had received.
  I had to use it....it was the only way...
  Electricity surrounded my body and the groukd beneath me. I felt rage begin to rise inside me. I remembered now. The pain I felt that day. The hatred and spite.
  These things were now attacking my home once again. And I wasn't going to let them get away with it.
  My sword began to glow a bright red, and the piece of the blade that was missing appeared in the form of fire.
  I tired once more at the monsters attacking the town, and this time my blade cut straight through.
  Swords that I had summoned started to fly into other of the beasts. Killing them before they could harm another innocent life.
  My wife stood next to me as I protected her from all the monsters.

  Once all the monsters had been wiped out, I fell to my knees, tired and weak.
  The loud boom of a large footstep sounded behind me. And I could feel a hot breath breath down on my entire body.
  I knew it was the dragon
"Hello, Leo," it's voice rattled my bones to the core. It sounded menacing, yet filled with excitement at the same time. "I warned you about my game. And you broke the rules. And rule number one says to never break the rules. And if you do." It smiled at me once again. That evil smile I hated.
The rage burned inside me. And before I knew it I was running at the monster.
"I'll kill you!" It swiped at me with its large claws, cutting me deep.
Blood poured out of my side and I could feel my self getting weaker. The world seemed to go greyscale and all color vanished.
Was this it? Was this my death? But...I can't die! No. I can't! I have to protect Yue!
I forced myself up. Pushed through the pain and the shaking. I was defiantly dying of blood loss.
The dragon let out a roar, as if it had achieved victory.
Which could only mean....
"Y-Yu....e...." my voice came out quiet and soft.
Slowly I made my way to where the dragon had let out its roar. And that's where I found her.....
Her body was missing the top half.
My eyes widened and my pupils shrunk. The world seemed to vanish.
Rage. Pain. Hatred. Anger. Spite. Death. Death. Death! DEATH! DEATH! DEATHDEATHDEATHDEATHDEATH!!!!!!
"AHHHHHHHH!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. My anger raised inside me.
"YOU KILLED HER!" I screamed. My wife. My child...dead. "I'll kill you...." I said softly and coldly.
Who was laughing? Where was it coming from? Wait...is that me? Why am I laughing? This isn't funny....what's happening? Why did this happen? How come it had to be me? Why me? Whywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhy!!!!!!
The dragon appeared before me. A smile on its face.
"You have faced your consequence for breaking the rules. I hope next time you learn better." It said triumphantly.
"Shut the hell up..." I said as I tried to stand. I only managed to fall back down to my knees. Another smile creeped across the dragons face.
"I just had an idea," it began. "I don't want my favorite toy dying. No. I want you to live with this feeling you have. The feeling of hopelessness. Of anger and hatred. So...." it placed its claws to my forehead. A warm sensation overcame me, and all my wounds were healed. I felt better than ever. "Now...you shall life the life of an immortal. Doomed to forever wonder this world in search of me. Trying to find me, and kill me. But you never will, and your cycle of pain will repeat. If not you, someone else."
"Why! Why are you doing this to me!" The dragon began to leave, but stopped at my question. It turned around and with a smile answered,
"Why? Because it's fun. That's why." And at that, it vanished.
My senses were overtaken with rage and the world went black.

Death....
Blood....
The rancid smell....
Murder...
This world....
Must burn!

I searched for years for the dragon. Going to every last known sighting of the thing. But alas, my search ended in failure. That was when one day, when I turned one hundred and fifty, I felt the power leave my body.
"If not you, then someone else.
The dragons words ran through my mind.
I guess my time is over. And now it's was time for the cycle to repeat. The pain they would go through...the loss...

Magic...it no longer exists. It's rather strange, but here I am, the last person I know that can use it.
The home I built was in a town next to this place known as "Beacon Academy" I don't know why, but I felt like something important would go down here. And I couldn't have been more right
The place was under attack by the beats now known as the Grimm.
That's when I saw it. Him. The blades summoned behind his back just like mine had. He was surrounded by robots and Grimm of the like.
I knew he would survive, and he did.

  The boy shot out of bed, confusion on his face. Not surprising. He had just woken up in a place he's never seen before.
  "Take it easy, young one," I said to the boy. "You were severely injured when I found you, and your Aura was completely depleted. So who knows how much damages you sustained." I stated.
   "....who are you?" The boy asked. The fire in his eyes burned much like mine did back then.
  "Me? Just an old man who helps those in need when he can."