Chapter 26- Secrets

( Hey guys. So I deleted some parts, the story was kinda extra. But now I'm using the transcripts so Imma try and follow the story more precise. This chapter starts off at Volume 5 episode 7)

"How do you lose your map at a time like that?" Yang laughed at Jaune.

"Believe me, I've asked myself the same thing ever since." He replied, receiving laughs from Yang, Weiss, and Ruby, while he smiled and giggled sheepishly. Zakai just rolled his eyes.

"Hey, but you made up for it, Mister Muscles! You shoulda seen this guy take a Giant Grimm head-on!" Nora bloated.

"I couldn't have done it without Ruby wearing it down." Jaune rejected the compliment.

"Uh, me? Did you see Ren during that fight? He was out of control!"

"I'm sorry, I may have lost my temper momentarily." Ren apologized.

"No, no! Out of control as in "awesome"!" Ruby lifted her hand in surrender/

"Oooohhh. Thank you." He smiled. But what about Zakai?"

"Me?" Zakai tilted his head. "I didn't do much besides give you an opening." He scratched the back of his head.

"No, no! You were awesome!" Ruby cheered sparking laughs from everyone.

Zakai handed dinner out to everyone as Weiss told everyone about how she accidentally summoned a Boarbatusk during the Schnee charity ball. This caused Ruby to gasp.

"You did not!" She flabbergasted as Weiss put her face in her hands.

"Yeah, right in the middle of the party." She responded.

"Please tell me you let that lady have it," Yang asked.

"Of course not! Even if I did really want to."

"No way, I don't believe it," Nora claimed as she crossed her arms skeptically. At that, Weiss summoned her Boarbatusk right next to Nora. It growled, causing Nora to yelp and fall to her side. Weiss, Yang, Jaune, and Ren all laughed as Zakai and Ruby rolled their eyes.

After everyone was done eating, Yang showed off her prosthetic arm to the rest of the group.

"It's not a replacement for the real thing, but I'll make sure to make good use of it." She said.

"That's amazing," Jaune said in amazement.

"Incredible," Ren added. Meanwhile, Ruby just got all starry-eyed at her and cooed over it as she held it up.

"And it's just as strong?" she asked

"Hm, sure is," Yang replied. Suddenly, there was a bang on the table. Nora had placed her arm out ready to arm wrestle.

"Wanna bet?" She taunted.

"Nora, please, now's not the time..." Weiss went to interrupt, but despite that, they began to arm wrestle. Everyone began to cheer, while Zakai walked out and sat leaned on the balcony.

He stood there in thought. He felt disconnected in some way, yet he couldn't pinpoint why. Was it because he was still missing parts and memories of himself, or was it because he felt like he was just an added character into their story?

His thoughts were interrupted as he heard Nora scream and Yang laugh, giving him the assumption that Yang won. Now if she cheated, who knows. He decided to head on in and clean the dishes.

"Gyah... We ate it all..." Jaune began. "Oh, I think I'm gonna be sick..."

"Easy there, Vomit Boy, I believe in you," Yang jested.

"Oh, we're doing that now. Wonderful," he said sarcastically, causing Weiss to giggle.

"I mean, the Ice Queen seems to like it," Nora added. Weiss stoped giggling and Ruby bursted into laughter at Nora's remark. Weiss smiled nonetheless. A small smile appeared on Zakai's face as well as he finished cleaning the dishes.

"I so did not miss you people."

Nora gasped. "Oh my gosh, she really does like it! What went and warmed your heart while you were gone?" She asked.

"Hey! You make it sound like I used to be terrible." Weiss accused.

Yang interjected. "Nah. Just a lot to deal with it once."

Weiss puffed as Yang stuck her tongue out at Weiss.

"It's been a long time. We've all grown in our own ways," Ren said softly.

"You really think so?" Ruby asked as she looked at Zakai. He was putting the dishes up after finishing cleaning them and wasn't listening. He didn't even so much as look back at them.

"Well, think back to when we were all at Beacon, would you say you ever did anything foolish or embarrassing? Or do you think you were perfect?" Ren asked.

  Oh gosh," Weiss moaned as she buried her face in her hands.

"I may have been a little too gung-ho from time to time," Yang scratched the back of her head.

"Heh, you?  I tried to 1v1 a Nevermore on the second day of school." Ruby added.

"Yeah, well... don't even get me started," Juan said as he walked back into the room.

"Well that embarrassment - that desire to go back and tell yourself not to be so stupid - that just proves you're not the same person you used to be. You're smarter, you're kinder, you're stronger, and you're not done growing yet. None of us are," Ren stated.

After that, silence filled the room for a small amount of time, with the only sound being Zakai putting up the dishes. He got hot and nervous as he did so, like everyone was watching him.

"Yeah, turns out Ren gets real deep when he feels like talking," Ruby finally broke the silence, causing everyone to giggle.

"Well, hold on, I thought I was pretty great in school!" Nora interjected

"Even at the dance? When you spilled punch all over yourself in front of--"

"Yes, especially the dance! Thank you, Yang!" Nora interrupted. Yang reacted by covering her ears from the yelling, Ruby laughs in return.

Zakai just finished and sighed as he stretched. "Man, you guys are loud," he sighed.

"I know, right? How can six kids possibly make so much noise eating dinner?!" Qrow asked as Zakai stood next to him.

"No idea," he replied.

Not long after, everyone relocated to the second-floor living room, with Weiss and Yang having finished being filled in on what everyone else knew so far.

"So, the maidens. Magic. Salem. It's all true?" Weiss asked.

"Uh-huh," Qrow replied

"Miss Xiao Long, is this more or less what  your mother told you?" Ozpin asked.

Yang didn't respond. She still had her arms crossed, so Weiss answerd for her.

"For the most part."

"You forgot something. You forgot to tell everyone what you did to Qrow and my mother." Yang snapped, cashing Ruby to gasp.

"What is she talking about?" Juan asked.

(I'm getting a bit to busy now guys I'm sorry. Freak college ya feel? So I'm just going to go awol here with the story lmao but I'm gonna post this for y'all to read so you know I'm alive)