Chapter 71- You wish for death

"Tsk, well, if I'm going to turn, I may as well go out in a blaze of glory." He sighed heavily as he looked at the whale Grimm.
He knew Salem was in there, along with all of her friends that work with her. Maybe even she was in there....Cinder. He had plans for her, dark ones.
He shook his head, clearing his mind of those thoughts. They weren't like him, at least not like this. These thoughts-they were dark.
"Commander Snyder, what are your orders?" A solider asked as more Grimm spawned. He had left a crater a little more than half the size of the whale in the battle field, and everyone was looking at him.
"I'm not your commander, so don't speak to me like that. Not do I need you to go charging to death for me, unlike how Ironwood has you doing. He claims he's helping you, but then why are you the ones down here while he sits in his office, safe from harm?" He sneered. The soldiers said nothing just look and spoke amongst themselves for a while.
Zakai took that moment as his que to go. He teleported inside the mouth of the whale. Salem wasn't there, but he saw many passage ways.
"Great. It's like a maze in here." He grumbled as he looked at the oaths. There were several for him to take, which was too many.
"Zakai?!" Yangs voice made him jump. "What are you doing here? How did you get here?"
"Wait, was that....you who caused that explosion?" Jaune asked.
"Ummm....looking for Salem, I teleported, and yes." He answered the questions in order. "What are you doing here?" He asked.
"Well, first off, what are you doing looking for Salem? She'll kill you" Ren stated. Zakai jsut shrugged and smirked. "Well, we're looking for Oscar. He's in here, Salem has him."
"Oscars here?" He asked. "Do you know how to find him?"
"Yes, I can...sense people. I can track their Aura, or at least I think that's how it works. I'm not to sure, I just found out how to do it."
"Mmm, I see. Well, lead the way." And so he did.
They made their way down several corridors until Jaune went to scout ahead. It didn't take long before he came running back.
"Ren, mask us!" He hissed as they all went around a corner.
A Grimm came by, patrolling. Ren was struggling to mask them all, and it didn't take long for his Aura to drain and for their presence to be known.
"Welp, there goes stealth." Zakai said as he raised his hand. A ball of blue light shot out of it and collided with the Grimm, killing it.
"What was tha-"
"No time for questions. We need to go, now!"
They ran through the halls, still looking for Oscar, Zakai in the lead.
He turned a corner and saw them. It was her!!!!
"You!" He hissed as he reached behind his back and grabbed Leo's sword. The second his hand wrapped around it, he felt the rage Leo had for all those years. It was as if it was still inside the sword-all his emotions.
Without using dust, fire ram around the chain on his arm and made its way down to the blade, forming a blade of fire where the real blade was broken.
"No-Wait!" Emerald raised her hand in defense. Once she did, the man-Hazel, next to her was no longer Hazel, but instead it was Oscar.
"Wait, what?" Yang asked, confused. "We're you...helping him?"
"Now isn't the time. We need to leave, now!" Emerald stated.
"Why should I trust you," Zakai hissed. She had looked away his memories in an illusion. An illusion that he was someone else and not himself.
"Maybe because I'm the only one that knows the way out." She frowned. "Or maybe because if I wanted to kill you I would have gotten Salem to do it for me."
"You know where Salem is?" He tilted his head.
"Yes, but we need to leave, now! She's probably already coming for us."
He thought for a second. If they made their way to the exit, Salem would surely meet them there. She wasn't stupid. If there was an intruder he was sure she'd know they were coming for Oscar.
"Alright then. Lead the way." He smiled softly.
She lead them through the corridors until they were near the exit.
"Come on, let's g-" Jaune was cut off as Salem appeared in their sights.
  "Clever little kids." Sue smiled as she approached them. She grabbed Emerald and whispered something in her ear, Zakai couldn't hear. But he also didn't care. She was in front of him now, and even though she was speaking to Emerald, she didn't take her eyes off of him.
  He smiled evilly as he walked up to her.
  "Hello, your majesty." He stepped face to face with her before grabbing her hand and kneeling on one knee, kissing the top of her hand.
  She just snorted and took her hand back, slowly. He could tell she still liked him as a servant. And that was good.
  "You saw the power I have now, yes?" He asked. She just looked at him, but the look said yes. "I did it for you, my Queen. I trained, I fought, I killed-all for you." She tilted her head.
  "So....you didn't betray me?" She asked, hesitation in her voice.
  "...betray...her. Zakai, do you-"
  "Work for Salem? Yes." He replied as he stood up and turned around to look at Ren and the rest. "Sorry I never told you." He grinned as he slowly took off his scarf, cloak, and then shirt, revealing his half grimmified torso. "Why do you think this happened to me? It's all for her." He laughed insanely. He had to play the part well in order for her to fall for this.
  He could feel Salem behind him, he could tell she was pleased. How? It was...weird. He felt what Salem felt. Maybe it was because he was half Grimm, which gave him a connection to her. Though he wasn't entirely sure.
  "What will you have me do, Queen?" He asked as he looked at her. Before she answered, hands came out the ground and grabbed all his friends, holding them down. He just looked at them and snorted.
  "I know, right?" Salem rubbed her finger across his chin as she walked past him, sending a shiver down his spine. "That was all it took to subdue them. How pathetic." She was eye balling him as she walked. She seemed fascinated by his body, or more so the Grimm parts.
  "Well, they are just kids." He chuckled. "And I may be their age, but I've been to hell and back over and over and over again-forcing me to age, to change each time."
  "Yes, I know, my pet," she said as she walked towards him and grabbed his chin, lifting it up to look her in the eyes. "I can see and feel what you have been through. You have been through so much pain, just as I. And all you wish for is death."
  Death? Wait!
  "No, I do-" she shoved her hand through his heart, crushing it. He stumbled for a bit, in his last few seconds of life he looked at his friends and smiled sadly. "I...lied. I....wanted to...trick her....." at that, the world went black.