Chapter 5- So....I get to stay?

By the time Zakai had finished the Ursa and applied a small white bandage to the cut under his eye, the others had taken care of the Deathstalker and the Nevermore. that was the only injury he had sustained. He didn't know what exactly went down, but he knew one thing. He had failed to reseve a partner for the exam and was soon to be kicked out.
  He had given the white chess piece to Ruby and the white haired girl, who he had learned was called Weiss. He had no use for it without a partner, and without it, Ruby and Weiss would have been kicked out too.
"So...." Ruby said, looking at the ground. "You're....going to be kicked out, huh?" She asked sadly. Zakai scratched the back of his head and shrugged at the same time.
"It's what it is." He sighed. Zakai looked at her and saw that her cheeks were puffed out and she was looking down, she looked sad. She must have thought there was something she could have done.
He put one hand on top of her head and rubbed it, the other hand was still on the back of his head and he avoided eye contact.
"It's not your fault," he sighed. "There's nothing you could do."
"I-I know. But I just wish that you could have stayed." She said softly and sadly. "I wish that there was some w-" she was interupted by Ms. Goodwhich.
"Are you Zakai Snyder?" She asked, looking at Zakai.
"I am."
"Mr. Ozpin would like to speak to you." She said then looked at Ruby and her friends, which Zakai had yet to be introduced to. Well, except Weiss.
"Be on your way girls," she shoed them off. They went on their way, but not before Ruby took one last look back at Zakai. He and her made eye contact. She had sad puppy eyes, making him quickly divert his gaze.
'Don't look at me with those eyes...they remind me of her....' he was refeering to Chain.
"Let's get going." Ms. Goodwhich said as she started leading Zakai to Ozpin's office, Zakai not far behind.
Once Zakai reached Ozpin's office, he was told to walk in. He did as he was told and the dokrs shut. It was only him and Ozpin now.
"Hello, Mr. Snyder." Ozpin looked at him, his eyes narrowed. "I see you failed to pass the exam." Zakai just stared at him, no emotion on his face. "Now, I must tell you. Under normal circumstances, you would be kicked out. However," he pulled the video of Zakai fighting on a projecter. It showed him killing the Beowolf's with his sword, to saving Ruby, to fighting with a stick, and finally to him fighting the Ursa and the stick turning into a gun.
"Your semblance," Ozpin looked him in the eyes. "As well as your combat abilites, are extremely unique. I've never seen a semblance like that, nor have I ever seen anyone fight with a stick like you did. That was reckless and stupid, and yet at the same time it was both unique and strategic." He sat down. "So, I'll offer you a deal." He smiled softly. "I shall let you stay, but you shall have no team. You will be alone through out your whole time at Beacon. That or you leave. The choice is yours."
  "So it's be alone, or go home?" He asked aa memories of his home, burned to ashes, flashed in his mind. "That's probably the easiest question I'll have to answer all year." Zakai remarked. Ozpin smiled.
"Good, you start class with everyone else tommorow. You will be sleeping in the storage room since all the dorm rooms are for teams."
Zakai shrugged. "I've slept in worse conditions." He said, looking Ozpin in his eyes.
"I see....well, off with you. You need rest to start class tommorow. You'll find your uniform in your room. Now off with you." Zakai had already started walkin off at the first 'off with you', but he heard everything Ozpin had said. He waved Ozpin off ass the doors shut and he begain his new life is a student at Beacon.
Zakai had barely any rest. He spent most of the night organizing the storage room. Moving stuff, throwing stuff away, and staking boxes that where in the way. He ended up falling asleep on one of the boxes in a strange position, causing his back to hurt.
"Aw man...." he groaned as he rubbed his aching back. "How'd I manage to fall asleep like that?" He conplained as he changed into his uniform. He didn't tuck anything in, and his tie was a mess. After all, he never had anyone teach him to do it right. But it will manage. His jacket was unbuttoned and the sleeves were rolled up and he grabbed his googles and headphones and headed to class.
  Time seemed to slow down in class. The lecture was boring, and on top of that, Ruby and her friends where in his class. And Ruby kept doodiling pictures and talking and giggiling, it started to annoy him, causeing his left eye to twitch everytime she giggled.
  Zakai didn't remember doing it, but he zoned out, but when he came back it was to Weiss fighting a Boarbatusk and Ruby cheering loudly.
  He watched the grimm with narrowed eyes. Weiss seemed to be having trouble with it.
  "Get it's underbelly! There's no armour there!" Shouted Ruby. This seemed to annoy Weiss, but in the end she ended up doing it, killing the grimm. She was congradulated and class was dismissed.
  Zakai waited for everyone to leave before he left. No one had noticed he was in the class. Well, he did style his hair differently. He had it slicked back and his googled where holding his hair from falling back down.
  It was lunch time now, and everyone was in the cafeteria eating and conversing. Zakai sat alone at a lone table that seemed old and out kf place.
  "Huh....guess no one has sat here in a while, huh buddy?" He was speaking to the table. He couldn't help but feel sorry for it. "Well, I'm here now, and this is my new spot. So you won't be alone anymore." He smiled softly. He ate barely any of his lunch, he wasn't a big eater, and went to put the tray away when two words you never wanna hear where shouted.
  "FOOD FIGHT!!!" This caused Zakai to tsk.
  "Grow u-" he was interupted as a tomatoe hit his face, followed by thousands of pieces of food flying in every direction.
Ruby and her team started to fight several other students, the ones that had fought the deathstalker before. They where using food as weapons.
"Are you kidding me?" Zakai mumbled as he dodged several pieces of food flying at him. He grumbled and put his hands in his pockets and started to head out the cafeteria when Juane was sent flying into him.
"Ow-" Juane said rubbing his head.
"That's what I should be saying," Zaki mumbled underneath him.
"Sorry!" Juane got off of him. "I'd apologize more but I gotta go help my- wait! Aren't you the kid that was supposed to be ki-"
"Shush." Zakai put his finger to his own lips. "Look, I got to stay because of luck. I got lucky. But don't go telling everyone, I'd rather stay in the shadows." He didn't have to. Ozpin said that he can make friends, but he wont be part of a team. It may seem like it'll make you less lonely, but it makes it worse. Having friends that are on a different team and you wont be able to see often. It's terrible, so it's better to stay alone and not get close to anyone.
  "Well...okay." Juane said and ran back to help his team. Zakai went to head out the cafeteria and Ms. Goodwhich walked in after him.
  "So...I get to stay, huh?" He looked at the mess in the cafeteria where Ms. Goodwhich was scolding everyone.
  "Children, don't play with your food." Zakai smiled. He knew this was gonna be an interesting year.