Chapter 68- If anything happens, I'll save them all

The scenery around him wasn't what he remembered. Mantal was in chaos. The people were leaving their homes, taking only what they needed to survive.
  "What the hell?" He looked around. "Is this....my fault?" Could he have helped stop this if he were here? He couldn't help but think that when a familiar voice called his name.
  "Zakai! Watch out!" It was Yang. He turned around to see her coming at him, full speed on a hover bike. She was mid flip, upside down. She landed where he was, crushing him, or so she thought.
  "Where'd he go?" Jaune asked in confusion.
  "I'm up here," Zakai called out to them. He had teleported on top of a nearby building.
  "How did you-"
  "Long story." He smiled as he jumped back down, landing in front of them. "Nice bikes." He inspected them.
  "I know, right?" Yang smiled.
  "It doesn't suit you though." He stated as he walked up, placing his hand on her bike. "I can fix that though." He focused his power, and slowly her bike changed color, going black and Yellow.
  "Woah! How did you do that?" She exclaimed as she inspected the new and improved bike.
  "Oh, just a little trick I learned." He felt a gaze on him, and looked to see Oscar staring at him, a look on his face that Zakai new all to well. He didn't know how, but he knew Ozpin was staring at him, wondering where he got the magic.
  "Where are y'all headed to?" He asked, ignoring the stare. "Seems you're in a hurry."
  "Were trying to evacuate sector 7," Yang answered.
  "Oh, then let me help with that." He smiled. "...Well, actually. What can I do to help?"
  "Do you think you can scout and see if there are any Grimm around and kill them off? We need to make sure everyone is safe from harm. And when your done, could you meet us at the crater?"
  "Sure," he smiled. "But, where'd Ruby and everyone else?"
  "They're...doing another mission." Ren answered.
  "Oh, I see...." So I won't see her for a while...well, that's fine. "I'll go scout ahead." He vanished, having teleported.

  He finished off some Grimm, not killing them all, but adding some to his shadow army. But only those who bowed before him. It was becoming less and less. Salem must be changing them, making it harder for them to surrender.
  He was on top of a roof when he saw two Grimm, making their way towards Jaune and everyone else, including some citizens.
  Jaune threw something at them, but he appeared in front of the Grimm, raising his hand. "Stop." He said. The two Grimm froze in place. Inspecting him.
  "W-what did you just do?" Jaune asked, perplexed by the situation.
  Zakai ignored the question as he spoke to the Grimm. "Kneel, or die!" He demanded. One of the Grimm did as told, kneeling down. It dissolved into his shadow soon after. The other one, however, charged at him.
  He stepped back, falling behind the device Jaune had thrown. A holographic shield shot out of it, and the Grimm ram into it. It scratched at it, but soon Ren fell from the sky, killing it.
  "Did you...kill the other Grimm?" He asked, his eyes confused. "And...how did you speak to them? Did they understand you? Where have you been this entire time?"
  "Haha," Zakai laughed nervously. "It's...a long story. But yes, they understood me and no, it didn't die. It works for me now." They all looked confused, even a little scared, but only for a moment before they shrugged. "Well, whatever. We need to get going. We need to head to the crater."
  "Why can't we go to Atlas? I'd feel much softer up there." And old lady said.
  "Oh, I'm sure you would," Yang started. "But they made it well clear they don't care about you. The Fauness, however, are doing whatever they can to help. Even if you don't deserve it." The woman looked at the ground and feel silent.
  "Do you think if Jaune hit you with his Aura amp you could mask all of us?" Yang asked Ren.
  "It's a lot of people, but probably."
  And so they did. They began walking, Ren and Jaune on a bike as Ren masked all the citizens. Zakai could hear the old woman, talking in that back.
  She was complaining, asking why she couldn't go to Atlas. And about how Yang yelled at her.
  "Tsk!" Zakai turned around. "Why don't you shut the hell up and leave them? Go to Atlas. GO!" He shoed her off. "You'll be so safe up there, much more than you will with us. So GO!" He was sick of her complaining.
  "N-no. I'm s-"
  "Sorry! Yeah, I'm sure you are. Right now isn't the time to be beg and chooser, you understand? This entire damn place can be over run with Grimm at any moment, and if all you're going to do is complain, then why the hell should I save you? It'd be MUCH quieter if you were gone."
  "H-hey. Kai." Yang put a hand to his shoulder. "Calm down. I think they're all just scared."
  "Tsk." He hated to admit it, but she was right. "Sorry." He grumbled as he scratched the back of his head. "You're right. I just can't stand people who ask for more than they'll ever deserve." He starred coldly at the lady, who only averted eye contact.
  They slowly made their way on, until they reached the crater, dropping of the citizens. Zakai looked around. It looked like a refugee camp. Like if a swarm of Grimm where to attack, everyone would die. It didn't seem like any of the people here were qualified to protect this many people. But that's what he was there for. To make sure if anything happened, he would save them all.