Chapter 40- Dont leave

"....p....up....wake up!"
"Gah!" I shot out of bed straight up.
Wait...bed?
I looked to see the woman I met yesterday smiling at me. "It's about toke you woke up," she smiled kindly. "You we're sleeping like a baby." She chuckled. "Did you know you move a lot in your sleep?"
"...what am I doing here?" I asked. "And where is here?" I recognized nothing in the room. Not even the walls.
"My house." She answered. "I brought you here after you passed out. "I'm sorry if that bothers you."
"...It doesn't... but why would you bring me here?" I asked. "I could be dangerous." My voice was cold.
"Oh? But you aren't, are you?" She blinked slowly at me. It irritated my nerves.
I pulled my knife from my boot and put it to her throat. "What did I say? About you not knowing anything."
She just laughed and stood up. "Oh don't look so shocked." She chuckled once more before sighing. "We both know you weren't going to hurt me. No matter how you act or what you say."
"Tsk." I looked at the ground. "You know nothing."
"Oh but I do...well, except for your name that is. So, what is it? Your name?"
I looked at the woman, not answering. My eyes narrowed in suspicion. She could be an assassin out to kill me. And the second I tell my name and confirm my identity she'll kill me.
She sighed loudly. "Let me guess. You think I'm an assassin that's going to kill you when I find out your name. I can see why you think that, but if I REALLY wanted to kill you, I would've done it already."
"Ha. Like you could." I sneered.
"Oh trust me," her eyes narrowed and her entire character seemed to change. "I could."
A shiver was sent down my spine and I averted my eyes from hers.
"...Fine," she said after a moment of silence. "I'll tell you my name and then you tell me yours. Is that okay with you?"
"How do I know you won't lie-"
"Oh my UGH! Are you ALWAYS going to be like this? Stop questioning peoples motives. Not everyone is bad, idiot!" She flicked my forehead hard.
"Ow!" I put my hand to where she had flicked me and rubbed it. "What was that for?"
"For being you." She grumbled. "Well, anyway. My name is Yue." She smiled softly. "Yue Rose." (No relation) "So, what's your name?"
"...Leo," I answered softly. "Leo Devinchi."
  "Leo? I like it." She smiled brightly. "Well, it's nice to meet you, Leo. Would you like some breakfast?" She asked.
  "...." I didn't answer. I wasn't hungry. But I wasn't not hungry. But I also didn't know this woman well. So why was she helping me?
  Is there an ulterior motive? Why would she help me? What does she have planned? How is she going to execute her plan? When is she going to do it? What does she want from me? What does she want? Whatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhat!!!
  "Didn't I say to stop that," she said sadly, causing me to look at her in confusion. She saw the look and answered the question I hadn't asked. "I can smell it, your doubt. And your inner turmoil. I told you this already."
  "A-sorry..." I said. "I...I would like some food...." At that a bright smile came across her face.
  "Great! Then follow me to the kitchen."

"So," she began as I started eating some of the eggs she had made. "Where are you from?"
"....was...."
"I'm sorry?"
"Where was I from. That's the correct way to word that question."
"O-oh...I see. I'm sorry..."
"...."
"How old are you?" She asked.
"W-why does that matter?" A blush came across my face. At that, she grinned.
"Oh, I see. So you think I'm cute?" She tilted her head.
"N-n-no!" I stuttered and lied all at the same time.
"Mmm. I can smell the lie coming from you."
"Sme- what is all this talk of you and smelling?! It's weird."
"Is it? Sorry," she smiled. "It's the ability I have. I can smell things. Really well in fact. Not just people and animals, but emotions too. Which is why I said I could smell your doubt."
"Oh, I see." I finished eating everything and sighed softly. "....twenty," I said.
"Twenty?" She was confused.
"You asked how old I am. I'm twenty."
"Oh? I'm twenty-three."
"Ew. Your old."
"Was that a joke?"
"....was...was it funny?"
"No."
"Then it wasn't."
"So it was an insult?"
"Did it hurt your feelings?"
"No."
"Then it wasn't that either."
"..."
"..."
"PFFT!" The laugh she was trying to hold in came out all at once. "HAHAHA! I can smell the lies coming from you. I thought you would learn by know." She hit her hand on the table. She was laughing way to hard. "Oh, you really thought that would be funny, didn't you?"
"...." I didn't say anything. I couldn't tell the truth. But I couldn't lie cause she'd know. So silence was my ally.
"You're cute." She chuckled.
"W-wha-!" My face felt hot and I knew it was red.
"Hehe! So. Do you think I'm cute?" She asked once again. "And don't not say anything. I'll kick you out of you do."
"What? You'll kick me out?"
"Mm-hmm." She smirked. It reminded me a lot of Sam....
"...yeah...your cute..." I said. "But I don't see why any of this matters!" I argued.
"You think? I think it matters. After all, you did save me."
"Save yo-" I realized she was referring to yesterday when I stopped the man from robbing her. "Oh..."
"Uh-Huh. So that makes you my knight in shining armor." She smiled. "My hero."
"...I'm no hero," I said. "If anything, I'm the villain..."
"I don't think so." She said as she stood up. "Hey..do you like watermelon?"
My ears perked at that word. "Watermelon?"
"I can smell the excitement," she chuckled as she grabbed a slice out of the fridge and handed it to me. "Here you go."
I took a bite out of it and began chewing.
"You must really like it." She stated.
"I love watermelon."
"I can tell. This is the first time I've seen you look so peaceful. And the first time you smiled."
I looked at her, still chewing. "Well don't get used to it. You won't see me like this very much. In fact you probably won't see me anymore after thi-"
"Don't leave," she quickly shot out of her chair.
"GAH! Why?" I looked up at her while slowly taking a bite out of the watermelon.
"Because...I'm lonely."
"...that's all?" I remarked. "That's a pathetic reason."
"No it's not!" She puffed her cheeks. "I'm lonely and I want company..."
"If you're lonely go see your parents or something." I waved his wrist, dismissing her.
"...I can't...."
"Why?"
"They...died when I was 12."
"Oh....I'm...I'm sorry...." I scratched the back of his head.
"It's okay." She smiled.
"You can't fool anyone with that," I said empathetically. "I'm the king of fakes. And I can tell that smile isn't real...just like all the others."
She stopped smiling at that and just started at me. "So, you could tell? Is that why I smelled annoyance on you?"
"Most likely." I grinned. "But," I sighed. "I also have no where to go, soo.... I guess I'll stay."