Chapter 54-Rest in Peace

"Again!" The God of light demanded as Zakai got up off the ground.
"This is stupid!" He complained as he got up for the umpth time.
"You would think so, but it's training. If you can't do this and get through it your body won't be able to withstand the magic I give you, let alone the power that comes with it."
"Still," he grumbled as he scratched the back of his head.
"Ready....begin!" At that, balls began flying towards Zakai. They weren't lethal, but it hurt like hell when hit.
His training was to be able to dodge or deflect every single one without getting hit. It's been a week and he has not been able to pass. It was challenging, what with the God of Light sending them out in large amounts at high speeds. The worst part is that he isn't as powerful as he used to be.
He was told that when his power and curse were taken away, so were many of his abilities. He found out that he could no longer deflect bullets like it was easy, nor could he just completely own someone in a battle.
In fact, he started off at Oscars level last week. Not knowing much, but he slowly began getting stronger on his own, learning to do things without power.
"ACK!" One of the balls slammed into his gut, knocking the wind out of him. "Damnit!" He hissed
"Don't just wail around because you are scared to get hit," the God began. "Sometimes in order to dodge a bullet, you have to cross its path. There isn't always a clear road ahead of you. There will be obstacles, so start looking at it like that. You can't just power your way through it." Zakai got up and took a deep breathe.
I can do this....
His breathing slowed and became steady. "Okay. Try again." Balls began to fly at him once more. This time, he dodged them with ease. Ducking under, spinning around, flipping and twisting over, until the last one was sent flying past him.
"Congratulations," the God smiled. "You have finished your training." A golden orb appeared in its hand before it slowly started floating towards Zakai. It went into his chest and all of a sudden pain shot through his entire body.
"GAHHHH!!!!" His body began to vibrate at a high frequency. His ears were ringing and he felt like his brain was being ripped in two.
"The power is resonating with you. It will hurt, excruciatingly. But once it is done, you will have power beyond your imagination...until the time comes, don't use your power...." at that, Zakai was no longer where he had been the past week. Instead, he was smack dab in the middle of a forest, still on his hands and knees.
The vibrating started to slow down after ten minutes, and his headache went away, and soon all the pain stopped.
He leaned back on his knees and looked at the sky above him. It looked so familiar, yet so unfamiliar. Like all sky's are the same, but at the same time they are not.
"Hello, again," a familiar voice broke Zakai from his thoughts.
"Old man! I-I mean, Leo?" Zakai looked at the old man who had saved him and helped him many times before.
"Yes...that's is my name...how did you-"
"I know everything," Zakai answered with a soft sad smile. "He told me...made me see..." He didn't have to say the name for Leo to know who he was talking about.
"The God of Darkness...you met him?"
"Yes, and the God of Light. He...saved me."
"Saved you?" Leo scratched his beard.
"He took away my curse..." he looked at Leo who's eyes were usually closed, were now open.
"C-can he..." but Zakai was already shaking his head.
"I don't know how to reach out and find him...they brought me to them...I'm sorry, but I can't take you to him to get your curse lifted."
"......" Leo was quiet for a moment. Thinking about his life. His hundreds of years of Solitude. A tear began to fall down his cheek.
"Leo...." the man didn't answer, just kept looking at the ground.
"It's been so hard," he finally said after some time. "Since I've seen her face....I can't even remember what she looks like..."
  "Yue...." the name made him think of his Yue as well. The pain and sadness he felt. Leo has felt it for decades.
  He bit his cheeks in anger. Is there nothing I can do. He felt useless. Why was it that he had to watch others suffer? That's when he remembered.
  He looked at his left hand and blinked slowly. He slowly began reaching his hand out to Leo's until it covered it. Leo looked at Zakai through his fingers. "I will save you," he smiled softly as his hand began glowing a soft blue. That's when a pain seemed to squeeze Zakai by the heart, yet he saw in Leo's eyes.....relief....
It was working.
Zakai pushed through the pain of what felt like death, slowly pulling his hand away from Leo as a purple ball seemed to be pulled out of Leo's mouth. He pulled it all the way out and it floated in Zakai's hand.
"Thank....you...." Leo said softly, a tear falling down his cheek as his body slowly started to dust.
"Leo!" Zakai started to panic.
"It's okay," he looked at Zakai. "I've wanted this....for a long time now..." Leo reached behind his back and reached his weapon out to Zakai. "I want you to have this...." Leo began. "For real this time..."
Zakai looked at the weapon with a soft smile. He reached out and took it. "Thank you..." he said to no one. Leo was gone now, resting in peace...
He looked up through the trees of the forest. The trees tried to reach out to grasp the sun, but they couldn't, and what the trees missed slipped between the branches and landed on Zakai's skin, giving him a warm feeling over his entire body.
He looked at the orb that was in his hand, the curse of immortality...
He thought to himself. Yes, it was a curse, but at the same time it wasn't...It could keep you alive forever. He thought for a while more before he sighed heavily. He reached into a pouch on his belt and grabbed a small glass bottle. He squeezed the orb into it, making it a liquid that filled up the bottle.
He slipped it back into the pouch before once more looking at the sky. The sound a of tree branch cracking caught his attention.
In an instant a BeoWulf lunged out of the thicket towards him. The BeoWulf had hit nothing. It looked around confused before it was stabbed through the back.
It vanished in a puff of smoke as several more came towards him, surrounding him. They all lunged at him, thinking the entrapped him. Once again, they hit nothing. Zakai had teleported in the air above them. He was twisting slowly. He pulled Leo's sword out and the chain wrapped around it. His Grimmlike arm began to glow blue and a blue blade was formed where it was missing.
He tossed the blade, using the chain to pull himself down once it stabbed through one of the Grimm . Another Grimm tried to hit him from behind once he landed.
Snap
He snapped his fingers and a crystal flew out of his pouch and turned into a sword as it stabbed into it before it got to attack him.
He twirled Leo's sword in his hand as his crystal sword floated to his other hand. "I could get use to these powers." He grinned as the other Beowulf's lunged.
"Alright then. Let's have some fun!"