Chapter 50-Grimm Reaper

A lot has happened lately.... Zakai wrote in his journal. He's had one ever since he became a soldier.
First of all, I lost to IronWood because he cheated and had to become a soldier for his army. Secondly, I think I unlocked my true power. My semblance, not a power that was cursed upon me. I call it Necromancy. It sounds dumb, and unbelievable; but I can control the Grimm.
I don't know how it works, but I can speak to them, and them to I. They hide in my shadow. An army I have building up.
For each new Grimm that joins my army, I feel a growth in my power. I'm not sure what changes, but I can feel it, if that makes sense. Though I guess it doesn't.
IronWood has been keen on studying my ability after the fight with Winter-which ended in success and me being promoted to Commander. But as I said; he's been calling me into simulations and studying my ability. If I'm being honest, I feel like a lab rat. Like I'm some sort of test subject.
  Day after day after day after day he makes me fight, sometimes even kill. Most of the people I test my abilities on are prisoners; People who did horrid things and are locked up until death. Well, they aren't locked up anymore.....
  Me and Ruby....I think we're okay. She looks at me differently. Like she's scared or doesn't recognize me anymore...it hurts. I think she doesn't love me anymore.... the pen stopped moving as a tear dropped down his cheek onto the paper.
  He tightened his grip as anger began to surge through him. Hot and boiling, spreading through his body. That's when he blinked and he was once again, at Salem's throne.
  "You!" She walked up to him and grabbed him by the throat. She only fazed through him. "Tsk! How dare you take my Grimm!" She hissed.
  He looked at his Grimm like arm. It was pulsing blue softly and he could feel the Grimm in his shadow moving, as if wanting to make a move.
  "I didn't take anything. They willingly left you and came to my side." He stated apathetically. "After all, you may be a Queen, but it's only because you are a pawn that made it to the throne. I was born a King," he flexed his hand and claws came out. "You merely stumbled into it."
  "How dare you!" She hissed as she went to claw at him. She fazed through once again.
  "Sorry, my Queen. But I have to go now."
  "Yes, you do," she smiled devilishly. "I hope those Grimm help save everyone from what's to come."
  "Oh? And what's that?" He asked.
  "You'll find out soon enough." At that, he was back in his room, pen still in hand.
  A knock on his door pulled him out of his thoughts. "Who is it," he asked, not getting up.
  "Me." Ruby's voice replied through the door. His eyes widened and he closed his journal and walked to the door. It slide open and he saw her, standing with her hands behind her back and going from heel to toe.
  His vision changed to one of a younger Ruby.
"So....what's your name?" Her voice echoed in his head. Just as quick as the memory came, it was gone. And there she was, still standing there.
"Hey....we were wondering if you wanted to come to a public rally with us tonight." She looked him in his eyes. "We miss you. But we know your busy because you work for...IronWood now, and I don't know why you are, but we miss yo-"
He pulled her into a kiss, lifting her up off her feet.
"I'm sorry..." he whispered as he pulled away slowly, resting his forehead on hers. Her entire face was red and she was stuttering for words. "I missed you too." He hugged her. "So much....and I know you all are mad that I'm working for IronWood. But it's just temporary. I can quit when ever I want. Besides...." he looked at the ground.
"What?" She asked.
"He may not seem it, but he's helping me. Helping me control and learn my semblance."
"You mean...the thing you call Necromancy?"
"Yeah," he nodded his head. He saw her eyes sink a little. It hurt his heart.
"Are you scared of me?" He asked. "Because I control the Grimm. Are you scared I'll turn out like...." he raised his right arm, which was the arm that was grimified. "That I'll turn into a monster."
"H-what? No. Not at all." She slapped his chest hard, causing him to drop her and knock the wind out of him. She landed on her feet with a frown. "I would never think that of you!"
"But...I see you looking at me differently. I can see it in your eyes..."
Her frown turned sad instead of mad. "Well...that's not because of you...it's the shadow I see behind you..."
"My...shadow?" He looked at his shadow. To others, it looked like a normal shadow, even to him. Yet at the same time he knew that's where his army hid. Can Ruby see that?"
"Can you...see them?" He asked.
"Who?"
"Never mind," he scratched the back of his head with a soft smile. "What's the shadow you see?"
"Well...it seems like a....Reaper, if that makes sense."
"A Grimm Reaper?" He chuckled at his own joke.
"It's not funny Kai, I'm serious. But yes, that's what I see behind you."
  "Well...I can assure you I don't see anything. Are you sure you're not just seeing things? Do you see it right now?"
  "...No..."
  "See. You must just be imagining it."
  "I guess," she sighed softly.
  "So, what's this public rally?"