Chapter 38- It is only the begining

(Hey guys. These next few chapters are going to take the point of view of Leo. The first person to ever have Zakais semblance. It's also a back story to the entire plot of Zakai and his powers. I hope you all enjoy it! It'll only be a few chapters, so if you don't like it please bear with me :) ))

  "Leo!" I could hear Lea calling my name from the forest before she was even in seeing distance.
  "Yes, Lea?" I groaned as I turned to see her coming for the trees.
  "You won't believe what I found!" She said as she walked up to me.
  "If this is another trick-"
  "It's not!" She puffed her cheeks in annoyance. "Just follow me." She ran back into the forest, me following behind her.
  "Can you just tell me what it is?" I asked.
  "Nope. It's a surprise."
  "Tsk. You know I hate surprises," I said. And it's true. They're a waste of not just everyone else's time, but my own as well.
  "Stop being like that. Trust me. You're going to love this. I hope."
  "I heard that!" She had tried to hide the last part, but I heard. "Why are you even taking me to anywhere if you don't even know if I'm going to like it?"
  "I never know what you're going to like. That's why it's a surprise, idiot." She clicked her tongue.
  "Don't you click your tongue at me!" I snapped. "Gosh, you really get on my nerves."
  "Everything gets on your nerves, Leo." She retorted. "You've been that way since birth."
  "Whatever. Are we almost there?"I asked as I noticed her slowing down.
  "Yeah," she answered. "Look." I did as told and looked where she had pointed.
  "W-What is that?" We we're looking at an area that seemed to be made of...I don't even know the word. Pure evil? It looks like something you would stay away from, not go near. And what is that?
  "Is that a pool?" I asked, looking at the liquid below.
  "I mean, if you want to swim in it, be my guest. But I'm not going to."
  "Nah. I'm good." I said. "Why'd you bring me here? And what is this place?" I asked. It wasn't pretty, nor cool. So why waste my time?
  "I don't know. I feel like this is a place of importance. Like historical site or something." She smiled at me and I simply frowned. "Want to go down there and check it out?"
  "Not reall-"
  "Race you there!" She began running down towards a path.
  "Lea! Stop! It could be dang- oh forget it!" I began running after her.
  I passed her and reached the end of the path before her. "HA! I win!" I gloated.
  "Wow. How rude," she frowned. "You actually ran past me. I thought it was ladies first." 
  "I mean I guess, but I believe in equality. So I don't care about any of that." I sneered.
  "You really are the worst." She sighed.
  "And I'm the best at it."
  "Shut up," she chuckled as she shoved me.
  "Hey don't push." I pushed back softly, smiling. She pushed me once more, and I pushed back again, but this time, she lost her balance.
  "W-woah! Leo!" She reaches for my hand.
  "Lea!" I reached for her, yet it was to late. She fell into the pool of black below me. "LEA! LEA!" I looked in the water for her to come back up, but I didn't see her. "Nonononononono!" I began to panic. "LEA! LEAAAAA!" Still no sign of her.
  I began taking my shirt off, ready to jump in after her. I tossed it on the floor and was about to jump when a voice startled me.
  "Who are you?" It seemed to demand more than ask. I jumped at its tone, and the fact that it had frightened me. 
  "GAH!" I turned to see a figure that seemed to have no skin with horns. It looked to be made out of pure darkness. "W-what are you?" I asked, looking at it. I was terrified. What was it going to do to me.
  He didn't answer my question, but in turn, stared at me, as if it was waiting.
  "Oh. I-My names Leo Devinchi." I answered it's question.
  "And...," it turned its head to where Lea had fallen. "Who was she?"
  "Was?" The world seemed to zoom out.
"Well what do you think happened to her?" It asked.
  I didn't answer that question, but simply fell to my knees. "No..nonono!" I put my hands to my head. "She's dead. And it's all my fault. I pushed her in!"
  "Indeed you did." The figure replied. "And indeed it is your fault."
  "Shut the hell up!" I hissed at it. It simply looked at me, and although I had saw no mouth before, a smile appeared on its face.
  "You dare talk to me like that in my domain?" It's words shook my bones, but I didn't back down. Instead, I stood up.
  "I don't know what the hell you are, you horned freak. Or what you mean by domain. But I'm going to kill you!"
  "Oh? What for?" It asked. "I didn't kill her. You did."
  "SHUT UP!" I pulled my knife out my sheathe and ran at it. I went to stab it, only to have the blade brake in two, like it was a toothpick.
  "Hmm. Is that all? Then it's my turn." It picked me up by my throat and looked me in my eyes.
  "ACK!GGGGAAGH!" I struggled to breathe and kicked at it. It had no effect. It only pissed me off more. My body burned with rage, and I wished for the strength to kill this thing.
  In the same moment, it let me go and it began to back away from me.
  "ACK!ACKACK!" I coughed as I sucked air back into my lungs. My body still felt hot, and I still had the desire to kill this thing.
  "Hmm. You seem to really hate me, don't you. But it's not just me you hate. It's the world, isn't it, Leo?" It asked.
  "Shut up...before I kill you." I stood back up and looked it dead in the eyes.
  "I see the fire in your eyes. You wish to see the world burn, don't you?"
  "No...just you." I growled.
  "Hahahaha! Good. That's good." It smiled once more at me. "Then come kill me!"

  "AGH!" I was thrown to the ground once more. My body was bloody and bruised. I felt weak, but I still felt the fire in my stomach. The desire to kill. Why? Why did I want to kill him so bad? I...I can't remember anymore....why? Why am I here?
  "I see you're beginning to lose yourself." The thing spoke to me. "Don't give in to the dark. No matter how tempting it is." It smiled once more.
  "What are you-" I was alone. By myself in a empty void. Was I standing? Or was I falling? I can't see, but I can't feel either. A cold sensation washed over me, and that was all I felt. Cold. I felt cold and alone.
  I wish Lea was here....why did we have to come to this place...why did I have to push her...
  "You seek to have strength?" A voice echoed around me. It sounded feral and scratchy. I felt wind fly past me.
  "...I do..." I answered.
  "Hehe! Good." A purple dragon appeared in front of my face. It's face was terrifying. It looked like death itself, yet I stared into its eyes, feeling nothing but the emptiness inside of me. "Then will you give me your power, and in return, I shall grant you mine?"
  "...If it will make me stronger..." I answered once more.
  "Good...." the dragon smiled at me. "Beware, Leo. What you have gone through today. It is only the beginning."