Chapter 4- Fight for your life!

(Sorry this chapter took so long! Been busy lately. I hope y'all enjoy it!!)

  "You ready?" Zakai asked Ruby.
"Yeah," she smiled. "Let's do this!" She unsheated her scythe and ran at the Deathstalker. Zakai sighed and looked at the stick he carried in his left hand. He scratched the back of his head and ran to the others.
"Nora!" Zakai saw a girl with orange-ish hair up in the air. She was sitting on her hanmer like a witch on a broom, and on the way down she slammed the Deathstalker in it's head, stunning it.
'She's crazy...' Zakai thought to himself as he went to this blonde haired guy who looked scared. 'But hey, I'm the one with a stick....'
"You good man?" Zakai asked the blonde haired guy.
"Y-yeah...just scared..." he replied. Zakai smiled softly.
"We all are...trust me...but fear has two meanings, kid....forget everything and run, or face everything and rise." Zakai said calmly. "The choice is yours."
This stopped the guy from shaking. He looked a little calmer but still looked doubtful. "Thanks man. Oh, I'm Jaune by the wa-" the Deathstalker interupted him as it's stinger slammed down inbetween him and Zakai.
"Tsk! This isn't time for introductions," Zakai said, twirling the stick in his hand and doing a complete turn, slaming the Deathstalker's stinger with the stick, causing it to move a little to the right.
"Look out below!!!" A voice said from above. Zakai looked up to see the Nevermore sending a flurry of it's needle like feathers down upon them. Zakai had no defense, all he could do was deflect some with the stick, however he was still cut by others he couldn't defend against. He hissed in in pain as one cut across his left cheek, just under his eye.
"Zakai!! Look out! It's an Ur-" Ruby went to tell him but her voice was lost as Zakai was sent flying several feet back. It was an Ursa. "Really?! Three big ones?" He sighed. "Fine then," he looked at the groups, they seemed fine. "Alright then," he twirled the stick and held it backwards and raised it up level. "I'll take you on my own." He smirked.
The Ursa charged at him, slashing down with it's claws. He stepped to the side and swatted the claws with the stick. All this seemed to do was anger the Ursa more. It roared as it charged at him at an alarming speed.
'No time to do-' it slammed into him, sending his thoughts into a spiral and putting him in a strange sense of being.
'-kai...Zakai....Zakai!' Zakai woke up to find himself in his bed. He was ten again and it was his birthday.
"Happy birthday, my sweet little Kai," his mom kissed his forehead.
"Morning sport, it's your tenth birthday, you know what that means? It's time I taught you the family cooking secrects." His dad said softly.
That's right, he had almost forgotten. Zakai was the son of two famous cheifs, and he was raised to be just as good, and expected to be better. His tenth birthday was supposed to be when he learned the secret family ingredient that his family always used to make food, passed down from generation to generation.
"You ready?" His dad asked.
Zakai was in a state of shock. He looked at his hands and saw how little they were. 'Is this real?' He asked himself, a look of fear and sadness on his face.
"You okay honey?" His mom asked worridly.
"I-I thought y'all died..." he whispered softly.
"What?! Where'd you get that idea?" His father scowlded.
Zakai looked around at his surrondings. Everything was the same as when he last saw it. The air smelled the way it had seven years ago, and the loving atmosphere filled his heart.
He smiled sadly yet happily. "Just a silly dream." A tear fell down his left cheek.
His mother wipped it away and smiled. "Well, let's get going. We gotta go shopping for the ingredients." She said. Zakai nodded his approval and followed his parents through town.
  'Is..is this real? Was all of that just a dream?' He thought to himself. 'It seemed so real.' He looked at his parents again, seeing them talking to eachother and joking like old times. 'I don't care anymore....I'm just glad I'm with them.'
  He spent what seemed like hours with them, shopping, cooking, laughing. He even played with his friends that lived a few houses down.
  "Hey, Zaki," Chain said, she was twirling two fingers around eachother.
  "Yeah, Chain?" He asked.
  "Well...you're ten, and I'm nine...does...does that mean you're to old for me?" She looked like she was about to cry. Zakai smiled softly. He knew she had a crush on him, but he had always pretended to not know.
  "Of course not! We can still be friends!" He smiled and patted her head.
  "Yeah...okay...friends." She said quietly. "Though that's not what i meant by to old for me."
  "I'm sorry? I couldn't hear you," he lied.
  "Oh, nothing!" She smiled brightly, she had believed his lie. "Come on! Let's play a game of Hide-and-Seek."
  "Sorry kids, but it's time for Zakai to go." His mother appeared from behind Zakai.
  "Yeah, I am kinda tired." Zakai said softly. He had a long day and was ready to sleep. He felt like a giant weight was crushing him and making him want to just collapse on the spot.
  "That's not what she meant, Zakai." His father was now on the other side of him.
  "What do you mean?" He asked confused.
  "You need to wake up Zakai." His mother said sadly. "We all love and miss you, but it's not time for you yet." Zakai's eyes widened.
  "W-what do you mean? I'm home! This is where I belo-"
  "No, it's not." His father interupted. "Zakai, we know you miss us, but there are others out there that will miss you."
  "I don't care about them! I want my family back! I want my life back!" He cried out.
  "You want your family back? That's not possible. We are all dead. But as for your life?" His mother smiled at him. "You can fight for that, right here and now. So wake up Zakai! Wake up! Fight for your life!"
  Zakai opened his eyes. The Ursa was on top of him and it felt like he was being crushed by a truck. It opened it's mouth, ready to take a bite out of him.
  "Get off of me!" He struggled but to no avail. It got closer, it's hot breath was on his face. It felt like when you open the dish washer and get blasted with heat, except it smelled of blood and decay.
  He struggled more, searching for something. He felt the stick. 'This won't do anything!! Damn it! No! I can't die here, not yet!' Blue electricity started to flow down his forearm to his hand, surronding the stick, however, he hadn't noticed, he was to busy panicking. 'No, not yet! If only I had a weapon! If only I had a gun to shoot this thing with!' The elctricity that was on his forearm and the stick pulsed and gave off a small flash. Now in his hands was a black and gold revolver. "The hell?!" But he didn't ponder over what just happened to long. He had to get free.
  He got his arm from under the Ursa and shoved the gun in it's mouth.
  "Now die!" He pulled the trigger, sending the bullet straight through it's mouth and skull. It died instantly and went limp as it fell off of him.
  He got up, out of breath and sweating from fear. He was shaking. He looked at the dead Ursa, then at the gun in his hand. Where did it come from? What happened to the stick? Lightning sparked over the gun several times, and after a while of him not using it, the gun vanished, and once again in his hand....was the stick.