Chapter 27- A sudden letter

Zakai had just woken up. It was late in the evening. He had already missed most of the morning, and while he was asleep Ruby and her friends and sister had a good talk. Or so he heard.
  He had fallen asleep early last night, so he hadn't heard the conversation with Yang and Ozpin about Qrow. But he got the details later from Ruby.
  Not long after he was called to the yard.
  "Tsk. This sucks," he mumbled.
  Ozpin, or rather Oscar, but really Ozpin, wanted a rematch with Zakai.
  "Now, I know what you are thinking, Mr. Snyder," Ozpin started. "But you only got lucky last time. I don't want you thinking that you are some powerful huntsman, or the what not."
  "I'm not thinking that," Zakai said flatly.
  "I see. Either way, a rematch is a good thing. It will allow me to actually test your ability, so don't hold back. I won't be."
  "Ah, I see." Was all Zakai replied with. His hands in his pockets and a frown on his face. Ruby and the gang were watching. All with wide eyes.
  "Get him, Ozpin!"
  "You got this Zakai!"
  Everyone cheered for a different person. Yang, Ruby, and Jaune,  were cheering for Zakai while Nora, Weiss, and Ren were cheering for Ozpin.
  "Are you ready?" Ozpin asked.
  "Not really," Zakai replied.
  "Well the enemy never waits for you to be ready, so well begin, now!" In a flash Ozpin was in front of Zakai, which he was not expected. He just managed to raise his arm and block Ozpins attack with his cane which still sent him skidding back several feet.
  The rules of this fight were simple. The first one to give up lost. That was it.
  There was no out of bounds, so it was a fight to surrender.
  "Tsk!" Zakai clicked his tongue at the pain that went searing through his arm where he was hit.
  "I told you I wasn't holding back, Mr. Snyder. Did you think I was lying?"
  "No, not really," he grumbled as he rolled his shoulder back and popped it. "But I definitely think you could do better."
Ozpin narrowed his eyes in return. "Oh?" Without any movements he vanished.
"Where'd he-"
The sound of metal hitting metal sounded loud. Ozpin has came from above, and Zakai had predicted it and pulled his sword out, blocking just in time."
"No cheap moves, Ozpin." Zakai said coldly as he grabbed the cane and tossed him to the side. Ozpin landed on his feet but skidded a few feet.
"You're quiet observant. How'd you know I was coming from above?"
"Where else would you come from?"
"Hm," Ozpin smiled. "Smart."
"No. You're just predictable."
"Ohhh! BURN!" Nora said.
"What exaclry do you have against me, Mr. Snyder?"
"Oh? A lot." He frowned. "Like what you did to Oscar. He's just a kid." He hissed.
"...."
"Nothing to say? Good. Keep your mouth shut. I don't need to hear you talk to fight you." He got in a low stance he gripped his blade tightly and in an instant, just like Ozpin, he vanished. But he appeared behind Ozpin, not above.
He slashed at him, but Ozpin places the cane behind his back, blocking Zakai.
"You've got a lot to learn."
He flicked his cane and sent Zakai's sword flying from his hand. He went to spin around and smack him, but Zakai yanked the chain and caught his blade, blocking just in time.
"Yeah, it's gonna take a lot more than that to-" The screech of an Eagle sounded in the distance.
Zakais eyes widened. He recognized that screech. That high pitched and scratchy one.
"Marco?!" He looked up and sure enough. The eagle landed on his shoulder. Ozpin quickly stepped back and everyone around him was confused.
"Is that an eagle?" Jaune asked.
"Yes." Zakai replied as he grabbed the paper in Marcos talons. As he read it his eyes widened.

Zakai. I'm sorry to have to send you this, I don't mean to bother you. But the village has been under attack by raiders for a while now. We gave them everything they asked for..but they won't go away. They're asking for more and we can't give it to them less we die or starvation. And now they've taken my daughter hostage. Please Zakai, if you get this. Please help us. Save my daughter

-Jeremy

"No. No no no!" Zakai said as he read it.
"Zakai. What's wrong. What's that letter? Who's it from?" Ruby asked worriedly.
"I-I'll explain later. But right now, I have to go!" He said.
"What? But...what do you mean you have to go?"
"I promise Ruby, I'll explain later." He grabbed her hands softly. "Trust me."
She looked in his eyes and nodded.
"You can't just leave," Qrow stalled in front of Zakai as he began to leave.
"Out of the way Qrow," Zakai threatened.
"I don't know who you think you are, but I'm not just going to let you leave and go off who knows where. It's dangerous."
"I survived on my own for months out in the wild," Zakai hissed. "I think I'll manage."
"Let him go," Ozpin interrupted. Zakai looked at him in surprise. "What? It's obvious something bad has happened. I don't know to who or what, but obviously it is important to you. So go."
Zakai nodded. "Thank you." He said as he jumped off the balcony. He landed in the forest. He looked left and right. "Marco!" He called. The eagle came to him. "Take me to the village." Marco screeched and flew off to the north. Zakai took off in a sprint to follow.