Chapter 74

He appeared in a mansion, and there were several girls there who all jumped at his appearance.
"W-who are you!" A girl with red hair asked.
"Hm? Oh, just a nobody, really?" He waved his hand dismissively.
She readied her weapon, aiming it at him. "Answer the question!"
"Hngh! Okay okay." He waved his hands in surrender. "My names Zakai. I've come here to-" the crashing of glass interrupted him and they're was a strange Grimm that roared.
"Get...the girl." It spoke.
"W-what is that?!" The girl that was ready to attack Zakai asked in fear.
"Just a hinderance," Zakai replied as he walked past her. His hands were in his pockets and the beast sniffed towards him before speaking once more.
"You're...Zakai, are you not? I...remember your scent. I'm supposed...to kill you and...get the girl."
"Uh-huh," he rested a hand on his hip with a soft smile. "And is that what you think is going to ha-" it lunged at him , interrupting his speech. It slashed its claws down at him, and he dodged it with ease.
It let lose a flurry of attacks after that, to which he dodged them all once again.
"Is this really all you can do?" Zakai asked with frown. "Cause if it is," he caught the beast by one of its claws. "Then this is going to end now." He pulled it towards him before slamming the palm of his hand into its gut.
It let out a strange noise, as if somethimg inside it screamed, before being sent back into and through the mansion wall into the courtyard.
"Get...the girl." It growled once more.
"Oh, shut up with that already." Zakai clicked his tongue in annoyance as he approached it.
It was still trying to get itself up off the ground. "Sit, you dog," Zakai hissed as he pressed down on its back with his foot. "Sumbit, you decrepit hound, or die where you kneel." He unsheathed Leo's old, broken sword, activating fire dust.
  "Must... Get the girl... And kill Zakai!" This time, several dozen Grimm appeared from the ground. New ones. They looked like centipedes.
  "You handle the big one! We'll take care of-"
  "No need," Zakai interputed the red haired girl. "I don't need any assistance with these feeble creatures." He snapped his fingers, and dozens of blades appeared in the air around him.
  Zakai didn't see it, but a look of familiarity sparked in the red haired girls eyes, but the spark died out just as quickly as it appeared.
  The blades were sent crashing down into the Grimm, killing them all and only leaving the leader.
  Zakai grabbed it by its face before hissing in its ear. "Now be purged!" A bright flash of blue light erupted from his hands and consumed the Grimm.
  The sight after caused not only Zakai, but everyone else to freeze in place.
  The Grimm wasn't just a monster...it was...a person?
  "What...what is that?" The red haired girls voice quivered.
  "A person..." Zakai answered as he turned to look at her. In an instant, his heart crammped as he saw the tears forming in her eyes.
  A new found power of his allowed him to read the thoughts of others, and he saw vision of what seemed to be the girls mother.
  The girl assumed that what happened to her mother was similar to the fate of this man. She believes Sue was grimmified.
  Zakai looked at his hand, which itself was grimmified, and his heart only dropped more.
  She was probably right in her assumption...it happened to this man, and it was happening to him, although he stopped the transformation.
  But if it happened to this man and himself...
  "I'm sorry, Rub-GAH!" He grabbed his head as a sharp pain stabbed through it. Instantaneously, the girls name that had someone found its way into his brain vanished.
  "Are you okay?!" The girl ran up to him. Worry was in her eyes as she leaned down to check on him.
  "I'm fine..." He lied. He didn't know what, but something was missing from his memory. There were blank faces and names in his memory during his time at Beacon.
  He remembers going there, as that's where he learned to fight, learned who he was. But pieces of it are missing, yet at the same time new memories were being implemented into his mind. People he didn't know, faces he'd never seen, names he'd never heard. Friends he never made.
  "You're lying, aren't you?" The girl smiled softly. "That's okay. I know we don't know each other, so you don't have to tell me anything. Besides, we know we can trust you after you just saved us all."
  "Save you?" He scoffed at the word. "I don't think I saved you. I implemented doubt and fear into your mind at the new discovery of this..." He looked at the "Grimm". "Thing," he finished.
  "I saw it, girl." He looked up into her silver eyes. "The visions of your mother. The feeling of dread that overcame you at the realization that this may have been the fate of her... and then the visions you had of me, my grimmified arm...the confirmation to your doubt."
  "You...you saw that? Is that your semblance? No...that's not possible...your semblance had to be those swords, right? But...that light that came from your hand...what...what exactly is your semblance?"
  "My semblance?" Zakai laughed softly. "I..." want to tell her the truth...he wants to tell her he has magic. But why should he tell a girl he just met his power? "I don't have just one...see, my semblance allows me to take others semblance and use them. But I can just steak the semblance, if has to be given to me. Like an inheritance, so to say. The dying wish of someone that passes it on to me, trusting me with the last of their life to keep them alive, to keep their power alive so they can still save the world."
  "WOW! That's...pretty cool!" The girl smiled widely.
  "Indeed," he muttered as he turned his back towards her. "Anyway, I need to be going now." He started walking off. "I've other things that need tending."
  "Okay..." She seemed sad at his leaving. "See you again soon...hopefully..." At that, he teleported to Salem