Chapter 12- It's a promise

"-ai....kai....Zakai!" The shaking woke him up.
  "Huh?" He opened his eyes to see Ruby and the gang.
  "Oh you're okay!" She hugged him, sending pain to shoot through his body.
  "AGH!" He shoved her away and scrunched his body up in pain.
  "I-I'm sorry," she stuttered.
   "What do you want?" He asked. "To gloat and tell me I was wrong about beating y'all?"
  "What, no!" Weiss intervened.
  "We came to check up on you...they found you passed out in a pool of blood." Blake said.
  "So y'all are here out of pity? Because y'all feel y'all are responsible for it. Well news flash," he looked them in their eyes. "I don't need your sympathy, nor do I need y-" he was interrupted by a slap from Yang who grabbed his collar and pulled him close.
  "I don't know why you're like this, but you need to stop! Stop trying to push people away and prevent yourself from getting close to them. It's cowardly and it's stating to piss me off!"
  He shoved her arms back and said nothing, just looked at the ground.
  "Look me in the eyes," she said. He made eye contact with her. "What's wrong with you?"
  His eyes narrowed in sorrow.
  "Hey, Yang. He's injured and in pain, we should let him recov-"
  "No! I want to know why he's so rude to everyone who wants nothing but to help and be kind to him."
  "Yang, maybe it's pers-"
  "You want to know why I don't accept the help of those around me, why I keep them at a distance?" He interrupted, his voice shaking, both from anger and sadness. "It's because everyone I get close to dies! They leave me, all on my own, fending for myself!" He was crying now.
  Everyone was quiet as his sobs continued.
  "I was just a kid...I was just a kid!" He cupped his face in his hands. "I didn't even know how to fight, I had to learn through near death experience. I'm just the son of a family of chiefs , I didn't know how to fight, and they left me. They all left me. My friends, my parents, why couldn't they take me with them?" He was shaking his head back and forth.
  "And then in my travels, I met a group of runaway kids. They became friends of mine, and we all got attacked by an Ursa. They all died as I hid in the bushes like a coward. Every time I rely on someone or accept help from them, they all die...." he was quiet now, as well as everyone else.
  The silence was interrupted by footsteps walking towards him, and the smell of Roses enticed him as he was embraced in a hug.
  "It's okay, your okay now," Ruby said softly.
  "No ones gonna leave you. We're all here to stay, so please, let us help you."
  He didn't speak but nodded slowly. "Okay...I can do that..." he whispered.
  "Good," she still held him in a hug. He hadn't realized until now, but his face was in her...
  His face went red and he got hot. He slowly pulled away from the hug and avoided eye contact.
  "Feeling better?" She asked.
  "Yeah...I'm fine," he smiled softly.
  "Good, then let's get out of here." She turned around and started walking out, her team following her. Before she left the room, Yang turned around.
  "I'm sorry...about what I said and did." He put a hand up.
  "It's fine," he said softly as she walked out.
  He was left alone in the silent room.
  "I guess....they're okay," he said softly as he got up. He was wearing a robe, but on a chair was his normal clothes. They where repaired to the best of their ability and cleaned.
  He put them back on. His shirt was ripped near the collar slightly and his cufflinks were ripped and ragged slightly. His overcoat was torn near the bottom. He sighed.
  The door opened as he was half dressed, only in his pants and shoes.
  "You comi-" Ruby stopped mid sentence as she saw the shirtless Zakai. "Ah! Sorry!" She slammed the door shut.
  His face and body felt hot. 'Did she see? Did she see the scars? Please don't have let her.' He thought as he put the rest of his clothes on and walked out to see Ruby waiting there.
  "I-I'm sorry," She Immediately apologized. I didn't mean to barge in while you were changing."  Her face was red. He looked down at her and looked away quickly as his cheeks turned red slightly.
  "What...did you see?" He asked quietly.
  Her face went red. "J-just your abs..."
  "Liar..." he said softly. He grabbed her hand.
  "W-What are you," he put her hand under his shirt. "Z-Zakai!" She covered her face with her other hand as he put her other hand on his stomach.
  "You saw them, didn't you," he said as he moved her hand around, letting her feel all the scars. She moved her hand away from her face slightly, her face still red slightly.
"Yeah...." she replied. "W-What happened?" She asked.
  He let go of her hand, and she brought it back to her side.
  "I'll tell you that another time....," he said. "It's a secret as to why it happens. I can't let just anyone know, then I'd become an easy target." He laughed.
  "Oh, okay. It's a promise," she smiled and put her pinky out.
  "Yeah...a promise," he wrapped his pinky around hers.
  "You two love birds coming or not?" Yang's voice cause Ruby to jump.
  "C-coming!" She ran past Yang.
  "How much did you see?" Zakai asked as he walked side by side with Yang.
  "Hmmm...'you saw them, didn't you?'" She mocked his voice.
  "Awk!" He looked away.
  "It was cute," Yang said. "And I'm fine with that. She may be my sister, but seeing her grow up and showing these emotions, it makes me happy," she said.
  "Emotions?" He asked. "What do you mean? She shows them all the time."
  "Idiot," she rolled her eyes. "I'll tell you some other time," she grinned.
  "O....Kay..." he said awkwardly.
  "Alright, then let's get goin'!" She grabbed his wrist and took to a sprint, dragging Zakai with her and her friends to get ready for the next battle. And to little of their knowledge, would be the beginning of the fall of Beacon......