Chapter 69- This is war

They were back in the city. Having been told Grimm where still on the lose.
"Wait!" Zakai yelled at Jaune, who was about to kill a winged Grimm. Jaune lost balance, falling back on his hover bike. The winged Grimm looked at Zakai as he walked up to it.
The Grimm was injured, its wing torn. He could sense the fear from it. It didn't want to die.
"Join me." Zakai said, reaching his hand out to the Grimm. "And your wounds will be healed. And you will no longer be hunted by man. You will no longer have to fear being hunted, because you will be the hunter."
The Grimm inspected him, as if giving thought, before lowering its head in submission. Zakai rested his hand on its head, and it slowly dissolved into his shadow.
"What...is that power?" Ren asked Zakai.
"It's my semblance. My real one. That other power you saw, the one I had. It was a curse...." he clinched his fist tightly.
"Curse?"
"It's....a long....long story...." He smiled as he looked at them. "But I suggest we-"
"Kai!"
"GAH!" He was attacked from no where, sending him flying into a wall, knocking the wind out of him. "ACK!" He gasped for breath as ye saw the Grimm in front of him.
It ignored Yang and the rest as it seemed focused on Oscar, pounding and attacking him until he was unconscious.
"Oscar!" The Grimm started to transform slowly. As if it was evolving.
"What the hell is that thing?" Zakai asked as he got back on his feet. The Grimm looked at Zakai, and it seemed to smile.
A shiver went down his spine.
Yang went to attack the Grimm, but it raised Oscar up, like a shield. Yang stopped her attack, but her momentum kept going.
It grabbed her by the face and threw her before Ren tried attacking. But it was to smart and countered him as well.
"Tsk!" Zakai reached into his pouch and grabbed three crystals. One grew into a sword as he ran at the Grimm, tossing it. It deflected the sword, but mid deflect, he closed the distance on it. He went to punch the Grimm, or so it thought.
In the middle of the attack, he extending the crystal and it formed into a sword. It nearly made contact but it's reaction time was quick and it dodged.
Zakai expected that, as he used his momentum from the attack to just toss the sword again. It deflected and this time Zakai teleported out of sight, behind it.
"Now die!" He went to cut it in half, but two eyes appeared on the back of his head. "What?!" It caught his sword and punched him once more, knocking him unconscious.

He woke up on an airship, surrounded by the ace operatives, Winter, and his friends. All except....
"Where's Oscar?!" He demanded. But one of the operatives, the Mohawk one, forced him back down.
"Sit! You have no right to speak right now." He ignored her, knowing if she tried anything he could end her with a snap of his fingers.
"What's happening?" He asked his friends.
"We're....under attack." Yang replied as she stared out the front window of the airship. He followed her gaze to the horrific sight.
Thousands of Grimm storming Atlas. And the large whale like Grimm lying on the edge of it.
A strange ringing started in his ears, and Zakai spoke. "I need to go help them." He stood up. They tried to make him sit back down but he looked at them, his eyes cold. They all froze. Not from fear. But because they couldn't move.
"W-What....is this?"
"Does he have the same semblance as-"
"Shut the hell up you pathetic huntsman." He sneered. "I should feed you all to the Grimm, the same way you're feeding yourselves these lies to tell yourself you're in the right."
He overheard IronWood telling Winter that her and her team would drop a bomb off inside the giant Grimm. Zakai laughed at it.
"Not only are you expendable, you're failures too."
"Shut up before I make you! You're a fugitive, just like the others. And you'll get what you des-"
"Now, unlike you." He grabbed the mohawk girl by her face, ignoring her. "I know when to shut the hell up and take orders." He raised his left hand, pointing a finger up. A small flame like a torch appeared above his finger. "So, I suggest you keep your mouth shut-" he started bringing his finger to her face. "Before I seal it shut for you." He saw the fear in her eyes before Jaune called out his name.
"Zakai! Stop!"
"Tsk." He let her go and sighed. "Sorry. I got a little carried away." He shrugged with a smile. "Well, I'll be seeing you." He saluted them all. "Good luck." At that, he vanished.

He appeared back at the front line of the assault. "Who is that?!"
"Is that Commander Snyder?!"
"Isn't he a fugitive?"
"Do you want to be the one to take him down? He's a beast, haven't you seen?"
Yes....that's right....
He was a beast. A monster. And he knew that. But he was going to be the monster that fought for the people! He wouldn't let them die!
"Arise." The words left his mouth and seemed to echo across the silent battle field. At first, nothing happened, and he could hear the people muttering among themselves. But not long after thousands of Grimm started climbing out of his shadow, taking a stand with the others.
This was it. This...is war.
"Now...." he pointed his finger to the Grimm in front of them. "Attack!" At that, everyone charged. His shadow army, and the humans.