Chapter 55- Another Letter

CAW! Marco cawed as he flew towards Zakai.
  "Oh, Marco," he smiled as he landed on his shoulder. "I haven't seen you in a while. Did you go back to the village?" He asked.
  Marco didn't reply, yet at the same time Zakai had heard the answer. "I hope everyone is doin-" he noticed a paper wrapped around Marcos left talon. "What's this?" He unfolded the paper and read the letter.
  "Wait...this isn't from Jeremy and the village." He scurried his eyes over the note. "It's from Silvia!" The girl he met in the mountains who's family he helped.

Hey, Zakai, if that's who's reading this. I'm pretty sure this is your bird, I just got a feeling from it. But it flew by our house and kept pecking my window until I opened it. So I figured that after I let it in, why not write you a letter?
Anyway, the mountains have been kinda...differently lately. I don't know what's going on, but Grimm have been appearing. Yeah, it sounds normal for Grimm to be around, but Zakai....there's so many of them...I'm scared, and so is my mother. My dad goes out and hunts some when he can, but he swears that killing one just makes 2 more appear.
I know you're busy, and to be honest, I may be writing this letter for nothing...but if this does reach you, someway, somehow, could you write back and maybe come help?
The one and only,
Silvia

"She thinks they're in trouble," he spoke to himself. "And they might be. What do you think, Marco?" Marco looked him in the eyes. That's when Zakai saw it. He saw a forest of snow, filled with Grimm.
"What the hell," he was just as confused about the vision as he was about why there were so many Grimm.
He knew he could see through Marcos eyes, but that's something that Marco had already seen. Maybe he could see things Marco saw in the past as well. It peaked his interest, but he had no time to test it. He had to get to Silvia. And the fastest way to do that?
He blinked and when his eyes opened he was in a snowy forest, a house not to far off in the distance.
He knew that teleporting to close to the house may have him spotted. And if they saw him appear out of nowhere, what would th-
"Z-Zakai?!" Silvias voice behind him made him jump.
"Ah, monster!" He jumped and turned quickly. "Oh, it's you," he sighed as he realized who it was.
"Where did you...you..." her cheeks went red. "You came out of nowhere!" She yelled at him.
"Hey, why are you mad at me?" He tried to change the subject, his hands up in surrender.
"Why am I mad at you?! Because you just scared the crap out of me by appearing out of thin air!" She threw some logs she had in her hand at him. He caught them all. "Gah! Why did you catch them?" She went to push him. He didn't move an inch.
She was close up to him now. She was shorter than him, but taller than Ruby. Her hands were squeezing his cloak tightly.
"Silvia?" He was beginning to worry. She was acting different.
She looked him in the eyes, her face red. "Zakai..." she started as she got up on her tip toes. His heart was racing as he looked back in her eyes and saw....death?
He shoved her hard, sending her flying into a tree, causing her to fall to her knees. "Who are you!" He demanded as he unsheathed his sword. His GrimmLike arm pulsed red softly and a red blade was formed.
He didn't even get to hear an answer before an arrow was sent straight between her eyes. His eyes widened in horror, only to hear her voice call him from towards the house.
"Zakai?! Is that you?" She ran towards him from the front door.
He twirled his blade, holding it backwards in a defensive stance.
"Woah, calm down. It's really me, I promise," she held her hands up in surrender. "Besides...I'd much rather kiss you than fight you." Her face went a soft red.
"That's exactly what that one was saying." Without looking away, he pointed at the dead her.
"Wait, what?" Her face went serious and her eyes widened. "So then...you really couldn't tell me apart from that one?"
"First off, explain to me what 'that one' is. And second, prove to me you are really Silvia."
She blinked slowly towards him before sighing. "You're here because you got my note right?" He nodded. "Cool, so that clears up that I'm real. Second, that thing," she pointed towards herself. "Is a Grimm." He twirled his sword as the red blade vanished and he sheathed it behind his back.
"This was a Grimm?" He asked as he walked up and squatted next to it. He touched its head. Silvia had walked up and was next to him, also squatting and looking at it, at her self. He could see the discomfort in her eyes looking at herself dead.
"Yeah. They started appearing about a week ago." She answered. "But they don't all look like me. They can take any form. It's terrifying. I don't know what's human and what isn't anymore..." as she said this her eyes fell upon his Grimmified arm.
Her eyes widened in horror as she fell back and began to push herself away from him. "Y-your one of them!" The fear in her voice made his stomach churn.
"No, you idiot!" He kicked a small rock in the snow at her forehead. "I'm not." He raised his Grimm arm. "This is....just a reminder." He said softly. "Of the pain I've suffered. Of the people I've lost." He looked at her. "And I won't lose you too." He said. "I won't lose anyone. Not anymore."
"...You really are Zakai," she sighed softly. "Thank goodness." She chuckled softly as she walked back up to him. He was inspecting the body again. Trying to find any error the Grimm may have made when mimicking her.
"From what we can tell, it's a perfect mimic." She answered the question he was thinking.
"Have you checked the entire body?" He asked, his voice serious as he scratched the back of his head.
"No...why?" She looked up at him.
"Maybe it can only mimic what it sees....so, maybe it wasn't able to copy....well, the rest." He looked at her. She was frowning.
"If you want to see me naked so badly you can just take me to my room right now. My parents aren't home."
"I'm being serious." He stated. "If we can find anything to help us differentiate the Grimm from real people, it could give us the upper hand." He started taking the jacket off of the dead body.
"N-No!" She lunged at him, to which he easily dodged. "P-please don't look!"
"Oh WHY?" He complained. "Do I have to take it to your room before I can see it naked?!"
"N-no...I just..."
"I get it," he sighed softly as he stood up. "Then you do it." He turned around. She was quiet for a moment before she spoke.
"No..."
"Huh?"
"No...I want you to do it."
"Okay then," he sighed as he turned around again and began to unzip the jacket. He got it off and tossed it on the ground. He started to unbutton its shirt.
He noticed Silvia watching to the right of him. "Careful," she said. "You have to be delicate when taking off a girls clothes."
His face went completely red and his hands started to shake as he continued to unbutton the shirt.
Wait, what if it can copy the full body. I'm about to see this girls naked body before I even saw Ruby's. I can't do this! But...what if I can help these people...what if it can't copy the full body...
"Hurry up?" She pulled his ear softly. "You're taking to long now. It's ruining the mood."
"What mood!" He yapped at her. She just smiled softly and chuckled.
He continued to unbutton the shirt, all the while Silvia was making moaning noises to the right of him. "That's it!" With his face red he ripped the shirt off.
"No! Don't look!" As soon as he yanked it, before he got to look, Silvia jumped on his back and covered his eyes.
"Damnit Sil!" He hissed. "Let me go." She didn't reply but did as told. He turned around to hiss at her just to see her staring behind him. "What's wrong?" He asked. She just pointed.
He turned around to see what she saw. He had been right. The Grimm still had a GrimmLike body. It was skinny, like a malnourished person. You could see rib cages as well.
"Well we have our answer," he sighed as he grabbed her hand. "So let's go."