Chapter 59-Rest

The last off his Shadows returned to him, meaning that the last of the shape shifting Grimm had been wiped out. Marco had done a full Ariel sweep and Zakai watched as he did so, not seeing any Grimm, he knew they were all gone.
  "Good," he smiled as the last Grimm dissolved back into his shadow. "Now that that's settled," he dusted his hands with a smile. "I can be on my way."
  But where too?
  He didn't know what to do, or where to go. He couldn't go back to Ruby and them, as he was told not too. He couldn't stay here, not with the way Silvia is. He could go back to the village with Jeremy.
  "Yeah," he smiled at the thought. "I think I'll go pay them a visit." In an instant he was teleported from the mountains of snow to the forests of green. The village was in sight and all he had to do was walk into it.
  He began walking and as he got closer he heard the busy noises of people working, chatting, and kids playing. He smiled at the memories he had here.
  "It's Kai!" Mina, who had been playing by the gate with her friends until now, was running up to Zakai. She jumped up in the air and he caught her in his arms as he twirled her around.
"Hey, Mina!" He smiled as he stopped spinning and tossed her in the air before catching her with an oof. "My, you sure have grown," he smiled sheepishly.
"Are you calling me fat?" She tilted her head with a frown.
"Haha-n-no!" He waved his hands in surrender, a bead of sweat appearing on his face.
"You better not be. Hmph." She pouted. He just chuckled at her childish attitude.
"Zakai!" Jeremy exclaimed as he caught sight of him. He made his way towards Zakai before continuing. "How have you been?" He asked. "Taking care of yourself?"
"Oh, I'm better than ever," he said, referring to his curse being lifted, although Jeremy didn't know anything about that.
"I can tell," he smiled. "You seem a lot brighter than you did before. I feel like your smile is for real now and not full of sadness. Although last time I saw you smile you were leaving us, so I guess it makes sense for it to have been sad."
"Sad from leaving yall?" Zakai raised an eye brow with a smile. "No, that actually makes me smile."
"Story lying to yourself kid, you'll get ulsars."
"Uh-huh," he rolled his eyes. "How about you though?" He asked. "How's the village."
"Oh, I'm doing fine, so is Julia. She's pregnant by the way," Jeremy smiled brightly. "And the village is doing great. Never better in fact. After you came and took care of those bandits we never had any bandits come by. And the defenses we set up to stop the Grimm have been working wonders. A few will break in here and there, but nothing our hunting team can't handle."
"Good," Zakai grinned. "Glad I could teach those cowardly bandits a lesson."
"Come, come. Let me take you inside. You must be hungry from the journey."
Zakai blinked. "Yeah, definitely hungry from the long journey." He stated.
"Where'd you come from?"
"Oh, I came from the mountains near Atlas."
"That far!? Oh yeah, you definitely must be hungry for some good food."
"Totally." He agreed.
They stepped into his house. It was nicer than the last time he had been in it. There was a rug on the floor, paintings across the walls that Julia must have made, as she was a talented artist, and the air smelled cleaner and happier.
"Oh, Kai!" Julia jolted at the sight of him. "My, you look so healthy and strong," she started. "You must be working hard, hunting the Grimm and fighting evil." She chuckled at what she must have thought was a joke.
"Oh yeah," he rolled his eyes, all though she didn't see. "I hope your taking care of yourself and the little one inside."
  "Oh, I definitely have been," she smiled.
  "What happened to your arm?" Jeremy asked, speaking of his Grimm like arm.
  "Oh, long story. But somehow my arm became Grimmified. I think it has to do with a new type of Grimm I ram into recently. They were able to shape shift and look like us."
  "What!" His eyes widened. "That sounds horrible. And it did that to you?"
  "Well, yeah. But it's not that bad, really." He flexed his hand, opening and closing it, showing he had full control of the GrimmLike arm just as well as if it was a regular arm.
  "Strange, but I feel it's one bad ass battle scar you can show off."
  "It is," he smiled.
"So, tell me, did you ever find the person you were looking for?"
"I did," he replied. "But I had to part ways again due to...unforeseen circumstances."
"Yeah, that's how life works," Jeremy sighed heavily. "You make friends, or fall in love, and then BAM! Next thing you know your alone again."
"Oh yeah, I definitely agree with that," Zakai said softly, looking at the ground. "Life tends to lead you to feel alone. But it's up to you if you feel that way or not."
"Yes," Jeremy pointed as he spoke. "That's exactly correct. You may meet some people and part ways, but if you feel alone after that, it's on you to stay that way or to meet new people and make new friends that you grow just as close too."
"I feel that's what happened with me here," Zakai laughed softly. "I lost the people I cared about, and then I found y'all. All of you helped so mu-" 'Beware' A voice whispered in his ear at the same time Mina came running through the door.
"Mommy, daddy, there's a man outside the village gate. He says he needs help."
  "Really? That's odd. We haven't had a visitor, besides Kai, in a while, right?" Julia looked over at Jeremy.
  "Well it could just be a wonderer or something. Could be lost and need help, let's go see," he spoke to Zakai as he got up and headed out, Zakai behind him.

  "Hello," Jeremy started as the strange man was in sight. He was in full black with a cloak covering most of his face with the hood. Zakai felt no evil or bloodlust from him, but he stayed on guard either way. "My names Jeremy, I'm the village chi-"
  "The girl." The man pointed at Mina. Zakai could feel Jeremy's mood shift from a calm and kind one to hard and defensive.
  "My daughter?" He pulled Mina close to him. She had followed them outside.
  "...." the man stayed silent, but continued pointing. Zakai narrowed his eyes and in defense they began to glow blue softly. He could feel his shadow squirming, as if it was itching to break free from him. "She's close to you, right?" The man slowly moved his hand to point at Zakai.
  Zakai sighed softly, his nerves were hot enough from all the bull shit that's been happening. All he wants is a break, and he can't even get one.
  "Look," Zakai said gravely. "I'm tired from my travels," he cracked his finger with his thumb, making a loud crack. "So I'd appreciate it if you piss off."
  You couldn't see the mans full face, but you could see that he was smiling. "You think you scare me? Please. You haven't seen true power. I can tell. I can see it in your ey-" as the man looked into Zakai's eyes he went silent.
  Blood
  Death
  Decay
  Fear
  Visions passed through the mans mind. He began to scream before running off into the forest, never to be seen again.
  "Well that was weird," Zakai shrugged. The visions Zakai had shown him? His life.  "Maybe now I can finally get some rest."