Chapter 67- Now, and always

"Do you...hate me now?" Silvia asked as she looked at the ground.
"H-huh? N-no." He raised his hands up. "I promise. I could never hate you..." he muttered as he looked at the ground. He clenched his fists tightly. "I just....you drank that without hesitation...why?"
"Because..." she averted eye contact. "I...heard what you said, when you were dying...you...were speaking to people. You sounded...alone. And you were saying your goodbyes...." he saw her clinch her fists before she looked at him, a fire burning in her eyes. "You IDIOT!" She sucker punched him in the cheek."
"Oh! What was that for?!" He asked, rubbing his cheek.
"'I'm going to a better place now, so don't cry. All things that live, must surely one day die.'" She mocked him, though out of anger. "How could you say that!" She was shaking from anger. "You...you didn't even say goodbye to me! You just told me everything would be okay, but it wasn't!"
  "I-I'm sorry. I...I didn't-"
  "You didn't what?!" She interrupted. "I literally told you I loved you, and you couldn't even say goodbye!"
Oh no...is this....is she going to leave me too?! No...not again, I can't lose another person!
  "You hurt me, Kai....you scared me. I thought you were going to die in my arms. I would never be able to talk to you again. See you again...to tell you I love you...." she was crying again, wiping the tears from her face. All he could do was look at her as she cried, feeling guilty, hating himself.
  "I'm...sorry." He said as he pulled her into a hug, squeezing tight. "Can I....make it up to you?" He asked. He didn't want to lose anyone else.
  She looked at him. "With...a kiss."
  "W-well I was thinking more of something li-"
  "A kiss!" Her demanding demeanor made him jump.
  "O-okay...." he stuttered.
  "Wait, really?" She seemed surprised.
  "Wait, could I have said no?"
  "To late!" She smiled. "Now, kiss me." She got her face closer to his, but didn't make the first move. She was waiting on him.
  His face was red, and he was sweating slightly as he leaned closer until his lips touched hers. She grabbed the back of his head, pulling him closer. He didn't fight it.
  They pulled away after a few seconds and she smiled at him. "What was the other thing?" She asked.
  "Do you still want it?" He asked, an amused smile on his face.
  "Of course I do," she laughed. "But, what was it?" She asked.
  He reached his hand out for her to take. "Take my hand, and I'll show you." She tilted her head in confusion, but slowly reached her hand out and took his.
  In an instant, he teleported them both to a new location. It was a land of shallow water that reflected the sky

  "W-what is this place?" She asked, looking around in amazement.
"I call it the Salar de Uyuni. The place where the land reflects the sky." He said as he walked through the shallow water. There was no one there besides the two. In a world other than their own. But they couldn't be there long. They weren't allowed.
"It's....beautiful..." she whispered in amazement as she looked around. "The land truly does reflect the sky!" She laughed as she danced around in the water. "How did you find this place?"
"I didn't....he did...."
"He?"
"...Leo...the other me," he replied.
"What...does that mean? The other you?"
He looked her in her eyes, a look of worry in his eyes. He was going to tell her about his life. His curse. "I'm...not the same as the rest of you. I'm...different."
"How?" She asked. "Does it have something to do with the powers you have? The one with the shadows?"
"Well...yes, and no. It's more than that. That power, it isn't mike. It belongs to someone else, or rather, it came from someone else. It isn't my own, it was passed onto me."
"By who?" Sue asked, confused.
"Many people." He replied. "I'm one of many people who have been reincarnated with this power, over and over and over and over and over again. Each one of them stuck with this power, cursing their lives."
"Curse...." she lowered her gaze. "Are you...talking about the immortality?"
"No," he looked at her with a kind smile. "The curse wasn't immortality, it was the curse this power carries. The curse of loss and loneliness. The people that were born with this were cursed to lose everything and everyone that meant everything to them. And...it's happened to me as well." He clinched his hand into a fist. "My mom....dad...my village....Yue...." his eyes teared up. "My first love." He sniffed. "They all died in front of me...and then everyone else I ever got close to. They left me. Either from fear."
"We thinks it's best if you leave, Kai." Jeremy's voice echoed in his head.
"Or because the curse got them killed...."
"K...kill m-me....K...Kai...." James voice echoed in his head this time.
  "They all left me, one way or another. So I distanced myself from them, from everyone. It's better to be alone, and to be the one hurting, than to be the one getting others hurt." 
  "That's...a terrible way of thinking." She chuckled softly as she walked up to him. "But...I can see the pain in your voice, in your eyes. So, it's understandable that you would think that way." She stood next to him as she kept looking at the sky. "But, you can't live life alone. That's not how it works. When you live alone the way you have, you have no one to lean on, to shoulder the pin with you. And that's what makes things more painful then needs be. Yes, loosing the ones you love hurts, but holding that sadness and pain inside, not letting it out because you have no one to talk to. It hurts even more, and eventually it'll eat you up from the inside. Slowly. So slowly...." she was looking at the ground now.
  "You...seem like you have experience with this." He stated as he looked at her.
  "Well...I have." She looked at him with a sad smile. "My parents died, a long time ago. When I was born, in fact."
  "But I thought-"
  "No, they aren't my real family." She answered, already knowing what he was going to say. "They were close to my family, so when they passed they took me in." She smiled softly at him. "But it's because of them I was able to love such a happy life. A life where I wasn't alone. A life where I was able to meet you, and fall in love." She looked at the ground. "Even if you don't love me. I'll always love you. That will never change."
  "...Who said I didn't love you." The words left his mouth before he could think.
  "You can't say that," She chuckled as she punched his shoulder. "You have a girlfriend. And it isn't me. Although...." she rested her head on his shoulder. "Hearing you say that...made me really happy."
  He smiled softly as he teleported them back. They were in front of her house. "Hey, Kai." She smiled.
  "Huh?"
  "I think it's time for you to go, don't you think."
  "You...don't want me around...?" The world zoomed out.
  "No, you idiot." She shoved him. "I always want you around...now and always..." she said as she looked at the ring he had given her. He blushed slightly. "But...I think it's time you go help those that need you, don't you think?"
   "...Yeah." He smiled softly. "You're right. I think it is..."