Chapter 2- A new friend?

(Heyo guys. It's ya boy here. I figured the first chapter wasn't a good opening to catch yalls interest, so here's the second chapter with more to come! Ty so much for supporting me! Enjoy!! P.S. Sorry if there are typos, lol)

He walked up to the entrance after getting of the shuttle, passing severeal students, including a blonde haired kid throwing up in a near by trash can.
  As he continued walking the sent of rose's filled his nose. He tsked.
  "I hate the smell of sweet things," he grumbled slightly as he adjusted his sword that was sheathed on his back.
  He didn't have one of those fancy Hunter weapons, at least not anymore. The last one he had, he had received from an Ursa and he had taken it from it's flank, but the blade was old and broke after a few weeks. So he had gotten this from a store not to long before.
As he was walking towards the entrance he looked at the large structure in front of him. He sighed as he headed to the entrance ceremony.

The entrance ceremony was packed and there was almost no space for Zakai to get around. One girl with short black hair ended up getting shoved into him.
"I-I'm sorry!" She stepped away so she wasn't crushed against him. "It's just crowded."
"Uh-huh," was all he replied with, not careing for small talk. She didn't take the hint and continued talking. "Well, it's nice to meet you, I'm-" she was interupted by a man over the speakers. It was Ozpin.
"I'll make this short and sweet..." he started off.
After finishing his speech, Ozpin dismissed everyone to the "barn" where everyone was in their pajamas and getting ready for sleep or conversing with people making friends.
  Zakai was in his pajamas, it was black joggers and a white t-shirt with a black collar. He looked around, making sure no one was paying attention to him. He assumed no one was and he went outside away from everyone.
  He closed his eyes and focused, trying to activate his Semblance. It was working at first, lightining was flowing down his arm and was sparking.
  'Good, now i just need to try and focus shooting it out of my-" his thoughts got interupted by a females voice.
  "What are you doing? You should be inside getting sleep for tommorow."
  He jumped and the lightning dispersed. "Tsk!" He turned around angry at the female and went to yell at her, but what he saw was just a little girl. "Huh-oh...." the smell of roses. He turned around.
  "Well? What were you doing?" She asked, walking closer to him, making him step forward to keep the distance the same. The smell of rose's annoyed him slightly, they smelled too sweet. "You okay?" She asked, sounding worried.
  "Uh-huh," was all he replied with.
  "Uh-huh?" She replied back, questioning his answer.
  "Don't mock me," he turned around to face her to find she was face to face with him. The smell of rose's filled his nostrils and blinded all his other senses. His face became flustered and he took several steps back to which she stepped forward just as many times.
  "What's wrong?" She asked.
  'So innocent as to what this comes off as.' He thought to himself. "It's nothing...you're just really close to my face..."
  "Oh! Sorry." She stepped back a few times, her cheecks slightly red, Zakai paid no mind to it. "I saw you earlier, when we got off the shuttle," she said.
  "Yeah? Well I smelled you." He muttered.
  "I'm sorry? " she replied.
  "Rose's," he muttered. "You smell like rose's." He looked at her.
  "Oh, yeah. Everyone says it smells nice." She smiled. He narrowed his eyes and started walking back to the barn but stopped right next to her.
  "I hate it," he muttered in her ear and continued walking.
(Time skip to next day)

  *Ruby's POV*
  She couldn't stop thinking about what that boy said. "He hates it..." she muttered to herself. A slap on her back brought her back to her senses and her sister, Yang, was looking at her.
  "You okay?" She asked.
  "Yeah, I'm fine," Ruby smiled. Yang hesitated but then trusted her word.
  "Alright, well lets get going, the exam is about to start." Ruby nodded her agremeent.
  They were all getting their gear and weapons ready when Ruby saw the boy from last night. He was wearing black pants, black shoes, a white button shirt with with a black over coat around it with suspenders, and black gloves.
  She wanted to approach him but hesitated, he didn't seem like the 'i like to talk' type. But she soon saw him talking to a girl with short black hair and just happened to 'hear' the conversation.

*Zakai's POV*
Zakai felt irretated, he felt like someone was watching him but couldn't pin point who.
"Oh it's you again!" A familiar voice spoke behind Zakai. He didn't turn around nor pay anymind to the voice. "Helllloooo!" The girl tapped his shoulder this time. He tsked and sighed at the same time and turned around.
"What?" He asked as he closed his locker.
"I never got to introduce myself," she started.
"Yeah? Well I don't care for introductions, they're pointless." He grumbled.
"Don't be such a sour sport," she chuckled which irritated Zakai, but not as much as you'd think.
"Look, I gotta go," he went to turn but she grabbed his wrist. His pupils shrunk and his eyes widened.
"At least tell me your name."
He looked at her and she saw his eyes. She let go of him and he looked away and sighed.
"My name is of no importance, at least not to you."
She sighed. "Fine, I'll leave you be, for now." She still sounded as chip as ever. She walked off and he stared after her.
'Finally, some peace and-'
"Hi," his thoughts were interupted by the new voice and the smell of rose's. He groaned. "So we got off on the wrong foot, but my names Ruby Rose, you can call be Ruby."
"How ironic," he said, putting his left hand on his hip and alooking down at her. He was 5'11 and she was 5'2. "Name's Rose and you smell like rose's."
"Ya think," she laughed softly. "So....what's your name?" He looked at her and stayed silent. "Well?" She asked stepping up and down on her tippy-toes.
He sighed. "My name is...Zakai." He muttered. "Zakai Snyder." Ruby smiled.
"Nice to meet you, Zakai." She put her hand out to shake. He just stared at her hand. "Oookay....well....what's up with your sword? It's....just a sword."
  "Yeah...I bought it from a blacksmith earlier before i came he- wait why am I talking to you?" He frowned.
  "Because you know i won't leave until i get an answer." Ruby replied with a smirk.
  "Fair enough," he grumbled. "Yes, it's just a sword, not even a transforming one. It goes in a sheathe and needs to be unsheathed," as he said this he unsheathed it, revealing the black blade.
  "Ooooo, I like." She touched the blade. "It's very pretty and shiney," she ran her finger up and down the blade, accidently cutting herself while doing so. "Ouch! Sharp t-" he grabbed her hand and looked at the cut. His sudden grabbing her hand caused her to blush slightly.
  "Idiot, why'd you run your finger up and down a sword, any person with common sense would know this would happen." He reached into his back pocket and pulled out a band-aid, placing it over the cut.
  "Huh," she looked at it. "And here i expected you to be a meanie."
  "A what?" He looked at her confused. 'Oh wait, she is still just a kid, 15 at least.' He thought to himself. "Yeah...so everyone says."
  "So, you have any friends?" She asked, hands behind her back and stepping back and forth on her tippy-toes once again, looking like a kid asking their parent for a new toy.
  "Friends are a waste of time. They just disguise themselves as friends so they can use you." Zakai muttered.
  "No, thats not true," Ruby smiled walking up closer to him till they were face to face and the smell of rose's surronded him. "Friendship is about likeing a person for their failings, their weakness. It's about mutual help, not exploitation." His eyes widened. "Just remember that, because," she smiled brightly. "I see you as a friend, and I wish for you to see me as one too." She walked off, leaving Zakai alone with a small blush on his face. He shook his head to clear it away.
  "Yeah...see you later," he grumbled, but loud enough for her to hear. She turned her head to him and smiled once again. "Well, time to get going." He screatched the back of his head.
(Time skip)
  "The point of this exam is to find your way to the ruins and grab a chess piece. Along the way the first person you see shall be your partner for the rest of your time at Beacon." Ozpin explained. There where several sounds of dissagreement from the students, but before any questions could be asked the first student was catipulted into the forest.
  It was nearly Zakai's turn when he heard a familiar voice call his name.
  "Hey Zakai." It was Ruby. He made eye contact with her.
  "Oh I was wondering where you were, I didn't smell rose's." She chuckled at this, seeing as how his way of knowing she was near was by her smell of rose's.
  "Just wanted to say good luck." She said.
  "Uh-huh, thanks." He said as he was launched. He had both his hands in his pockets at the time, and he didn't really have a landing strategy, but he unsheathed his sword, holding it in his left hand, seeing as how he was left handed, and stabbed it into the ground as he landed, slowing down his momentum so he wouldnt end up loosing balance and hitting a tree or rock.
  "Well...time to go get one of those chess pieces," he took off in a sprint.