Chapter 47- Kneel....or die!

IronWood stared out his window, watching over all of Mantle.
  "Sir," Winter walked up to him. "I'm confused. That boy, Zakai. Why did you send him on the mission that one of your commanders could have done? I mean, you told the commander he was off the mission, why is that?"
  He looked at her with a serious face. "Because. That boy, and his Grimmification, Oz once told me about it. That isn't a curse, or whatever he thinks it may be. It's a power, similar to that of what Salem has. It allows him to control the Grimm."
  "Cont-but how? How does he control them? How did he get the power?"
  "Well, Oz told me there are several ways to get the power. One was like Salem, however in order to survive that....transformation, you'd have to be immortal like her, which he is not. The other way, is by having it bestowed upon you, which I think is how he got it."
  "Then who bestowed it upon him?" She asked, wanting to know more.
  "I...I do not know." He turned to her. "But one thing I do know, is that we could use that power. He could help us in the battle to come."
  "How?" Winter asked. "He's just one boy."
  "Yes, one boy with the power to control an army of Grimm at his command."
  "You don't mean...."
  "Yes," he replied. "We're going to make an army of Grimm that fights for us, and he is the key to that."

  The truck bounced up and down as it drove towards their destination. Zakai had been silent ever sense he made his promise, but the others spoke among each other. They sounded chipper, like they were no longer scared.
  Zakai looked at his Grimm like arm and a wave of sadness washed over him, but that wave soon vanished as Salem spoke in his head.
  'Zakai. What are you doing? Where is Ruby and the others?"
  'They're on a different mission then me. Something to do with a mine and clearing Grimm.'
  'Tsk. I told you to be my eyes. You need to watch what I tell you to watch.'
  'You told me nothing, Salem.' Her voice went silent at that. 'I know it was you who hurt me. Killed my family...or rather it was your pets that did it. But still, it's your fault. But I'm not mad. You are my Queen, and I shall assist you. Just let me do my job, then I'll help you with yours. Trust me. You have an eternity to wait.' That got a small chuckle from her.
  'Alright then. Until then, stay safe.'
  'Will do.'
  "Hey Mr. Snyder," Sophie spoke to him.
  "Yeah?" He looked over at her.
  "We're here." He could see the fear in her eyes. No...he could smell it. It made his heart pound. He could smell everyone's fear.
  "Alright. Well then take me to where I need to-" at that the truck got knocked over onto its side.
  Everyone but Zakai screamed. He braced himself and pressed his body into a corner to prevent himself from being flipped. The others weren't as smart, as they flipped with the truck and hit the wall hard.
  "Are y'all okay?" He asked as they all started getting up. But before they could reply the driver yelled from the front.
  "The truck is under attack from Grimm! They broke through the border! That means we're the only line of defense left!"
  "What?!" Sophie panicked. "What about HQ? Are they gone too?"
  "I don't know. I'm getting radio silence across all channels. Something must have happened to the signals.
  "Damnit! What do we do?" Parker asked.
  "What else is there to do?" Zakai asked as he opened the back doors. He reached into his pouch and pulled out a small crystal. He squeezed it tight in his left hand and it became a sword. "We fight until we kill them all." At that he jumped out and slashed the head off a Griffin as it flew by.
  The others, although hesitant, soon followed after him.
  "Sophie, you have a sniper, right? Try and get to high ground. Scout out what you can see. Hanji, go with her. Protect her while she scouts. The rest of us, we'll be down here holding them off as much as possible." A smile appeared on his face as he pulled out a second sword and twirled them around in his hands. "And don't go dying on me," he finished as he tossed the sword into the air, penetrating the wing of a Griffon. It crashed into the ground, still alive, his sword in its wing. He ran towards it, wanting the blade back.
It let out a roar as it saw the approaching threat, yet it did nothing. Just stood there. He noticed this and slowed down to a jog. "What the-" the Griffon was looking at him, and he felt that it was speaking to him.
Don't hurt me
He heard it speak in his head and his heart sank. It bowed down to him and lowered its wing, allowing him to retrieve his blade.
Please, don't let them kill us. It looked over at the others that were with Zakai. We are only doing as Salem wishes. And you know that. I can feel her presence with you.
"I-I'm sorry...I can't let you live. Because then...they'll all die." He looked back at them, fighting the Grimm.
Command us, and we shall listen, Commander.
It bowed once again. He narrowed his eyes, but did as he was told. He walked to the middle of the battle field.
"Kai! What are you doing!" Sophie called out. "Look out! There's a gri-"
"ENOUGH!" He yelled. His voice echoed around the battle field and everything came to a halt. The Grimm and the battle.
"W-Wha?" Sophie looked around, as well as Hanji, Parker, and Riley. They looked scared and confused.
  "Kai," Parker began. "What did you just do? I-is this your semblance?"
  Zakai laughed softly at that. "No, this is....something I just figured out...." he looked at the Grimm before him, he heard their thoughts, or rather, their language.
Did he just tell us to stop?
  Why are we listening?
  Kill. Kill. Kill!
  Kill them!
  "Watch your tone with me!" Zakai hissed at them all, they all seemed to jump at the fact that he heard them.
  "You have two options." He spoke to all the Grimm, looking them all in the eye. "Kneel....or die!"
  The Grimm looked at each other, confused. The Griffon who had spoken to him before had already kneeled, and once the Grimm saw that, they began to bow, some taking longer than others.
  They knew that if they didn't listen, they would surely die.
  "Good," Zakai smiled. "Now as your new...commander," he smiled, ripping the sleeve where his Grimm arm was, showing it off. "I'm going to make you some promises...."
"What are you doing!" Salem's voice echoed in his head. "They're mine!!"
  "Unlike Salem," he ignored her. "I won't send you to meaningless deaths. You may be Grimm, but you now belong to me. You will live peacefully, not to harm ANY! Do you understand! Any breaking of the rule will lead to utter annihilation. DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR!" They all nodded their heads in understanding. He felt the atmosphere change around them as well, like they respected him, and they no longer had to die, and they knew that.
  The red that covered their body slowly turned blue, along with their eyes.
  "This is gonna be fun." He smiled, Riley, Parker, Hanji, and Sophie at his side.