Chapter 31- Thank you, again

In a snowy area, a train horn could be heard blaring in the distance

In a snowy area, a train horn could be heard blaring in the distance. The train zoomed by a mountainside as it was being chased by winged Grimm called known as Manticore. Zakai watched as one of them flies in but gets shot down by Ruby Rose before she cut it up. The Grimm dissolved and she posed with her scythe behind her back.

"She's so hot," Zakai said to himself with a smile as he jumped up and tossed his weapon at one of the Grimm, stabbing it through its wing.
He yanked the chain and it came crashing down. As it flew past him he yanked his blade out and twisted and tossed his chain around its neck. He grabbed it with both hands and began riding it through the sky.
"Zakai! Be careful!" Ruby called to him.
"I'll be fi-" He was interrupted as another Manticore came flying at him, knocking him off the other. He hit the roof of the train and his chain fell with a clank around him. His blade stabbed into the train a few feet away from him.

Meanwhile, a Manticore tried to attack Ruby from behind, but it was stopped by large shards of ice that sent it to crashing into the mountain. Weiss Zoomed by on her Glyphs, giving Zakai a smile that said "you look like a fool".
"Thank me later!" She said to Ruby as she proceeded forward to take down two more Manticores. Meanwhile, Blake used swung into the air. "Incoming!" She yelled.
She wraped her ribbon around the neck of a Manticore, allowing Yang to punch through it, causing it to dissipate.
They both landed back on the train, standing next to each other.
"Good to see you're not rusty," Yang jested to Blake as they continued taking down Manticores.
Zakai got up with a huff and grabbed his blade from out the train. The chain wrapped back around his arm and he too started taking down manticores.
A few train cars down Zakai could see Jaune and Ren, as well as Oscar all climbing to the top of the train to join the battle, but Oscar began to run off to the front of the train."Why is it always something?" Nora complained
"Just keep it towards the back!" Ruby replied in earnest.
  As Zakai got looked around, he saw another Manticore charge at him. He jumped and twirled and slashed its neck. It evaporated into black dust as he landed and twirled the blade in his hand for fun.
  "Come on, who's next?" He smirked as he hopped from foot to foot. He got to wrapped up in himself to realize the Manticore charging behind him.
  "Kai! Look o-!" Ruby was to slow to warn him.
  He got grabbed in its claws as it took him into the air.
  "Oh damnit! Not agaiiiiiinnnnn!!" He yelled as he was taken away.
  Once again, he was taken away by a Grimm. This time he was being carried around and through the forest. "Let go!" He swung his chain on his arm around its neck and yanked. It was forced down and crashed into a tree, releasing its grip on him and sending him flying.
  "OH NOOOOO!!" He hit the ground, bounced up and hit a tree branch, then hit the ground again and slammed into a tree. "ACK!" The wind was knocked out of him and the world went black.

  When he came to the air was silent and snow was falling from the sky, covering the forest in a thick blanket of white. He was half buried in the snow and shivering.
  "What happened?" He spoke to himself as he scratched his head. "...Oh yeah," he muttered. "That Grimm." He sighed as he stood up and looked around.
  "Uh-huh....Uh-huh...Yep. I have no idea we're I am." He bollocked.
  He began walking in the endless white of the snow, wondering and searching for anything or anyone. Of course he knew the chances of that were slim, seeing as how it was next to a mountain and no one would live around here.
  He walked for who knows how many hours. He didn't. Time lost meaning. He was freezing, hugging his body to try and keep warm. He had slowed down significantly and it was beginning to be difficult to move his feet through the snow.
  It wasn't long before he collapsed to his knees, his vision blurring. "This...is it...isn't...it...." The last Thing he heard before passing out was the crunching of snow.
Footsteps??

The fire crackled, awaking Zakai. He shot up in an instant, analyzing his surroundings. The place looked familiar. With a wooden circular table in the middle of the room, an axe hanging over the red brick fire place, which was no longer red, but stained with black ash.
"Old man?" Zakai asked.
"Indeed," The familiar voice replied, and the man cane out of the kitchen with a warm glass of what smelled to be tea.
"Wait. But how? Are we back at Beacon?" That was where he first met the old man after all.
"Not at all, we're still in the middle of the forest where I found you passed out and dying from the cold. Luckily I found you, so you know the rest." He gave Zakai the tea as he was talking.
"Ah, I see...," was all Zakai replied with.
After a short silence the man grabbed two stones that were on the table. They were the crystals Zakai grabbed from the cave.
"Where did you get these?" He asked.
"Huh? Oh....yeah....." he looked at them and smiled sadly. He hadn't known it then, because his memories were still locked up, but he had found his home. And the cave where he had his first kiss. "Those are glowing crystals I found in a cave back where I use to live."
"There was a cave of these?" The old man asked, eyes wide.
"Yes...why? Are they some magical thing?"
"No, they're just an extremely rare type of Ore. it's unbreakable."
"Oh? That's what you shoulda made your sword out of then." Zakai joked.
"It's not broken!" He demanded. "Oh, speaking of which, do you still have it? My sword?"
"Yeah, right here," he grabbed it, showing him the chain. The old man took the weapon and smirked.
  "Thanks, you don't need it anymore."
  "AWK! What do you mean, I don't need it anymore?"
  "Simple," he started. "I'm going to make you new ones. Better ones." As he said this, the man started a flame over what looked like a make shift forge. It had an anvil and a flame that Zakai could tell burned nearly as hot as the sun.
  He watched as the man tinkered for hours. Sparks flying in the air after each hit on the seething hot blades.
  When he was finished, he handed the blades over to him. They took the breath from his lungs.
  They were black with a glowing green design around the blade. The blade itself wasn't to long or too short, nor was it to wide or too thin. (The blades in the picture)
  "Wow....," Zakai was at a loss for words.
  "Ah, I see. Stunned at my craftsmanship?" The old man smirked.
  "No. Not really."
  "AWK!"
  "I'm just kidding. Yes, they're beautiful." He grabbed the two blades. And held them. "Amazing! They're as light as a feather."
  "But sharper than a Beowulf's claws. Oh, before I forget." He handed Zakai a white bag.
  "What's this?" He asked.
  "Just hook it on your belt. It's got thousands of more tiny little crystals in it. Pull one out and squeeze it, and it'll turn into the blade you are holding in your hand."
  "Amazing!" Zakai was extremely excited at the idea. He shrunk the blades in his hands back into small little sword shaped crystals and put them in the bag. He may not have the broken sword anymore, but he still has the chain around his arm under his sleeve. Talk about a hidden weapon, right?
  "How can I ever repay you?"
  "Oh, how about just stopping by and visiting me every so often?"
  "Oh can do! You saved my life twice now, and gave me amazing weapons."
  "Oh! So you admit my broken blade was amazing?"
  "Yes, I do," Zakai sighed in defeat. But it was An amazing weapon.
  "Well, I'm sure you must leave soon in order to catch up to your friends, but I dont think you want to go out there not dressed for the whether."
"Definitely not," Zakai agreed. "I nearly froze to death."
"Here, take this coat." He handed Zakai a nice looking white coat that definitely looked expensive.
"I can't accept that." Zakai protested. "It looks way to valuable!"
"Nonsense, take it." The old man pushed it towards him in determination. Zakai continued to try and protest, but alas he failed and ended up taking it and putting it on.
"Ah, it suits you." The old man smiled softly. "Now take this too." The old man began digging around in a drawer until he finally pulled out a blue scarf that seemed to glow an omniscient blue.
  "Woah...." Zakai starred at it in awe.
  "Indeed," the old man smiled softly. "My wife wove this scarf long ago. She wore it only once before she...." the man fell silent.
  "I'm sorry...." he said softly.
  "Nothing to be sorry for. Take it, please." Zakai didn't argue over this. He just took it and wrapped it around his neck. It was extremely warm.
  The old man then gave him some new boots that had fur inside to keep him warm.
  Zakai stepped outside. The what was once cold seemed to be no more. He breathed out and sure enough he still saw his breathe. "Wow..." He was amazed at how warm he was.
   "Thank yo-" when he turned around to thank the man and ask his name, the house he was once in was gone, along with the old man.
  "Well...time to find everyone." And with that, Zakai took his first step to finding his friends.