Chapter 23- I wont lose you too...

"Oh...uh...Hi," the strange boy replied sheepishly.
  "Yo," Zakai  put his middle finger and pointer finger together pressed them to his forehead and saluted him.
  "Who is this uncle Qrow?" Ruby asked confused as she eyed the new guy.
  "Well, introduce yourself," Qrow said with a grin.
  "Oh...my name's Oscar. But...y'all may know me as Ozpin."
  "What?!" Everyone but Qrow And Zakai said in sync.
  "Who?" Was what Zakai had said. This, of course, caused everyone to look at him with a confused expression. It was obvious what they where thinking. It was the "how do you not know him" look. "Just kidding," he recovered himself. Hearing a relived sigh come from Ruby.
  As of right now, Ruby is the only one that knows Zakai has lost his memory. And they both want to keep it that way, if only for a little longer.
"I thought Ozpin died during the fall of Beacon?" Rin stated.
"Yeah. And Ozpin was old and grown. This kid is...young and small." Nora added.
"Hey..." Oscar seemed to want to argue about being called small, but she wasn't wrong.
Zakai stared at the boy, his eyes narrowed. Oscar seemed to feel the gaze on him, as he turned his head and made eye contact. He smiled sheepishly, nervous at the gaze that was being casted on him.
Zakai walked up to him. He towered over Oscar by at least a foot and a half, and he could sense the unease coming from Oscar.
"Sup," Zakai smiled, lighting up the mood. "The name's Zakai, but you can just call me Kai."
"O-okay." Oscar thought how weird this kid seemed. And yet he also had a strange feeling deep in his heart that was telling him something was wrong. Something was missing. Even though Oscar had never met this guy, he seemed familiar, and yet as Oscar looked in his eyes, he noticed that they lacked the light of familiarity. Not at him, but at all those around him. He could tell there was an internal conflict going on.
"That's Ruby, Yang, Weiss, Nora, Rin, Juan, and I'm sure you know Qrow." As Zakai said their names he pointed to each individual. "So where are you from?"
"Well...I was raised on a farm by my aunt, and that's where I spent all my life until now."
"Ah, I see." Zakai put his hand on his hip. "What brings you all the way here then?"
"Well...like I said earlier. My name is Oscar, but I have another person inside me, and y'all know him as Ozpin."
"So..Ozpin didn't die?" Yang asked. She had been sitting silently trying to fathom what was going on. She finally decided to speak when she couldn't figure it out.
"I...I don't know. Yes? No? Sort o-" Oscars eyes flashed green and when he blinked the atmosphere around him seemed different. More mature and grown, full of wisdom. "I think it would be best if I explained the situation." It was Ozpin speaking. Everyone looked shocked, all except Zakai and Qrow at least. "This may take some time to explain. So please, grab a snack."

"So...what you're saying is that you died and reincarnated into him?" Nora spoke, though it sounded more as a question.
"Yes."
"That's weird."
"It is."
"So what happens to the boy?" It was Zakai who spoke. He was leaned against a wall with his hands in his pockets.
"What do you mean?"
"I mean what happens to Oscar? Now that you're inside of him, both of your souls, what will happen to him? Will he still be himself?"
"Yes, of course."
"Cool," he didn't believe him. There was something off about this Ozpin guy. Almost as if he was hiding something. He decided to leave it be for now and walk outside. "I'm going for a walk," he waved everyone off as the door shut behind him.
The night air was chilly on his skin, thought it was refreshing. Almost like eating a mint and then drinking water.
Zakai was happy, mostly because of the reunion that has come up. With Yang, Weiss, and Ruby. Though he also knew there was a deep anguish surrounding them. Someone was missing, and it was Blake.
When the three of them were together, you could feel the anguish like a black hole sucking all in who were unfortunate enough to get to close. He hated that feeling...especially when Ruby, the girl who was always smiling, gave off that feeling.
"Tsk, there's gotta be something I could do."
Zakai gripped his sword and looked onward, past the mountains. He thought about leaving, going to find Blake for them, just so they could all be happy again. Just as he took a step to jump off the balcony and run, a hand grabbed his wrist and pulled him into a hug.
"Don't leave me."
The girl sounded scared, sad, and angry at the same time. The smell of roses enveloped his senses, and he immediately knew it was Ruby.
"What do you mean?"
"Don't leave me, Zakai. I don't know what I'd do if I lost you again...if you forgot about me again, if you didn't return... Just thinking about it, I don't like it. It scares me, it makes my heart scream and cry, it makes me c-"
A kiss from Zakai silenced her as he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her closer. She, too, wrapped her arms around him, as she stepped on her tippy toes to get more of a taste for his lips.
"I'm not going anywhere." His soft voice was southing to Ruby's ears. Her face all red and a smile on her face. She leaned onto his chest and listened to his fast beating heart.
"Good..."
Silenced surrounded them, all except for the blowing of the night breeze.
"I..I think I love you..."
It was Ruby who broke the peaceful silence, and it was with a line Zakai thought he'd never hear...again....

*Ten Years before*

"Hey Kai!"
  "Yue?!"
  The girl he'd called big sis was now in front of him. She was back from hunting and had a big smile across her face. Though it soon vanished as she spoke.
  "Why don't you call me big sis anymore? I miss that voice. 'Big Sis! You're back! Yay, what did you get for me today?' Like that." She squatted down a little to be eye level with him. She was 13 and he was 7
  "S-S-Shut up!" He blushed deeply. His friends that he was with all laughed at him.
  "Aww, looks like Zakai is in love." They all teased him saying he was in love with Yue. He tried to deny it, but he couldn't get a word in.
  "You love her!" They all laughed one last time before running off, leaving Zakai pouting.
  "What's wrong, Kai?"
  "Tsk!" He looked at her, tears in his eyes. She immediately regretted what she had done and looked down.
  "I-I'm sorry..." she stood back up. She went to walk away when Zakai grabbed her wrist.
  "I'm not crying cause I'm mad at you..." As he spoke he stepped closer to her, still holding her wrist. "I'm crying because...because everyone just told you how I felt!"
  Yue's eyes opened wide and her face blushed a deep crimson.
  "Wh-What?" She was stuttering for words. She was surprised at his statement, not knowing how to react.
  "I know...I'm stupid...for harboring feelings like this for someone older than me...but I can't help it. Every time you leave, it makes my heart scream, makes it cry. It makes me cry. Like what if you never return? What if you decide to just leave. What if you die. I can't help but think these everyone you leave. And I can't help but-"
  Yue squatted down and embraced him in a hug.
  "Oh Kai...I think...I think I love you too... guess I'm stupid too, huh...?"

                                     *Present*

  Tears filled Zakais eyes as he embraced Ruby tightly.
  "I won't lose you too..."
  "Huh?" She hadn't heard him clear.
  "I said I love you too."
  Ruby's face turned red. She had said it, yet she hadn't expected Zakai to say it. So hearing it come out of his mouth made her....happy. Extremely so.
  "So...does this mean..."
  Ruby looked up at him, into his gray eyes that used to seem so dull, but are no filled with light. One could say they even looked silver.
  "I don't know."
  He shrugged his shoulders sarcastically.
  "What do you mean...?"
  "I never asked you. I never let a girl say we're dating when I never asked her. So now I'm asking. Ruby, will be my girlfriend?"
  Ruby's face turned even redder, which one would think would have been impossible at how red it was to begin with.
  She was mostly surprised at how he acted. How nicely he treated others, and she realized she only wanted him to treat her like that. She knew it was selfish, but she didn't care. Her feelings for him were real, and they were strong. She didn't want anyone else to develop these feelings for him, because she wants him all to herself.
Good...take care of her, Zakai....
The voice of the old Zakai spoke in his head. He didn't need to reply, as the answer was already obvious, he would fight for her, even if it meant he would die.