Chapter 9- Don't make me laugh....

A few weeks have passed since Zakai had gotten his new weapon. He had basically mastered it in only 2 days.
He hasn't hung out with Ruby and the gang for a while, causing him to miss out on a fight with Weiss and Blake, which didn't bother him. It wasn't his problem.
Apparently no one knew that she was a Fauness, which surprised Zakai. The signs where almost obvious, how could they not tell?
Well anyway, Zakai was training in his room/shed when Ozpin walked in.
"You could at least knock," Zakai said as he continued swinging the blades in sword mode.
"But you knew I was coming, so why bother?" Ozpin stated.
"Fair enough. What do you want?" He asked.
"It's not what I want, it's what you want," Ozpin said with a smirk.
"I don't speak riddles," Zakai frowned.
"The upcoming Vale Festival, would you like to participate in it?"
"Can't. I have no team," Zakai said quickly.
"I'm asking you if you would like to participate. I am well aware you have no team, but the fact I asked should hint that I am allowing you participate on your own if you so wish."
"I don't think so. Four on one, I cant win that," Zakai stated.
  "You think so?" Ozpin asked.
  "I know so," he replied.
  "Well that's not what I think," Ozpin started. "I think that you can win, in fact, I know you can. Especially if you tried your hardest."
  "Ha," Zakai laughed. "Really? Me? Win? Come on, Ozzy, I think your eyes are failing you, that, or your intuition is wrong."
  Ozpin chuckled and smiled. "My intuition is never wrong, trust me. Just participate."
  "....I'll think about it.....," Zakai said softly.
  'Though I don't think I'm going to do it.' He thought to himself as Ozpin left. He couldn't have been more wrong.

  "I can't believe I actually did this," Zakai yelled as he dodged a heavy attack from a student from Atlas.
  "Come on, aren't you going to fight back, or are you just going to continue running?" A female mocked. She used duel pistols that turned into knifes.
  The person who attacked him didn't speak. He just had a giant buster sword that transformed into a rocket launcher.
  "Well four on one is hardly a fight! It's a slaughter," Zakai replied as he dodged another attack, this one was several bullets from the girl with two guns. Zakai hasn't even drawn his weapon yet. He just kept dodging.
  'Damn it, why did I do this!' He thought as he jumped away from another slam attack from the giant sword.
  "Humph!" The big guy switched his sword to a rocket launcher and shot at Zakai.
  "Tsk!" He jumped over it and it exploded behind him. As soon as both his feet his the ground, the buster sword dude and his little friend with two guns were on top of him. He got hit with the buster sword then roundhouse kicked by the girl, sending him flying back.
   Zakai hit the ground several times as he bounced a few yards away.
  He hacked several times as he got up slowly, holding his left arm.
  "Fight, or die," a kid with an electric bow staff said as he walked up to Zakai.
  "Die? I don't think that's what's gonna happen, I'll just lose," he frowned at the kid.
  "Wow, you aren't even going to try?" A girl with a grenade launcher asked as she walked up to him.
  Their whole team was walking towards Zakai. He looked up at the giant screen above them. His Aura had barely gone down.
  'Strange, those attack's hurt....'
  He looked back at them and sighed.
  "Why does it matter to you what I do?" He asked as he grabbed his weapon from behind his back. "If I want to lose, let me lose. It's an easy win for you. If I want to win, I suggest you surrender." His voice was cold as he twirled the blades in his hand.
  "Oh, cocky now are we," the grenade launcher  girl chuckled. "I can handle him on my-" Zakai kicked off the ground and was instantly in front of her.
  "Don't get cocky now," he whispered in her ear as he slashed her with the blade in his right hand then again with the left. He finished it off with a kick that sent her flying back and out of bounds.
"Come on, don't just stand there and do nothing. You wanted a fight, so let's fight," he put the two blades together to make a double sided blade staff and twirled it around. He looked a lot like Ruby spinning her Scythe.
"Come on guys, it's still three on one, he just got Theo by surprise. But we can take him," the kid with the electric bow staff snarked.
"If you think so," Zakai smiled as he twirled the staff between his fingers.
They all charged at him at once. Zakai  twirled the staff and himself and slashed down just as the buster sword guy did a downward strike. It intercepted the attack and sent the buster sword straight to the ground. Zakai jumped on top of it, to which the guy reacted by swinging upward again, sending Zakai flying in the air, feet in the air and head toward the ground.
The duel pistol girl started shooting at him, to which Zakai reacted by transforming his weapon back into duel swords and slashing the bullets mid fall.
When he was about to make contact with the ground he twisted his body to land feet first, sliding back a little bit. The other team didn't stop their attacks. They came at him again, the bow staff guy came first, spinning the staff and making several tries to hit Zakai, who easily parried them with his blades.
During one parry, Zakai saw an opening and did several quick slashes, depleting the kids Aura.
Quickly turning around, he blocked an incoming sneak attack from the pistol girl who switched her pistols to daggers.
"How the hell did he sense me? I used my semb-ACK!" Zakai uppercutted her in the gut, knocking the wind out of her.
The buster sword guy swung at him. With no way to dodge and impossible to block such a heavy attack, Zakai braced himself for impact, and it came hard, sending him flying several yards.
  He skidded on his feet, and attempted to gain balance, but the girl had other plans. She shot at him with one pistol, keeping him off balance, and was closing in on him with the dagger in the other.
He did his best to parry the bullets, but was hit by a few, and once she was up close she did an upward kick that sent his hands into the air and his weapon out of his hand.
"You shouldn't have been so cocky," the buster sword guy smirked as he took a swing at Zakai.
'No! I can't lose!'
Blue electricity erupted around his hands and in a bright flash it dispersed. The sound of two swords slamming together echoed around the silent stadium.
  Dust was in the air, hiding view from the fighters. And when it cleared there was Zakai, and in his hand, a large black and red buster sword that blocked the other.

  "What the-Where'd that come from?!" The guy jumped back

"What did he just do?" Professor Goodwhich asked in shock to Ozpin. "Where did that weapon come from?"
"I've never seen anything like that, though I have heard stories," Ozpin stated in mild surprise. "I thought his semblance was transforming an object in his hand into a weapon, but he just created a weapon out of thin air." Ozpin narrowed his eyes. "It reminds me of the story about the boy who could shape Aura to his desire."
"I thought that was a fable, a fairy tale," she said.
"I did too....," Ozpin said quietly.

"And the victor of this match is Zakai Snyder!!!" The announcements rang in the arena as people went wild. "Not only did he fight four on one and win, he also came out of it with only two quarters of his Aura depleted!"
The crowd erupted into cheers. Zakai scratched the back of his head and looked at the ground. The buster sword in his hand dispersed in a flash of electricity and vanished. He went and picked up his weapon that had been knocked out his hand and sheathed it behind his back.
'Stop cheering, y'all are to loud,' He thought as he walked out the arena to the concession stands where they sell food and other useless things.
  The smell of roses approached him quickly and he sighed.
  "What...was...that!!!???" Ruby asked as she appeared in front of him at high speed. "That was awesome! How did you make that sword? Where did it come from?!" She was jumping up and down.
  "I-,"
  "Calm down Ruby. He may not want to talk about it," Blake interrupted.
  "Awww," Ruby pouted.
  "Oh hush Ruby, it may be a secret weapon. And I wouldn't want to reveal my secret weapon, then everyone would be expecting it." Weiss said.
  "True....but....you'll tell me, right Zakai?" Ruby looked at him with puppy dog eyes.
  "No," he said flatly.
  "What? How could you do this to me?!" She acted like she was going to faint.
  "Why would I not?" He asked.
  "Because I'm your friend," she smiled.
  He made a weird sound in his throat and looked away.
  "That's.....not a reason to tell you," he mumbled.
  "Wait...did you just agree that we were friends?" She asked in shock.
  "What? No!" He lied. "Don't make me laugh, I don't have any friends."
"Oh sure," Yang smirked as she jokingly punched his arm. "Even if you don't want us, you're stuck with us," she gave a thumbs up, to which Zakai groaned.