Chapter 41- Cat and Mouse

"So," she smiled at me. Her eyes filled with love and kindness. "How do you like it here?" She asked as I ate the food she made.
  I had been here for a few months now, and...it was great....
  "I like it here," I smiled softly. "It's peaceful and I'm happy here...it's so calm." I looked her in her eyes. Her...her beautiful eyes....
  "I'm glad," she smiled brightly. Her beautiful smile. "And I see that you're a lot calmer now."
  "I guess," I shrugged. She was right. I had calmed down a lot, and I found it harder and harder to get angry. To want to burn this world down. To kill...
  "I have a question," I broke from my own thoughts.
  "Yeah?" She tilted her head.
  "Well...we've been staying together for a few months now...so, I just wanted to ask...."
  "Ask what?" She seemed a bit excited.
  "If you wanted to be my girlfriend." I mumbled, knowing she already knew the question I was going to ask.
  "Yes!" She ran up and hugged me.

"Hey honey," I smiled as I walked through the door.
"Hey!" She smiled back at me. That beautiful smile I fell in love with...that smile I want to see everyday for the rest of my life. "How was work?" She asked.
"It was fine, I guess," I replied. "I mean, we had a huge important company manager stop by and visit. So things got kinda wild."
"Oh? Did you impress him?" She asked.
"Hmm. What's the word that's the opposite of impress?"
"Unimpressed?"
"There you go."
"What did you do?" She frowned at me, but amusement was in her eyes. She knew it was the beginning of a joke.
"See, I was moving a crate and when I picked it up he said I could carry more. I told him I would be able to carry more, but my wife had broken my back last night asking me to carry her across the house."
"WHA-" she threw a spoon at me, smacking me right in the nose.
"OW!"
"That! Wasn't a funny joke. Not like the other ones." She frowned as she put a hand to her stomach. "Do you really think I'm fat?" She asked sadly.
"No! I was just joking." I walked up to her and put my hand on her big belly. "The fat one is inside of you." That got a chuckle out of her.
"What do you think we should name him?" She asked.
"I don't know. Something powerful though. That would be perfect."

The void surrounded me once again....My dreams were always like this.
So cold.
So empty.
So dark.
So alone.
I felt a rush of wind fly past me, and I immediately knew what it was. But the fire inside me merely sparked before dying out once again.
"Leo!" The dragon roared as it circled around me, encompassing me like a snake would coil its prey.
"Oh. It's you again," I grumbled. "What do you want from me?" I asked. "I'm not going to try and kill you anymore. So just leave me alone."
"That's the problem." It seemed to scold me. "I gave you my power. And in exchange you would hunt me and bring me joy in the game."
"Game?" My eyes narrowed.
"A game of angry cat and powerful mouse."
"What are you talking about?" I demanded more than I asked.
"Haha! Simple. I burn your village and everyone you know to ash. And you get angry. Kill anyone in your way until you find me. Just for me to escape and the cycle to repeat."
"You think this is game?!" I hissed.
"You thought it wasn't!" It raised its voice at me. "How dare you take my power and not use it! You shall be punished, Leo! I've told you once before. It is only the beginning!"
"No! Don't come near me or my wife!"
"Wife?" It seemed to grin. My eyes widened in horror at what I had just done.

"YUE!" I shot awake, sweat pouring down my body vigorously.
"Leo?!" I had awoken her with my sudden burst. "Are you okay?" She asked. Her eyes full of worry. I looked at her and a tear ran down my face.
"Yeah...I'm sorry," I said as I sipped the tear away. "It was just a bad dream...that's all."
"Aww," she snuggled up to me. Her breath was nice and cool on my neck. "I love you," she whispered in my ear.
"I love you too," I smiled softly as I drifted into a dreamless sleep.

"...p....ke up!.....WAKE UP! Leo!!" Yue shook me awake.
"Y-Yue!" I got up out of bed. She was still in her night gown and I only had shorts on. We hadn't left the house, nor had she told me what was going on. But the smell of smoke and the screams of people outside already told me.
"We have to leave!" I said as I took her hand in mine.

((Yeah this chapters short. But it's because it's leading to the climax. Haha! Cliffhanger)