Chapter 15- My weapon

Zakai awoke in a bed that wasn't his own in a room he never been in before. He shot up in defense.
"Take it easy, young one," a man spoke to him. "You were severely injured when I found you, and your Aura was completely depleted. So who knows how much true damage you sustained."
"....who are you?" Zakai asked
  "Me? Just an old man who helps those in need when he can."
  Zakai looked around at the small room they were in. "Am...I the only one here?" He asked. 
  "Yes, you where the only survivor I saw left behind out there." The man answered.
  "I was...alone..." Zakai looked down.
"Indeed, but not in a way you think. You saved everyone in that town. Every single one of them."
"Really? Well that's good...," he smiled.
  "Indeed. However, there is a problem. I did some scans and tests on you, and I saw that you're suffering from memory loss."
  "Memory loss?"
  "Indeed, though it doesn't seem to be from injury, it seems to be induced. Mayhaps a semblance?"
  "I...wouldn't know...I don't know anyone with that semblance."
  "You don't? Hmm...indeed, indeed. Ah, I see. So to my conclusion....you may never get those memories back."
  "What?! B-but those are my memories! I'm sure they're precious to me!"
  "Indeed I'm sure they are, but a semblance like this can be tricky. I do not know how strong the person is, so I cannot tell you if the semblance will wear off or not."
  "What?! So I may never get my memories back?" The man shrugged a reply.
  "I do not know. They may resurface sometimes. Mayhaps as a dream or as a flashback. Or maybe they may come back on their own. I do not know. But it's best never to get your hopes up, as if you get them too high, they may come crashing down on you."
  Zakai tsked. "Well I need to get going," he went to walk out the door.
  "Not without a weapon," the old man said, tossing an old sword that was broken in half at him.
   "A broken sword?" Zakai asked. "Is this a joke?"
  "That sword is more then it looks. It uses dust to-"
  "It's broken," Zakai interrupted.
  "Humph. It was my weapon when I was a hunter. So I think it'll suite you just fine. It's made of an indestructible metal so it shou-"
  "It's...broken...," Zakai interrupted again. 
  "RAGH! Let me finish!" The old man reared in anger. "It was made to look like that. It's not broken."
  "So a half built sword is supposed to save me?"
"Just...ugh! Kids these days. So ungrateful."
Zakai laughed softly. "I'm joking old man. Thank you," he smiled. "I'll take care of it."
Zakai went to open the door.
"See ya around, kid." The old man said.
"You too, old man." He walked out the door to find himself in a forest of green and tall trees. 
  "Well...guess I gotta go find them...whoever they are," he said as he hooked the sword to his belt, a lot like Ruby's scythe. The sword was in a black sheathe that covered the edges but didn't consume the full length of the sword.
  The silence of the forests was calming to Zakai. The rustling of the leaves with the wind. The birds singing and chirping in harmony. The warm rays of sunlight that shun through the trees and hitting his face, making it feel like he was being embraced in the warmth of another body.
  The cracking of a twig cause him to freeze. The low growl of an Ursa sounded from behind him. He quickly unsheathed his sword and held it firm in his left hand.
  There was another growl, this time from his left side.
  'More than one?' He thought as he slowly turned around in a circle, waiting for one of them to pounce.
  The air fell silent and Zakai tensed and narrowed his eyes. The rustling of bushes from behind him caused him to quickly turn and slash at one of the Ursa's. The blade made contact with its right eye. It roared in pain as it charged at him again.
  "Tsk! It's like my life is full of action." He complained as he dodged the Ursa last second and rammed into it, causing it to stagger. He went to impale it, but he too, was rammed into by the other Ursa, getting sent flying back into a tree.
  "Gh!"  He staggered and nearly fell to his knees.
  'The old man says it uses dust...but I don't have any....damn it!' The Ursa that rammed him came charging. Zakai reacted by jumping and kicking off the tree. As he flew over the Ursa he stabbed the sword into its back, cutting it open as it cut its flesh open until he landed on the ground. The Ursa died and the other one roared.
  It slammed its arm down on him, to which he blocked using the sword. His feet started digging into the ground at its shear strength.
  As it raised its other arm up to slam down on him, Zakai slid its arm off the sword, deflecting it and shoving the blade into its gut and shoving down.
  The Ursa died and Zakai was victorious, but not without some injuries. He sprained his ankle when the Ursa slammed its arm down on him, and he broke a rib or two when the other one slammed into him.
  'You're weak, Zakai. Yet you wish to protect them all? You can barely protect yourself. You need to get stronger.' The voice that sounded like his spoke in his head. And it was right.
  Zakai needed to get stronger. For his sake, and everyone else's...whoever they might be.
And so...he trained until he knew he'd be strong enough to protect them and himself. Training his mind and body nonstop, even when he felt like quoting, he kept on training.