Chapter 36- Oh, I got a story for you

As he walked into the city, he looked around, astonished and confused. "Where am I?" He said to no one in particular, only to be answered by someone.
  "Argus," they said.
  "GAH!" He jumped. His chain jingled as he did so. "Don't sneak you on me like that!" He held his chest where his heart was. "Nearly killed me."
  "Oh?" She chuckled. "I'm sorry. I didn't know you were weak at heart."
  "Weak at heart?" He laughed as well. "Not even close." He put both his hands on the back of his head and smiled. "I'm a monster. I have no heart."
  The girl chuckled at his reply. "I'm assuming you're new here? Seeing as how you didn't even know where you were."
  "Yeah I'm new here." He scratched the back of his head. He noticed her carrying some groceries and sighed to himself. "Do you need help carrying those?" He asked.
  "Well, if you want to," She held them out to him. He grabbed them. "But I'm also not done yet. So, would you mind following me to get the rest?"
  "Yeah, of course." He smiled brightly. "Anything to help a lady." He bowed.
  "Oh? Such a gentleman." She chuckled. "My name's Saphron, what's yours?"
  "Zakai," he replied. "And I'm pleased to meet your acquaintance."
  "Oh stop that," she chuckled. "Come this way," she motioned first him to follow. He did as told and followed her through the streets as she began buying the rest of her groceries. They were having a nice conversation as they did so.
  "So, where did you come from?" She asked him.
  "Uh, I don't really know." He said. "It's a 3 day walk south."
  "Walk?" She put her hand to her mouth in surprise. "You walked that far?"
  "Yeah," he laughed. "But it's cool. I love walking."
  "But..that far? You must be tired."
  "Haha! No, I'm fine." He waved his hands dismissively.
  "Even if that's true, I insist you come over and eat with us."
  "No. I couldn't intrude. Plus you'll have to get more stuff to make up for me joining you."
  "Not even. We have quite a few people staying with us for a while. So I'm not going to have to buy anything."
  "Well...if you're sure. I guess I could stay over. On one condition though."
  "Oh? And what's that?"
  "I cook the food."
  "I'm sorry?"
  "I want to cook the food. Trust me. I'm good at it."
  "...if you say so. I mean, I was going to cook. And you're the guest. I don't want you to have to do anything."
  "Nonsense," he said. "I'd love to cook. My family was a family of chiefs, after all. The Snyder cooking is matched by none!"
  "SNYDER!" She yelled. "The Snyders?!"
  "...wait. You...knew about us?"
  "Yes! Who hasn't?! Everyone loved the bread your family made. And we loved the food even more! My mother use to talk about y'all all the time. How she would travel far and wide to get some of the food that was made."
  "Yeah. Sounds about right. Wow. I can't believe you actually know my family." He laughed softly.
  "Wait?! Are they here too?! Your family?"
  "...No...they're...they're gone..." his head hung low.
  "I-I'm so sorry....I didn't know."
  "It's fine," he replied. "They passed a long time ago. I'm not surprised you didn't know. But anyway, I'd love to cook for you, and I hope you all will love it."
  "Of course we will!" She seemed a bit to excited for a lady of her age. But he just laughed at that.
"Now follow me," she motioned for him to follow. He did as he was told and followed her through the streets of Argus.
"All right," she turned around. "We're here." He looked at the house before him.
"Looks comfy." He smiled.
"Oh it is." She opened the door and he was greeted by another women. "This is Terra, my wife," she smiled.
"Oh?" Zakai reaches his hand out to Terra. "Nice to meet you, Mrs. Terra."
"Oh. I see we have a gentleman here." She chuckled.
"Indeed you do," he began. "I'm Zakai, and it's a pleasure to meet you."
"Same here." She smiled. "So, what are you doing here? Not that I mind."
"I invited him over," Saphron said. "He told me if his long travels and I couldn't not help."
"Always so kind. That's why I love you."
"Awwww," Zakai said. "Y'all are SO cute!" The two women blushed at that. "Anyway, hang me the food and I'll begin cooking!"
"Wait, he's cooking?" Terra asked Saphron as Zakai took the groceries.
"Yes. You won't believe who his family is. He's a Snyder."
"THE SNYDERS!" Terras voice had raised just like Saphron's. "That's crazy!" She looked over at Zakai, who was already cutting up some of the ingredients while reaching into cabinets, searching for spices and herbs.
"Can't wait till Jaune and everyone gets back and they get a taste of this food." Saphron chuckled.
"Oh. I bet they'll be hungry. What with all the searching they've been doing for Osc-"
"Kai?" A voice called out to him.
"Wait...that voice....Oscar?" Zakai turned to look at Oscar. He still hadn't stopped cutting ingredients and sautéing them.
"Do you see this? That's a Snyder for you." Saphron whispered your Terra.
"amazing right. But that's besides the point. Did you know Zakai knew Oscar?" Terra asked.
"Not at all...."
"You're okay?!" Oscar walked up to him. "You are, right?"
"Oh yeah. Better than ever." He replied. "What are you doing here? This is a lady's house you know."
"Well...actually...." and so Oscar caught Zakai up on everything that had happened.

"Wait, so you're telling me that Salem is immortal and Ozpin has no plan on killing her?"
"Basically...."
"And also it's Ozpins fault for a lot of the shit that's gone down?"
"Yep...."
"....meh. Sounds about right."
"W-What do you mean? Isn't that bad to hear?" Oscar asked, obviously confused by Zakais reaction.
"Well, I guess it is. But not nearly as bad as you would think." Zakai stopped reaching for ingredients for a second and looked at Oscar. "It may seem like Ozpins fault, and I know you're all scared because of it and blame him as well. But did you ever consider Oz's feelings?" He asked. "Ozpin loved Salem. Hell, he had kids with her. Do you think that he just got over his feelings for her like that? Years of love. Centuries of it even. It doesn't just vanish because someone becomes the bad guy." He noticed a tear run down Oscars cheek. "Are you crying?" Zakai asked.
"Huh?" He wiped the tear away. "No..that wasn't me." He looked up at Zakai, who was smiling.
He put his hand on Oscars head. "It's okay." He said. But he wasn't talking to Oscar. "Anyway," he went back to cooking. "I like the new get up."
"Thanks," Oscar sounded like he was smiling. "I like yours too. Where'd you get that scarf? And where's your weapon?"
"Oh, I got a story for you." Zakai said. He heard the door open and Saphron welcome people back.
"We couldn't find him...." a familiar voice reached the kitchen.
"Oh and a story for them as well."